Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day (and I mean all 7 days!!!) Motivational Thread starting 10/3. >

7-Day (and I mean all 7 days!!!) Motivational Thread starting 10/3.

Community
Notices

7-Day (and I mean all 7 days!!!) Motivational Thread starting 10/3.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

I just had a bright idea, which doesn't happen that often. How about a "Put your money where your mouth is Manic Monday"? I think for my goals for next week I will do just that. Anyone here that makes a donation tomorrow (Monday) I will match it dollar for dollar up to the first $25 per person. So for example it 10 people donate $25 each I'll put up $250 of my money. It doesn't have to be a $25 donation, if you put up $5, I'll put up $5. Whatever you decide. I hate to put a $25 limit on it but I don't want to just leave it open and bite off more than I can chew.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:57 PM
FitDay Member

Well, I guess I'll check-in one last time before the weekend is officially over... I've been reading the posts, just too lazy to post. My weekend is going fine. It's taken all week to recover weight-wise from my awful Monday. Maybe also some other factors, but I was hoping to slide into homebase for tomorrow's Columbus Day challenge final check-in - ah well.

Mike, no problem, I'm only glad I remembered to donate!

Quinn, back home there was an apple orchard that would open late summer through to the end of November, and they made the most amazing apple donuts! They actually weren't that appley, but something about being made with the cider made them soooo moist (I hate that word.) I'm so jealous 'cause I'm hearing from all my friends that they're going out to the orchard and I'm so sad I can't go, but it's probably just as well, 'cause I think last year I ate a dozen donuts single-handedly!

Anyway, see you all back here tomorrow!
Old 10-09-2011, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

Joanna, just remember that Monday was a temporary setback.

Goals for Next week.
Health & Fitness
1) Eat clean for SEVEN days!!
2) Fix a hot breakfast everyday (pop tart doesn't count)
3) 4 servings of fruit & veggies daily
4) Post up my food & exercise journal daily
5) Lift, Lift, Lift x 3
6) Daily:
Floss
Fish Oil
Multi Vitamin

Non Health & Fitness
7) Snooze button no more than once per day
8) Get battery for food scale
9) Pay State and Federal taxes
10) Put your money where your mouth is Manic Monday
11) Write 4 policies
12) Get 4 donations (If you want to help out or just want to see if I'll put my money where my mouth is, please click on my site!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 10-09-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:17 PM
FitDay Member

Rose Your necklace for your Mom sounds beautiful I am sure she will love it. Thanks for the kudo’s on my week but you must of missed my 381 calories of wine 1100 calories on food post, I won’t lose weight this way I may do some liver damage though.Thanks for the Thanksgiving hug I am sending it back from Canada to you it’s our day for thanks not matter where you are at. I get turkey tomorrow and I am excited. We had ham at church tonight I managed to skip the mash and other goodies I had salad and some raspberry desert I brought but I added the whip cream which I wasn’t supposed to do so my fat grams are high but I have calories left for my turkey feast tomorrow. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Mary Thanks for the nice comment on dinner but I have three this weekend so Sat was good Sun was ok Monday is turkey my favorite so calories probably won’t be as good. The weather was gorgeous here today my hubby suggest a hike I checked his head for a fever he hates to walk unless he’s chasing a golf ball then we walked 6k up to a waterfall and back before dinner. It’s been a great day I hope you enjoyed your nice weather as well.

It sounds like we are not all overweight just under height.

Quinn & Mike Wishing you well for your week ahead.

Amy Congrats on your week you did really well and you posted all week no matter what just like you said you would so yeah you. I hope you are recovering from your gym day sounds like a good workout. I was thinking of you today after my hike with hubby we stopped at a farmers stand and he had 25lbs of organic tomatoes for $12.00 I hesitated that’s a lot of tomatoes than I smiled and said I can do this I am sure Amy would grab 50lbs. So now I am home and I have 25lbs of tomatoes and I am panicking a little and wondering what I have done. Do I peel them? Remove seeds? Just cook them? Make tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce? Whatever I make I will have to freeze I am not ready to can yet. So before I go surfing the internet and get frustrated HELP please…Thank you!!!

