Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11

Old 10-17-2011, 05:40 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, Tonja.

Hi to everyone else.

Ann, congrats on the new job.

I haven't had time to read the thread, nor catch up with last week's.

Hmm, I wonder how much of a total for Susan G. Komen it would take to get Mike to WAX HIS LEGS. Did I hear a "That ain't gonna happen!!!" with a southern accent?

I'm in this week and have to stay committed for the whole week this time. UGH! I've been HORRIBLE!

I'm on the run again--gotta go pick up teenage grandkids from school. Bye for now.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:51 AM
FitDay Member

Daily Goals:
1. Keep calories under 1500
2. Drink more water
3. Take the new gummy vitamins I just bought
4. Get to the gym at least 3 times

Life Goals:
1. Turn in project for class tomorrow night
2. Study and take the stupid final exam on Thursday night (Quantitative Analysis for Decision Making...ie Lots of math)
3. Start cleaning the house
4. Finish shutterfly wedding album
Old 10-17-2011, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Quinn, happy b-day to your DD; it is a milestone one!!!
Thanks! It's a milestone for me, too... no more minor children; only adults!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 06:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker

And how is it that you can have a 4 hour binge and still call the weekend "OK"? You are clearly a far better woman than I. In like 23 minutes flat I could undue a whole month of perfect behavior, and that would include washing the drool and chocolate off my hands and face afterward. Joey Chesnutt's got nothin' on me.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Ok, so maybe I didn't do OK! LOL I gave myself credit for holding the insanity to 4 hours, but you're right; it was pretty ugly. On Packer Sundays, I usually don't make lunch. Instead, I make up a bunch of fairly healthy snacks and munch away. BUT SOMEHOW, pie and other "forbiden fruits" may have snuck into the mix... also, a Port wine cheeseball and an awesome cheesy bean dip... Yeah, I guess maybe it was pretty ugly, come to think of it!
Old 10-17-2011, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

I've already been informed that I need to stop at the farmer's market after work one evening this week to get apples to make pies this weekend. I am going to try to limit it to two pies. We shall see. When I make pies they are so full and stacked high that they take almost double the apples a recipe calls for.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, that ain't gonna happen!
Old 10-17-2011, 06:56 AM
FitDay Member

Come on Mike! Waxing doesn't hurt!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

Rose Great job on staying on track while on your work/vacation I admire your ability to join a gym and stay on track so far from home. Are excited to be going home? I bet your family will be happy to see you. I hope you have a good book you will need it for your long trip home.

Amy You are a machine “100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 15 sets of twinkle toes” my squats and sit ups=50 I don’t even think I can do 20 pushups . I am sorry to hear about your bad orchard day but I bet those apples were tasty. What kind of halloween costumes are you making for your kids?

Lizzie No movement is way better than going up but plateaus are no fun I hope yours ends soon.

Hope What are you writing?

Joanna Happy early birthday to bad about it being an exam day. Yeah on your scale going down.

Mike You must be close to wearing pink….I am sure a big strong man like you can live with waxing if we all can lol.

Anne Congrats on the new job.

Cassie At least you can say the cake is gone no more temptation. My exercise program is working well for me thanks. A trainer at the gym this morning was commenting on the muscle tone I was getting I chuckled, I am sure muscle tone would look better not covered in fat.

Quinn Congrats to your kids being all grown up that was a hard one for me no more babies at home now I just need to wait about five years for grandbabies. Cheesy bean dip would of killed my calories for the whole week I would not of shared or stopped until it was all gone we are a bean dip free zone.

April Your goal list is huge but in your normal busy way I am sure you will fly through it. Yeah on your weight drop.

Hi to mern and luckygirl15 and Mhibdon.

All this pie talk is making me want ice cream I can pass on the pie though. I went to the gym this morning thinking I could take it easy since my calf muscle is still hurting but we have a new trainer who is getting his practical hours by helping in the woman’s only area and it seems he is a boxing trainer ugh you don’t use your calf muscle to punch, so I managed to do my circuit with punching cardio and now my arms feel like soggy spaghetti noodles. I started my random cleaning goal today by cleaning the cleaning closet it seemed funny to me that it was the messiest closet I have. I am also going to go through hubby’s dresser he has six drawers of clothes yet I see him in the same 7 or 8 shirts all the time maybe I need to move some different ones to the top and the ones he wears to the bottom drawers.

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Come on Mike! Waxing doesn't hurt!
I was born during the day but not yesterday. I've used hot wax before, it sucks.

Originally Posted by dar n
Mike You must be close to wearing pink….I am sure a big strong man like you can live with waxing if we all can lol.
Getting there. Um, no... you wax your legs first then get back with me.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

Mike: I will so bring your donation drive up to my sorority sisters! I’m sure that they’d LOVE to see you in all pink! Thanks for the warm welcome! Some times tough love is the best kind of love! ☺ <3 Also- don’t lie, you stay because you enjoy having a beautiful internet harem :P

Almeeker: Hey girl haaaay! I hit a bit of a rough patch after being a partycat all summer, but I’m back! I have my own kitchen now so I can measure everything ever and it is wonderful! Recently went to a rave (DayGlow) then volunteered at a triathlon (Rev3) and I am now so super stoked about life! Going to those events was the kick in the pants that I needed! Especially after seeing women bigger than me complete a tri, I was like “Wait a minute… if I can dance hard for 9 hours.. and then jump and scream for 8 hours here… then that means… OMG I CAN DO THIS TOO!” So, yeah, that’s my new goal :P

Wildbeanerz: Way to go with still losing even with unexpected food and Flo! One thing that I’ve found is great for cramps is that As-Seen-On-TV BellyBand/Burner It is just a black band that is supposed to localize your body heat to your abs so that you’ll supposedly burn more fat in that area. Now I don’t put much stock in claims like that about fat, but boy does it keep heat right where you need it! Plus you can wear it underneath a baggy teeshirt so you never have to go without!

Jjeand: I feel you about not being so fast in the mornings! These peeps are early birds! :P

Cassie: Just think of it as super charging your metabolism! Now your body is all set to burn extra calories!

Quinn: I love your thought process to cut out bread to encourage your self to eat other things! I might pick that goal up once I finish off my loaf!

Ann: Don’t be so hard on yourself! Think of it this way: You can either beat yourself up or dust yourself off- not both at once! Whenever I get crazy stressed from school, I like to google quotes from Confucius and mule over those while I exercise- I don’t let myself think about chores, or homework, or drama! It really helped me find a calm space in the hectic day-to-day! ☺

Canary52: Thanks for sharing the meaning of Chai!

Joanna: Perhaps you could encourage some of your fellow Ph.D. students to train for a 5K with you instead of hitting up the bars for Grad-student night?

Lizzie: Darn right maintaining is better than going up! You got this, girl!

Rose: Good for you for joining a gym over there! Did they have anything different from your gym in the US?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.