Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/18 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/18

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/18

Old 07-20-2011, 03:47 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, ladies! You're all the best. I just got done sending the owner an email thanking her for her generosity and hospitality and I got all teary again.... UGHHHHHHH!!!!!! Have to cut this silliness out! Enough already! Get a grip!!!

Believe it or not, the hardest part of the house to visit was the DINING ROOM! See how important food is to emotions? Every holiday dinner, graduation, birthday, etc. was there. We had a dining room table that would seat 12 and usually there was a card table for overflow. Everyone had, kind of, an "assigned" seat. The new owners had a very similar table. As I looked at that table, I realized that there are now only three of us left and one of the three isn't doing well.

Food, family, dining, eating, emotions... all so tightly interrelated! Ever eat a food and it reminds you of someone? It's totally insane. And I agree... there's something VERY powerful about a house... crazy powerful. I was actually uncomfortable with the power that it had over me.

It makes me wonder if my kids will feel this way about our house as it's the only one they've ever known and built specifically for our family.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

I have that with certain foods and even more with certain smells. Home made Chocolate Chip cookies and butter tarts relate to my mother to myself and all my children. We can't have a family reunion without them -- and deviled eggs! For years after my mother passed away we would always turn right as we walked into the house to see if she was in the kitchen -- where we were used to finding her. Mary
Old 07-20-2011, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report

Log everything, even if I have to guess YES YES
Calorie limit 1600 1564, 1588
Calorie deficit 900 per day 938, 1019
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 27.3, 30.8
Sat fat limit 12% of total calories 10%, 14%
Dietary cholesterol limit 300mg 204, 329
Track grams of protein 108 or 30%, 120 or 33%

Fish oil and vitamin D YES Forgot fish oil
Five servings veggies/fruits 4, 3

Artificial sweetener limit 2 packets per day YES YES
Sugar free candy limit 2 pieces per day 2, 3

Water 64 oz. YES YES
Exercise 5 days YES YES

Last edited by Mern; 07-20-2011 at 04:08 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, food does seem to tie so many things together.

I guess this is a good week for me to not have goals and I know this has been a place for me to vent. I am having a bad day! No crime scene or anything just a bad day. I originally thought I wasn't stressed, oh how I was wrong. It all came to a head today and I exploded. Today's victim was my work laptop. It took a nasty fall and the harddrive in it is now shot. Long story... Well probably long (which will suck bc i'm on my phone) My brother and I share an office. He recently left for a 10 day vacation with his family and he has me taking care of his pets and all his clients while gone. Well for the past year and a half we've had Internet issues, on top of the my laptop always gives me he'll. No lie, it locks up quite often, is insanely slow and just sucks. I spent several hours a week on the phone with our tech support. So now I have all these issues, his phone ringing, my phone ringing and right when I'm trying to help one of his clients my computer locks up. I get of the phone and steam if spewing from my ears. I've had it! I'm done! I get up and sling my desk chair to realize that my power cord was wrapped around my chair and my laptop went flying. So now it'll be 3-5 business days before I get another and much of my information may be lost, one which was an excel spread sheet that I've been working on for 4 years, with notes to 15000 phone conversations (my lifeline for my business)!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:34 AM
FitDay Member

I hope tech support can recover it. They can do some great things. Mary
Old 07-20-2011, 07:35 AM
FitDay Member

So far so good, calorie goals met, positive attitude coming back, co-workers still horrible but I'm not letting them get to me.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6

I guess this is a good week for me to not have goals and I know this has been a place for me to vent. I am having a bad day! No crime scene or anything just a bad day. I originally thought I wasn't stressed, oh how I was wrong. It all came to a head today and I exploded. Today's victim was my work laptop. It took a nasty fall and the harddrive in it is now shot. Long story... Well probably long (which will suck bc i'm on my phone) My brother and I share an office. He recently left for a 10 day vacation with his family and he has me taking care of his pets and all his clients while gone. Well for the past year and a half we've had Internet issues, on top of the my laptop always gives me he'll. No lie, it locks up quite often, is insanely slow and just sucks. I spent several hours a week on the phone with our tech support. So now I have all these issues, his phone ringing, my phone ringing and right when I'm trying to help one of his clients my computer locks up. I get of the phone and steam if spewing from my ears. I've had it! I'm done! I get up and sling my desk chair to realize that my power cord was wrapped around my chair and my laptop went flying. So now it'll be 3-5 business days before I get another and much of my information may be lost, one which was an excel spread sheet that I've been working on for 4 years, with notes to 15000 phone conversations (my lifeline for my business)!
I'm so sorry, Mike.

We need to stop copying each other's issues.

Can you channel your frustration into a good workout?

I hope things get better soon.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6

Mike,

May I be the first to offer you Terri's "No Button"?

Instant No Button! Star Wars funnies FTW!

Seriously, I'm really sorry your having such a horrible day... Sounds like too much work, too many things to do and too little time to do them.

There's a book called, "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day". Your description sounded like the adult version. By the way, we must have the same laptop... mine sucks, too. I'm surprised that there's not more violent crime associated with crappy laptops... lol.

Hope you find some peace later in the day!

Last edited by quinnesec; 07-20-2011 at 08:17 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

My orthopedist says I have shoulder impingement syndrome, which appears to be a combination of bursitis and rotator cuff tendonitis. I got a cortisone shot and some rehab exercises to do.

He didn't say don't play tennis, and he didn't say don't lift weights.

He probably forgot, but as you all know, we hear what we want to and don't hear what we don't. I really need to be dedicated to my workouts this week, but I don't want to mess anything up even more. Time for some creativity!
Old 07-20-2011, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
There's a book called, "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day".
lol, Terri was in Australia a couple weeks ago!

I agree, there does need to be an adult version.

Well, a grownup version, at any rate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.