FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Whip Cracking Motivational Thread Starting 6/27/11 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/4572-whip-cracking-motivational-thread-starting-6-27-11-a.html)

almeeker 06-27-2011 12:37 AM

Whip Cracking Motivational Thread Starting 6/27/11

I fell off the wagon last week, so I'm cracking the whip and climbing back on now. Were taking a long weekend and going out of town, so at a minimum I need to behave myself for a couple of days just to keep from getting completely out of hand. So goals for this week are:

1. 1,500 calories M-Th, a little more FSS (weekend trip).
2. Exercise 4 hours.
3. 96 oz of water daily
4. Calorie deficit of 3,000 for the week
5. Weigh myself and record it daily.
6. Take measurements

Other stuff:

1. Get garden and flower beds weeded, Preened and fertilized.
2. Help kids get 4-H projects done.
3. Work on church project 2 hours min.
4. Housework
Monday, bathrooms, living room, laundry
Tuesday, bedrooms, laundry
Wednesday, kitchen, dining room, den, laundry

Well gotta go the weeds are calling my name.

canary52 06-27-2011 01:46 AM

Thank you Amy! I need to someone to crack a whip!!!

Fitness
1) 1600 calories maximum (maybe more realistic)
2) walk or gym 4x this week
3) 64 oz water minimum
4) stretch
5) cut sugar
6) reduce carbs

Other
1) write 1 hour daily
2) meditate
3) don't fight with DD
4) find vet for other cats and bring em
5) make vacation plans
6) make plans to visit colleges
7) listen
8) fixed blocked ear (odd I know)

01gt4.6 06-27-2011 02:20 AM

Amy, I'm in! I definitely need the whip cracked on me, I've been MIA every week for the past month. I'll post my goals later (too much of a PITA now b/c I'm on my phone). Mainly wanted to sticky this...

cjohnson728 06-27-2011 03:40 AM

Yep, I need to get back on the Monday morning train. Had good news on my body fat analysis Saturday AM and apparently took that to mean that I could eat anything and everything Saturday night. We went to a churrascaria; the worst offenders were the mashed potatoes and the fried bananas, but really, I snacked all day, and way too much, so I'm putting the brakes on before I lose any more ground.

1. Balance calories in & out.
2. Exercise 6 times.
3. Drink 64 oz. of water or more.
4. Sleep at least 7 hours a night.

5. Don't buy new clothes, no matter how good the sales!
6. Work a little on organizing photos for scrapbooks every day.
7. Make final decision on bathing suit before Saturday; return others.
8. Gotta do it...smile more, bitch less!

Hope you all have an awesome week!!

mtlgirl 06-27-2011 03:44 AM

Hi Everyone!

I sure need a good whip cracking too! I spent 3 weeks in New York City eating, shopping, eating and doing lots of stuff like going to museums, art galleries, shows and eating lots, but no exercise! As a result my clothes are feeling more snug. I still haven't got the hang of traveling! And I do so much of it, so this is a bit of a problem!

This past week however I have been good about exercising. I did 4 hours of it and I am ready for another week of fitness and healthy eating.

GOALS:

1. Eat between 1100-1400 calories per day
2. Exercise 4 hours
3. Drink 10-12 glasses of water
4. Take my multi-vitamin
5. Eat over 30% protein
6. NO SUGAR!

That's it for now. I may add some non-diet related goals later...

Hope everyone is well. I have missed you all and have peeked in every few days.

To HOPE: I am so so sorry about your kitty. She sounds like she was a real joy to have around and I know you must miss her. The fact that you came back to the forum shows me how strong a person you are. I admire you for that! Sending a big virtual hug to you... xo

01gt4.6 06-27-2011 04:41 AM

1) avg 65g carbs for the week
2) 3000 calories deficient for the week
3) gallon of water per day
4) workout 3 times

canary52 06-27-2011 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by mtlgirl (Post 49397)
To HOPE: I am so so sorry about your kitty. She sounds like she was a real joy to have around and I know you must miss her. The fact that you came back to the forum shows me how strong a person you are. I admire you for that! Sending a big virtual hug to you... xo

Thank you, Rose. She was such a little sweetie. Baby Phoebe. DH and I still can't get over it. But we are trying. Our friends have been great but it's been hard to talk about it and impossible for my husband. This Fitday community has been such great support to me in so many ways. Having people like you here is such a blesssing.

taubele 06-27-2011 06:54 AM

Hi everyone!

I'm back from my trip to visit my family - it was fun but also stressful as there was some family drama (or the meltdown/fighting type) --- not me, but between my father and an aunt, and OY! Glad to be back to reality today.

I had weighed before I went home (on Thursday) and the scale said 176 (a small uptick from Monday, actually) and I weighed this morning (I was feeling brave!) and it said 176.6 -- so that's not too bad at all considering that I was traveling and ate all but one meal out!

Back on the wagon today! I'll catch up with everyone properly later, and I will totally post a picture of my cute pink dress once I get them uploaded (or my sister uploads a better one, haha!)

Weekly Goals

Food, Exercise, Lifestyle Goals
1) Achieve a 3,500 calorie deficit by food alone
2) Achieve a total 7,500 calorie deficit by a combination of food and exercise
3) 30 Day Shred six days of the week
4) Two days of "extra cardio" exercise
5) At least 96 oz. of water daily
6) Do not weigh until Friday
7) Achieve a roughly 50/30/20 (C/P/F) ratio for the week (I'm flexible on this - really I want the protein to be at 30!)

