Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/1 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/1

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/1

Old 08-04-2011, 06:49 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday

1. Calorie deficit of 6000: 922, 710, 617, 379 (2628)
2. Drink 3 L of water: Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Stay away from baked goods: Yes, Yes, Yes (it was hard today) , No

I still need to catch up will you all! Hope you have a great Friday!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:32 PM
FitDay Member

So far...

1.) Stay under 1600 calories/day: Yes/Yes/No/Yes
2.) 5000 calorie deficit: -1191/-978/-541/-1194 (-3904)
3.) Drink 64 oz. water/day: Yes/Yes/Yes/Yes
4.) Start packing: Started!
Old 08-04-2011, 11:34 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday report

Fish oil and Vitamin D YES YES YES forgot fish oil
5 servings fruits/veggies 4, 4 5, 5
Calorie limit 1600 1274, 1234, 1241, 1585
Calorie deficit 900 1262, 1140, 1234, 789
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 29, 25 even, 24.2, 23.6
Saturated fat limit 12% of total calories per day 8%, 12%, 7% 14%
Dietary cholesterol average 300mg per day 160, 254, 169, 248

Artificial sweetener limit 2 packets per day 0, 0, 4, 1
Sugar free Hershey/Russell Stover chocolate miniatures limit 2 per day 1, 1, 2, 0
Stay sodium nitrite/sodium nitrate free YES YES YES Bacon with entree at restaurant
Water 64 oz. YES YES YES YES
Exercise 5 days YES, Day off, YES NO

Last edited by Mern; 08-04-2011 at 11:41 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:50 PM
FitDay Member

Well down almost two pounds for the week!! Stuck with working out at lunch on the three days I am at work and plan on running with my friend still on Sunday. Also stuck with my diet 95% of the time. So happy that I am off to a good start. TGIF everyone!!
Old 08-05-2011, 12:34 AM
FitDay Member

A good week despite eating out two nights. Managed extra time at the Y yesterday. Calories minus 800 for day - Searching for smaller clothes in my closet. Mary
Old 08-05-2011, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness Goals:
1. log, Log, LOG! Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
2. 500 calorie per day deficit 987, 518, 462 , 732 (2699 total)
3. Exercise 30 min x 5 times yes, yes, yes, yes
4. 80oz or more water daily 84oz,72oz92oz, 84oz

Life Goals
1. File home paperwork Done!
2. Do water testing on fish tank Done!
3. Spend quality time daily with hubby No,Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Go through kids clothes No, No, No (oldest did his own though), No (youngest did his own too! )

Did not get out to the pond but spent about an hour wandering around WalMart. It's a good thing that I stick to my limits during the day at work because all this week I have had bad dinners. It isn't ruining me though.

This weekend should be fun. The boys have decided they no longer want to share a bedroom and since we have a spare room the older is moving into that one. There is already another set of bunkbeds in there. I need to change the border around the ceiling once I order him one since the one in there has a childish theme up there. Then he'll need new bedding & curtains to match the colors in there.

Don't get me wrong Mern I love tomatoes, just not little ones like cherry or grape. I am excited because my first homegrown mater of the season should be ready to pick tonight! I picked my first little cucumber the other night. Something bit the end and I didn't want it to go bad. It was so good with just a dash of salt on it! Green peppers are getting big. Trying to let them out there until they are big enough to make stuffed peppers. There are about 6-7 right now that are about 3/4 of the way to that size. I have about three little sugar baby watermelons too. They are bigger than a softball right now. Something is trying to eat them though so I don't know if I will get to enjoy them or not.

Mike...I know all about that PITA. My hubby has a bulging disc at L5/S1 and it disabled him for about 10 yrs. He had lumbar injections, nerve ends burnt off, electrical accupuncture, deep tissue massage, therapy, etc etc. It still would probably put a lesser man on the permanent DL. Take your pain as a warning not to do too much. He still has almost constant muscle spasms and pain, tingling, pulling down the left leg.

Last edited by wildbeanerz; 08-05-2011 at 02:53 AM. Reason: forgot to total my caloric deficit
Old 08-05-2011, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

Lunched with a friend yesterday who actually got irritated with me because I didn't order a light beer as I usually do when I lunch with her about once a month. She wasn't drinking alone--the other lady at our table ordered an alcoholic beverage, too. I told my friend I enjoy a beer now and then but I'm not addicted to it and I simply wanted a Diet Pepsi which isn't any better for me than beer. Then she quit griping. Go figure! LOL

Mike, either doughnut or donut are OK. It's often spelled "donut" by bakeries. Couldn't get into your cheat? Wow, that's unusual. LOL Aw, so sorry about your PITA! When did you say the next epidural is?

MAIN80, were you hanging out with Mike yesterday and eating doughnuts? LOL Congrats on the water and on still having a nice deficit!

Joanna! Fantastic job again yesterday! Woohoo on the packing!

Terri, LOL, I was disappointed at having to type five things in "that nasty red text." Whoever here started the trend of green and red text is brilliant! Really is a good reminder when we see it. I didn't count my tea as water until a nurse told me our bodies don't care if our water is flavored by tea leaves--that "water is water". She personally aspires to 64 "oz. per day and counts all liquids except for coffee, carbonated beverages and alcohol, so that's what I do now. But there's certainly nothing wrong with drinking 64 oz. clear, plain water on top of all our other stuff. Kudos to you on that!

