Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11

Old 10-21-2011, 05:32 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Congrats on the complements! I couldn't imagine making a goal of 200 situps a day. I bet if you weren't sick you would have crushed it. So, you're going to get some new gear to celebrate? Did I say that right? I was looking at your food log, how's the coconut water?

200 situps a day isn't that bad if you break it up like I had planned on it:
Wake up - Stretch - 100 Situps- Go do life stuff - Come home from life stuff - Stretch - 100 Situps - More life stuff - Sleep

But yeah, if I had been well, and not, like, a friggin' zombie, then I tots would have nailed it! I can't wait to be back 100%! I got my voice back today, which was totally AWESOME!!!

Correction: I'm going to research new gear- actually getting gear is expensive and sometimes harrowing. But yeah, you got it! Is that a weird phrase or something? Like, Idk, my Yankee ex had never heard about someone being "thrown over" so... maybe I'm more Southern than I originally thought?

I LOVE COCONUT WATER! It kind of tastes like delicious dirt... if that makes any sense? Like... delicious, sugar filled, heavy mineral water? I am not a good one to explain it because I suck at making food sound appetizing, but yeah, it's the bomb! You can buy individual serving sizes at the grocery store near the bottled water. There are multiple brands, but my preferred ones are "Arizona's CocoZona" and then the one called "Zinco".

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but did you mention that you have the Book of the Face?!
Old 10-21-2011, 05:45 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
mhibdon, where are you now? I was thinking it was kind of wimpy to be complaining about the cold in Charleston, but I didn't want to say so .
I am in Clemson, SC. So... basically 3.5 hours NW of Charleston. We're right near the "mountains"! It has been all over the place from the 80's to the 40's! But yeah, I'm totally a wimp when it comes to the cold! I went 18 years before I ever saw snow!
Old 10-22-2011, 12:21 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I don't know how I missed this earlier. Congrats on the appointment! Hopefully things will turn around and the bleeding will stop. Not to sounds stalkerish or anything but I was looking at your pics on FB and must say that you're very photogenic. Seeing your profile pics reminds me that I need to try to get back out and play tennis. Well more like, try not to hit the balls over the fence.
TYVM . My niece is a photographer trying to start her own business and took the ones from this summer. Personally, I hate having my pictures taken, always have.

Yes, get your butt up and go play a match or do some drills. I'm not that good but it's great exercise and the nature of it is like HIIT, play a point, get the heart rate up, end point, relax a bit, then up, then down...

Put some spin on your shots and they won't sail as far.

Gotta go get ready; I have a match at 9:30.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:38 AM
FitDay Member

Morning Ladies!!!

I just woke up and weighed myself.... Lost 2.6 pounds this week! So pumped for a great start.

Hitting the gym at 10am. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Old 10-22-2011, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

Ruby. Many congrats on your great baby news.

Quinn. That foccacia sounds heavenly, makes me actually want to get into the kitchen and bake. Your daughter's costume sounds fantastic and how clever of her to put it all together .

Jjeand. I love Rocky Horror and I'm definitely Magenta. Have a time warping rockin time.

Luckygirl15. Well done on the loss.

My lovely cousin Helen lost her fight with cancer yesterday, she passed away with dignity and with all her family around her.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lizards13

My lovely cousin Helen lost her fight with cancer yesterday, she passed away with dignity and with all her family around her.
I'm so sorry, Lizzie. I'm sure that your heart is heavy today. May she find peace.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

Posting late again... busy night last night, football, fireworks, late dinner out. Hoping to get a hike in today since it's going to be a lovely, warm, fall day.

