Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/25 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/25

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/25

Old 07-30-2011, 11:51 PM
FitDay Member

Calorie limit 1600 1621, 1137, 1131, 1344, 833--busy and not very hungry, 1309
Calorie deficit 900 per day 753 1237, 1243, 850, 1541, 1231
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 30.6, 18.5, 19 even, 25 even, 13.7, 23.8
Sat fat limit 12% of total calories 14%, 10%, 9%, 10%, 12%, 13%
Dietary Cholesterol average 300mg per day 548, 155, 599, 224, 122, 254 (avg. 317)
Track protein grams and % 128 or 33%, 98 or 36%. 88 or 32%, 98 or 30%, 82 or 41%, 134 or 44%

Artificial sweetener limit 2 packets per day 2, 0, 2, 1, 0, 0
Sugar Free candy limit 2 pieces per day 1, 2, 2, 4 2, 0
5 servings veggies/fruit per day YES, YES 2, 2, 4 YES
Vitamin D and Fish oil daily NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO
Do best to avoid nitrates/nitrites started Tuesday, YES YES Oops, missed one--should have known the ham steak I ate would have sodium nitrite--but I did TRY my best. YES YES

Water 64 oz. Exercise 5 days YES, YES YES YES YES YES
Exercise 5 times DAY OFF, couldn't, couldn't, couldn't, NO YES
Old 07-31-2011, 12:32 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie Brooks, welcome to our group. We have another Cassie--would you like me to call you Cassie2, Cassie Brooks, or Cassandra? Oh, a new bride! Wishing you much happiness in your new marriage! I'm just 5 feet tall and was 246 at my highest weight--down to 212.5 since joining this group. You came to a good place for support. We're all in this healthful weight loss and continued healthful eating journey together. Oh, golly, your husband is right--you deserve love no matter how much you weigh. Tell us what your goals are--you don't need to start out with a long list of things. Sometimes "baby steps" are what we need. (I started out with just five minutes of exercise per day.) So how many calories are you shooting for? Are you going to follow low calorie, low fat, or some other way of eating? Are you doing any exercise? YOU CAN DO THIS! And congrats on making the decision to start.

Mary, best wishes with your family situation. DH and I have remained close with my stepson's ex-wife for over 20 years. Like you, we just wanted both of them to be happy.

Mike, I need a translation: broke your swivel? Congrats on the redfish you caught but really sorry to hear about your back. This group is plagued with back problems--but I think you and Quinn have it the worst. Wow, looks like you're gonna make your calorie deficit goal! I so admire how you can allow yourself that cheat day and then jump right back on the wagon!

Joanna, congrats on the water and on your accountability. You're doing great on calories most days. Best wishes on your open house.

Last edited by Mern; 07-31-2011 at 12:45 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Cassandra and welcome, you've made a good choice logging in to Fitday, it really has helped me to stay focused ( well mostly, I'm no angel when it comes to food and drink).

Mary - good that you can talk to your son and great that you can keep a relationship going with your ex DIL. I'll raise a glass of wine to that lol.

Mern - got on that treadmill again today for 30 mins, now I just have to keep it up next week.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

Goals progress
1. Stay under 1200. Y Y Y Y Y Y ?
2. Get some exercise, anything will do to get me started. N N Y N Y N Y
3. Drink more fluids ( not alcohol or soda) A LITTLE
4. Eat more protein NOT REALLY
Other goals
1. Sort will STARTED TO PLAN
2. Book Vegas hotel Done
3. Clear out some clothes to charity shop. Yes
4. Find some certificates I seem to have lost. NO SIGN

Last edited by Lizards13; 07-31-2011 at 02:33 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie, wow, you're doing WELL on that exercise! I love how you phrased your goal: "Get some exercise, anything will do to get me started." Congrats on a repeat of that 30 minutes. I'm going to the gym at noon today (about 1 1/2 hours from the time of this post) to do the treadmill, too. Do you normally have a hard time making yourself eat protein or are you aiming to increase it to help with weight loss? I forgot again, when do you go to Vegas?
Old 07-31-2011, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator

Morning, or afternoon, to everyone!