Have a great night.

Goals
Do not talk diet with family: M=N, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=Y, S=N, S=Y
Exercise daily: M=treadmill, T= walk&weights, W=circuit training, T=circuit training, F=treadmill, S=treadmill&circuit training, S=hike=Yes
Squats daily: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=Y, S=Y, S=N
Calories less than 1400 Mon thru Fri: M= 1344, T=1149, W=1288, T=1538, F=1337 =N (but it was worth it)
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -822, T=-932, W= -874, T= -640, F= -790, S= -843, S= -727 = (-5628)
Avoid deserts Thanksgiving weekend: S=Y, S=N
Keep calories below 2000 Sat/Sun: S=1377, S=1413 (fat=61.8g)
Old 10-09-2011, 11:11 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Amy Congrats on your week you did really well and you posted all week no matter what just like you said you would so yeah you. I hope you are recovering from your gym day sounds like a good workout. I was thinking of you today after my hike with hubby we stopped at a farmers stand and he had 25lbs of organic tomatoes for $12.00 I hesitated that’s a lot of tomatoes than I smiled and said I can do this I am sure Amy would grab 50lbs. So now I am home and I have 25lbs of tomatoes and I am panicking a little and wondering what I have done. Do I peel them? Remove seeds? Just cook them? Make tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce? Whatever I make I will have to freeze I am not ready to can yet. So before I go surfing the internet and get frustrated HELP please…Thank you!!!
LOL, take a deep breath here, you can do this. How you process the tomatoes all depends on what you are going to do with them. My freezer is usually full of other stuff so I can mine, but I have quite a few friends that freeze them. Basically you do whatever you want with them. If you want stewed tomatoes, blanch them in hot water, peel, make sure to cut off not only the bellybutton on the top, but 1/8" from the blossom end as well. The blossom end contains enzymes that promote decomposition. Then drop them in freezer bags or boxes, label and freeze. Yes it really is that easy.

If you want to make salsa, chop up the tomatoes, green peppers, hot peppers, onions and stew them on the stove or in a crock pot until everything is cooked through, then add in cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. If the batch looks watery add a few cans of tomato paste. If you want to make tomatoes for chili, then skip the cumin and double the chili powder. Spaghetti sauce is similar as well, only leave out the hot peppers and add in oregano and rosemary instead of cumin and chili powder, you can also throw in other veggies, like red peppers, carrots or diced zucchini. For spaghetti sauce I often add in just a tiny bit of sugar. I prefer my spaghetti sauce chunky, but many of my friends put theirs through a blender to make it smooth. When the tomatoes are ready, let them cool until they can be safely handled, then place it into freezer bags, boxes or jars, seal, label and freeze.

For the record 25lbs for $12 makes them $0.48/lb, an excellent price! Remember that this winter when $1.99/lb is advertised as the "sale" price.

Last edited by almeeker; 10-09-2011 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness Goals
1. 80oz water daily M: Yes, T: No, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes, Sat: Yes, Sun: No
2. No stuffing junk in my mouthM: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes, Sat: Yes, Sun: Yes
3. Exercise when hubby leaves for work Weds-Sat M/T: N/a, W: 45min!, Th: No, F: 45min!, Sat: 50min! DONE!
4. Limit to one diet soda daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: No, Sat: Yes, Sun: Yes
5. No added salt on my plate except specific foodsM: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes, Sat: Yes, Sun: Yes

Life Goals
1. Enjoy visit with Dad M&T: Yes! Too short but it was great.
2. Cross-stitch project M: No, T: Yes (1-1/2hrs), W: No, Th: Yes (1/2hr)F: No, Sat: No, Sun: Yes

Just wanted to finish off my goals for the week on this thread. Heading over to this week's thread.