Amy, great job on food and water yesterday! I didn't get in any exercise, either, but I didn't have even 5 minutes yesterday to exercise during the morning or afternoon and if I don't do it then, I don't do it at all. Glad you were able to fix the cable yourself. That happened to me once with a computer problem when the phone tech support person, who must have been a newbie, couldn't help me. Figured it out myself. Sometimes I really miss those "young and stupid" days. LOL Enjoy the return of your scouts--I hope that makes you feel better. Little bit of guilt feelings over your totally deserved break? I'm way older than you but can still empathize with you about the chaotic morning rush and the after school schedules. I have to return to to babysitting my younger grandkids before and after school and this coming school year I have to drive them because our school levy failed and we lost our school busses. My ME time feels even more severely compromised so I'm going to try to find some way to enjoy it to the fullest between the kid time. Have no idea how to come up with a new mindset about that. Hypnosis, maybe? LOL

Ann, great job yesterday and congrats on the 2 lb. loss in one week! Way to go! Yeah, TGIF. I'm ready for the weekend!

Mary, glad you had such a good week. Kudos on hunting for the smaller clothes! Woohoo! Hey, it's time to type age 65 in your signature! LOL

April, so your kiddos are growing up. I hope you have fun with putting a new decor in that other bedroom for your older boy. Oh, I misread--thought you didn't like any tomatoes. I like the grape and cherry in salads, otherwise, they're too void of juice for me. Your garden sounds a lot like ours--we have two types of green beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, radishes, fennel, cantaloupe, spearmint, but the leaf lettuce is all gone. Something is eating our green beans--DH thinks bunnies. DH had such a problem with the squirrels eating the corn that he no longer plants it. We had a problem one year with turtles from the creek behind our house eating our tomatoes. Well, critters gotta eat, too! LOL Great job on your goals yesterday!

Last edited by Mern; 08-05-2011 at 01:35 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:55 AM
Super Moderator

April, that sounds scary! I hope that I never have to go through that.

Mern, it turned in to a cheat. I have to log my food and post my numbers, but it wasn't toooooo bad.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone - have been working long days and doing other stuff and not able to catch up with all the posts yet.
I was totally scundered ( northern Irish word) yesterday morning when I got on the scales and it read 151 which was up by 1.5lbs. I got off and then back on and it read 147.5 so I got off and on again and it still said 147.5 so I decided to take the average and say 148.5 as I know that I have been good all week.
On the run again today but I am now going out to get my 30 mins in before I rush off again. Will catch up this evening hopefully, but by the quick scan of the posts everyone is doing well this week, great news. Have a wonderful Friday.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:22 AM
Super Moderator

April: I think you're exactly right, it's the seed-juice thing that gets me. And it feels like too much skin, somehow? I really don't like whole tomatoes at all, though I can eat them forever cut up and put in something. I think "texture things" are harder to get over than "taste things" when it comes to food! I never did like super-juicy food (though I like "squishy" and "mushy" food, go figure). Sometimes I think there's a fascinating thesis about all this out there somewhere...

Mern: Thanks for the dressing recipe!! That seems easy! I bet BF would LOVE your DH's lime recipe, he's a sucker for citrus. I bet it even works as a seasoning too or a marinade with a little tweaking! I think I just like being strict with myself - also, tea and coffee is a rare thing for me since I try not to consume caffiene (and if I do, it's usually in chocolate form!) because of metabolism problems I have with it. I dunno who came up with the red/green either but it does help!

Amy: Maybe give yourself an in-home spa treatment tonight? I do that sometimes when BF is out really late with the guys and stuff - all it takes is some candles in the bathroom and a nice-smelling bubble-bath and maybe some facial scrub and I feel great! Kudos on fixing the cable, as well - what did stupid Jimmy know? Pft.

Ann: Congrats on the two pounds!!

Mary: You are inspiring, lady. I need to JUST GO to the gym like you do!

Mike: Sorry about your PITA Maybe just give it a day or so and see if it goes down?

Thursday Report Card

1) Deficit of between 4,000-5,000 calories by Sunday T: -384 W: -639 Th: -405 (Total: -1,428)
2) 96 oz. water daily T: no (80) W: no (64) Th: no (48)
3) Multivitamin every day T: yes W: yes Th: yes
4) Exercise (anything, just move!) twice this week. Bonus points if I go to the gym. T: No (knee) W: No (knee) Th: no
5) Log everything (this habit has sadly slipped) T: yes, though a couple things were a guesstimate W: yes Th: yes
6) Make an effort on my appearance every day T: somewhat W: yes Th: yes
7) Eat at least one fruit or vegetable serving with every meal T: No (breakfast) W: yes Th: no (breakfast - unless nuts count!)
8) Get rid of my fat clothes!! T-F: Weekend goal, looking forward to it!

So my workout plan didn't happen. Sigh. I was at work until 7:30 helping a grad student whom I dub The Most Indecisive Person On The Planet, and then BF wasn't feeling well (I think he was just exhausted from work, but it affected his stomach) so I had to try a couple of different dinner combinations until I found something that he thought he could stomach - and by then it as 9:00 and it really felt too late to work out for me. He also cut his hand pretty badly on a metal stool, so all-in-all he was miserable and exhausted and I spent much of my evening trying to be EXTRA CHEERY to keep him in a good mood. Sometimes I think he reverts to toddler-stage when he's like that (lol) but I refuse to give in to the grumpiness.

I suppose I could have worked out even so late, but we only have one T.V. and he was hogging it and watching some show about guns and such. I didn't want to start that argument, and the gym in my complex closes at 9:30.

Hopefully, things work out a little more in my favor tonight and I can work out without feeling like I'm going to bruise anyone's tender mood . I'm very stiff/sore today; I had to sleep on the couch since BF's snoring got into ridiculous levels last night and even earplugs couldn't save me. I could have kicked him out to the couch, but he's been working 10 hour shifts in the oppressive heat - he needs the comfy bed to rest in more than I do, really.

The things we do for those we love!

TGIF everyone!

~Terri

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.