I was not exactly good yesterday . As predicted, I consumed half my body weight in steamed crabs, chased it with a thin slice of cake (white cake with homemade caramel icing), and later snagged two mini donuts and quite a few hard candies throughout the evening. We had game night and the candies actually prevented me from all the snacks that it entailed, so there is an up side. Also, I didn't completely go off the rails and stuff myself as I have in days past, so I still say it was a win. Hubby and I took a long jog in the neighborhood this morning before it got beastly hot.

Sadly, Doritos have joined the mix of snacks here and I just finished the pie crust, pastry cream, and glaze for the strawberry pie. Moderation, I keep telling myself.

Mike, sounds like a great day fishing; hope the back is better soon. Does getting old suck, or what ?

Lizzie, love seeing you on that treadmill again! Get some burned calories in the bank so you can really enjoy your vacay!

Mern, Mary, I really appreciate the "mom like" comments you all bring here. It's always great to have that perspective. I know as an adult, it does me so much good when my own mom takes steps to be healthier (she doesn't do much with the food, but she does address her medical issues and this week marks two years since she quit smoking); I'm sure it's great for your kids to see you getting healthier as well.

Cassie, glad to see you! I'm looking forward to reading your posts. One of the journeys we go through here is learning to love ourselves; sounds like you have a good, supportive husband and there is a lot of support here as well. One day at a time!

(Actually, Mern, I'm not really a Cassie from Cassandra...it's just one of those nicknames that stuck when younger relatives couldn't pronouce my name. Funny how those follow us!).

Joanna, good luck with your open house; I hope that the chores got done with a minimum of teeth-gnashing and that the open house goes well!
Old 07-31-2011, 05:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hiya everyone! How have you been? I need to stop disappearing, but life has been insane. Didn't get the one job that I really wanted since HQ told them they couldn't hire anyone b/c of an issue they were having. I got two more interviews lined up, one I am hoping I can make into a second job (Baby R Us). Applying to another place that's right across the parking lot from the Baby R Us.

Also been busy cleaning bedrooms and moving stuff around. We bought a queen size bed, so we have to clean both rooms and move the art desk into mine. I emptied out 4 boxes, moved the dresser by myself, folded blankets, cleaned out a closet, and much more x_x... and then once he wakes up, we will be moving stuff out of his room, clean off his desk and hopefully be able to move it today.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:01 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie and Mern - thanks for the well-wishes on the open house. Haven't heard back from my realtor yet, but at least I know the place was clean and the yard in shape!
Old 07-31-2011, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, a swivel is a metal loop that was on a metal leader (line). So it was big enough to bend the metal loop open.

Cassie, it does suck being old. I think I may skip the gym today and take it easy.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:33 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, congrats on the good job you did on game night. That was a hard situation and you stayed very well in control. Yep, moderation is the key word. Also congrats on this morning's jog. I go by my nickname here, too, and for the same reason as yours--a younger family member couldn't pronounce my name so Mern is what stuck for the past 45 years. It amuses me that my and Mary's comments come across as "mom like", but it's sweet to hear that. Kudos to your Mom for addressing her medical issues and for quitting smoking. As an ex-smoker, I know how hard that is. Well, I've dished up my evening snack for later tonight: an ounce of almonds and 2 Hershey Special Dark miniatures that I cut into 6 pieces each. Even though I know how much it is, it really DOES look like more in the appetizer plate I used. We have an eat-in kitchen, so eating in there does not save me from temptation. But I won't exceed my ration of snack eating it upstairs in the TV room.

ChibiSub, welcome back. Aw, best wishes on the job hunting. I hope you find something wonderfully satisfying. Wow, sounds like you're getting a lot of exercise cleaning and reorganizing rooms and moving all that furniture!

Lizzie, I got in a 30 minute walk, too. Tomorrow I will do my Walk Away the Pounds for Abs DVD (aerobic walking, marching, stepping in place, and upper body and abs strength training) in my living room because I'll have my grandkids and DH is going golfing. I have to exercise morning or afternoon because otherwise I don't do it at all.

Last edited by Mern; 07-31-2011 at 10:38 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.