Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 03-03-2010, 05:01 AM
FitDay Member

Runnerchi-I'm supposed to be doing 3 meals and 3 snacks, but I usually do 3 meals 2 snacks so I can have a little more at dinner. OK I confess, it's because the rest of the family has Oreos or pudding pops after dinner, so I want them too. Snack is usually a protein shake or a piece of fruit, maybe with a few nuts or some string cheese. I'm aiming for 40/30/30 carbs/protein/fat as well, but it's usually closer to 50/20/30. I think I need more dairy, but it's hard working that in without busting the calorie budget, especially since I hate no-fat diet dairy products lol.

Ooh-one thing I have stumbled on recently is upping the protein with seafood. Those little packages of imitation crab are loaded with protein, and all I have to do is open the package. Also frozen shrimp, they thaw out in cold running water really quickly. And tuna pouches.

Last edited by Lizzycritter; 03-03-2010 at 05:05 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:37 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi girls!
It looks like everyone's doing well. It is great to read the stories and struggle, triumphs and tribulations. I just got back from a 3-day cross country ski trip in the Lake Tahoe area. Lordy, X-C skiing uses some muscles! I tried very hard not to over eat to match the calories burned and for the most part I was successful (I did enjoy a beer every night - not normally part of the current diet). I was also fortunate that both my DH and the couple we were skiing with were very considerate of my diet restrictions.
We'll see on Friday when I check in with the Dr. how well I actually did!

Welcome Sdrew72595, hey don't get too discouraged! There is not doubt that you are building muscle with all of those work outs, so it is likely you are masking the fat loss. One thing you might think about, if you haven't done so already, is to add a big aerobic component to your workouts. Does you gym have step classes or kick boxing or something along those lines? Most exercize experts suggest that to really burn the fat, you should do some pretty vigorous activity for 30 or more minutes. Circuit training can work that way, but I am a slug in the gym, so I can never really keep the pace up.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hi guys for me losing weight really has been about being accountable for everything that I put into my mouth using the food diary has kept me honest I log everything and then there is no hiding when I cheat.

I have also slowly increased my exercise from about an hour once a week to about 45mins 5 times a week these things combined with being in the right head space has allowed me to lose the weight so far. So much of this journey is psychological once you believe that you can do it you will.

I always knew that calories in had to be less then calories out but for so long I ate for comfort or out of boredom or just because I deserved to eat something nice. But I got to the stage where the scales kept going up and I hated what I saw in the mirror, those things combined with my mother not believing I could do it when I said after new year I was gonna loss weight have spurred me on

Anyway this is just what has worked for me in losing weight so far, I still have a long way to go and like everyone I struggle with willpower sometimes but I hope that by logging on to here and sharing my story that I can stay motivated and also help to support and motivate others. Goodluck all with your weight loss journeys I look forward to hearing about your progress over the next couple of months.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:43 AM
FitDay Member

Sdrew72595 keeping going I am sure you will see a result on the scales soon.

In the meantime remember that the scales is only way of monitoring your sucess just because this hasnt moved doesnt mean that you havent lost inches so why not measure yourself you may be amazed by how much these figures change even when the scale doesnt.

Also make sure that you havent dropped your calorie intake to low you need some calories to fuel the amount of exercising you are doing if you drop this too low then body will go into starvation mode and hang on to everything you eat. Hope this helps, stick with it you can do it.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hi guys,

Mind if I join you? Im Rachel, 5'5", weighed in today at 186. My goal is 155. Im 30!
Old 03-04-2010, 08:53 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Rachel

Congratulations on starting your weight loss journey. Will look forward to hearing how you get on over the next couple of months.

Kayla
Old 03-04-2010, 10:22 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Kayla!

I went and saw a nutritionist today for the first time. She suggested I log all my food in a journal, and I found this site. It's actually addicting! I must say, Im excited about loosing weight again!

Two years ago I was 248lbs, and a few months ago, I was down to 168. Ive got back up to 186, and I dont like it! So here I am today!

Im excited to hear about your journeys, and what we can all learn from eachother.

Rach
Old 03-05-2010, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default Welcome!

Welcome Rachel, we're happy you're here! I hear you about these boards being addicting...I also agree with you about being excited about losing weight. I, too, am excited! It's great knowing other people that are in this journey together. I'm excited to watch everyone's progress over time. Have a happy Friday!

KayJay - I completely get your sentence about eating for comfort or because you wanted something nice. Then I read your next sentence about not liking what you saw in the mirror and having someone doubt your ability to do it. That's me too! I realized I was a comfort food eater, or ate because I was bored. I've had a few people tell me, "just face it, it runs in your family", "you get it from your mother's side", "you're just big boned", etc. Well, I've never seen a fat skeleton! Being a competitive person (why I love marathoning), that just fueled me to make it happen. Great having you here, KayJay!
Old 03-05-2010, 02:37 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Smile bi-weekly weigh-in

Yippee! 4.5 lbs in 2 weeks! Good old FitDay - it really keeps me on track (and agree with Rachel... it is addicting).
I guess I will have to unpack that new scale now, seeing my own weight isn't quite so depressing any more. I hope everyone has a fun weekend - it is supposed to rain here.
BTW, the name's Pam and I live in southern California.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:47 AM
FitDay Member

Pam-Congrats on the loss! Im in Orange County, and it rained at my house all weekend.

How was everyones weekend?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.