Trying to repeat last weeks success:

1. Calories between 1000-1200; LOG EVERYTHING! Allowing for Tuesday to be an exception. (Daughter's 18th birthday) I think so; hard to log. Over by a piece of cake. Yes, Yes, 1572

2. 90 oz. of water a day, no excuses. No, but close. No, they're chlorinating our water supply and it's awful!!! Yes, but it's still disgusting. Close, Close

3. NO BREAD FOR ONE WEEK, which will force me to eat the things that I should be eating instead. Yes, 1 piece out to dinner, Yes, Yes, 1 piece out to dinner

4. No butter, margarine, spreads... nothing. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

5. Take all vitamins and supplements; don't skip the big, nasty ones. Yes, Yes, Yes (I hate the big nasty ones.) Forgot 2, Yes

6. Quit making excuses for falling off the wagon, even on weekends. There are no excuses... you've just been lazy and undisciplined. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

Good luck Mike, on your walk/run today! Remember your good socks!!!
Old 10-22-2011, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator

I just finished my walk, in memory of Helen.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie, sorry to hear that you lost Helen. Sounds like she made this world a better place with so many people having loved her so.

Quinn, great job on your goals!

Terri, your BF sounds so cool. Sounds like you two are really good for each other--that you compliment/complete each other.

Luckygirl! Congrats on that fabulous weight loss and on all the work you did to accomplish that. We all know weight doesn't fall off all by itself!

Darlene, oh, that was so smart to log the Nyquil as 200 calories of candy. I never thought of that. My headache did go away, thanks. I hope you get some help for your sinus condition, too. Yeah, if it's an infection you might need antibiotics to get rid of it. Hope you feel better soon! My granddaughter's more considerate assistant manager let her off at 8PM instead of midnight so she could get a good night's sleep for her ACT test today. She was well rested and ready to go when my daughter arrived to take her to the test site this morning.

Quinn, that sounds perfect for the costume--your daughter is very clever! I always got such a kick out of Cousin It. LOL

Mike, hot donuts don't count as a healthful breakfast, eh? LOL You seem to be doing very well on your goals considering how busy you've been lately. Congrats on that. Good for you for being cautious about the scam you suspected with the bike. Sorry it was that. I hope you can find something affordable that will give you a lot of pleasure. So how was the walk?

Main80, but still, 1443 calories isn't bad at all PLUS you got in some exercise. You've got to be burning more calories than you're eating. Congrats on doing that well! Oh, I never thought of that--I, too, had been doing pretty good on water until the weather turned cooler. Now that you mentioned that I'll start putting up notes and hints--may be good for me to fill my 64 oz. insulated mug every morning--haven't used that for a while and it's bright color may grab my attention enough.

mhibdon, thanks for the chuckle. Good for you for ditching being ladylike in favor of chugging water from that gallon jug. There's a lot to be said for being your own person. LOL Super job on your water, vitamins and even the one mile walk with Stego. Ooh, that's so cool getting compliments on your weight loss. I hope you enjoy some new clothes. Coconut water tastes like delicious dirt? And that's a GOOD thing? LOL LOL LOL

Cassie, wishing you and the boy good tennis matches today!

Went out for breakfast with DH and had a really delicious omelet with zero cholesterol egg substitute, tomatoes, onion, spinach, cheese and Hollandaise sauce. I'll have a light lunch to make up for the cheese. Yeah, I know it's silly to eat Hollandaise sauce (contains eggs) atop a zero cholesterol egg substitute omelet, but it was a compromise. I substituted cantaloupe in place of the hash brown potatoes and gave DH my biscuits.

Last edited by Mern; 10-22-2011 at 04:26 AM.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:58 AM
FitDay Member

Mike,

For the record, I do not drive 80 mph while applying lipstick... umm... well.... not often anyway... Only when I'm late, which is pretty often.

Mern,

Thanks, but I'm afraid the scale went up this week instead of down. I think I'm going to have to look more closely at what my calories consists of rather than just how many calories I consume. Like I said, the only thing that I can figure out is that my gluttony over the apple orchard period just caught up with me in a delayed reaction for some reason. lol I am eating foods now that I never would have eaten a year ago... something that I have to cut out if I want to keep my weight from returning in its entirety.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.