Other Life Goals
1) Get my head back in research!!
2) Make an effort on my appearance every day
3) Clean something every day
4) Work on my sewing at least 5 hours this week

almeeker 06-27-2011 12:53 PM

Monday Check-In

1. 1,500 calories M-Th, a little more FSS (weekend trip). 1,454
2. Exercise 4 hours. 45 min (total 0:45)
3. 96 oz of water daily. Y
4. Calorie deficit of 3,000 for the week. -1,162 (weekly total -1,162)
5. Weigh myself and record it daily. Y
6. Take measurements. N

Other stuff:

1. Get garden and flower beds weeded, Preened and fertilized. Garden is nearly weeded & fertilized!
2. Help kids get 4-H projects done. A little
3. Work on church project 2 hours min. N
4. Housework

Did really well out at the garden today. Mom and I pulled weeds from all but 3 rows, which we should be able to finish up on Wednesday. Then the girls stayed with grandma and went horseback riding while I raced home and gave sewing lessons to my boys. Well they aren't my boys, they are my sewing students, they are both making wizard cloaks for the 4-H fair (and for Halloween). Then I went to the gym while the girls were at swimming practice. So now I'm beat, feeling every bit of the whip cracking at me. I did well with calories today, for a change. Mom even had stuff to make salad, how crazy is that? And then a friend of mine gave me a giant bag of salad for dinner.

I'm glad everybody is back on track, it feels good to be back in control after the last couple of days of eating whenever and whatever. I actually woke up this morning feeling bloated and horrible and thought "No more, I don't have to feel this way, with a little effort and self control I can feel much better than this".

terri, glad to hear that your trip was not a spiral dive off the diet train. Looking forward to the pink dress pic.

Mike thanks for the sticky.

Cassie, just how many bathing suits do you have to choose from?

jjeand, whip cracking over you right now, crack crack crack, get back on that train!!!

Canary, so sorry about the fur baby, hugs. And I totally agree that the fitday forum is a blessing.

Hey mtlgirl, you just left the city and I'm headed there this weekend!

Kumochi 06-27-2011 01:39 PM

I'm back for another week. Was away for the weekend however I think I maintained. Will know better by tomorrows weight. Goals this week same as last.

Eat less than 1600 calories daily, 1350
Get lots of exercise - burn 2500, today 2650
Start my new Y training tomorrow; I signed up for 5 hours - forgot to tell him I'm a wimp so will see how tomorrow goes. I do like some of his suggestions for building core strength. It really helps to have a double reason for training.
Get a new haircut
Mary

01gt4.6 06-27-2011 03:28 PM

1) avg 65g carbs for the week: 28.3
2) 3000 calories deficient for the week: -770
3) gallon of water per day: yes
4) workout 3 times: no

cjohnson728 06-27-2011 04:26 PM

Check In:

1. Balance calories in & out. Yes
2. Exercise 6 times. Ran today
3. Drink 64 oz. of water or more. Yes
4. Sleep at least 7 hours a night. 6.5

5. Don't buy new clothes, no matter how good the sales! Yes
6. Work a little on organizing photos for scrapbooks every day. Yes
7. Make final decision on bathing suit before Saturday; return others. Started
8. Gotta do it...smile more, bitch less! Yes-EVEN at the cell phone store, which took Herculean effort

Almeeker, as of now I have six pieces of bathing suits. I ordered tops and bottoms separately so I can go through the permutations; last week I returned/exchanged a few. I'm eventually only keeping one top and one bottom, but with free shipping, I figured why not look at all my options?

The thing is, it's made the whole process way more complicated than it needs to be.

Hope y'all had a great day!

mtlgirl 06-27-2011 11:01 PM

Report card for Monday

Hi Everyone!

I had a great start to the week. I went for an awesome early morning walk/run. The weather was perfect and I felt really great afterwards but it was tough to get through for some reason. Maybe because I ran on Sunday as well and I usually skip a day to avoid any injuries.

GOALS:

1. Eat between 1100-1400 calories per day: YES 1214
2. Exercise 4 hours: YES 40 min
3. Drink 10-12 glasses of water: DONE!
4. Take my multi-vitamin: YES
5. Eat over 30% protein: YES 34%
6. NO SUGAR! YES

Other goals:

1. Hem curtains: 1 panel done
2. Water flowers: YES
3. Deposit check:
4. make pear salsa:

HOPE: So nice to hear that you are getting the support you need. I know how much we grow to love our pets. They are family and Phoebe was one of the lucky ones because she had a lot of love in her life.

AMY: Have a blast in New York City! If you go to the Met to see the Alexander McQueen exhibit, (which is amazing) be sure to visit the museum's rooftop terrace. There are spectacular views of the skyline from up there and if you are there at sunset, the photo opportunities are incredible. (If ever you need any tips on where to go out to eat or shop etc, let me know!)

CASSIE: Hope you are enjoying your at-home bikini shopping! Let us know which one makes the cut.

EVERYONE: Have a fabulous day!

aspikes 06-28-2011 01:34 AM

Good morning, I hope to have a more "normal" week this week, so maybe that will help with the goals. On a positive note, I'm on day 18 of "no nail biting", I hope I have finally kicked that nasty habit!! Sad tho, my nails are just barely out of the quick....that's how short I had bitten them...ugh

Fitness goals:
>1300 cals/day Y,N
1 gal water/day Y,N
eat clean/low carb lunches Y,N
workout 3 times N,N

Lifestyle goals:
get blinds upstairs N,N
1 load laundry/day Y,Y
Do weekly menu book N,N
Trust more, nag/complain/question less N,Y
1 room cleaned/day - Mon-den N
Tues-DS room N
Wed- DD room
Thurs-my room
Sat/Sun-mop kitchen and dining room

Don't get me wrong, I make kids clean thier own rooms, however, they are going to bible school every evening this week, so I'm going to clean out some broken toys and junk while they are out of the house!!

Have a great week, fitdayers!

almeeker 06-28-2011 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by aspikes (Post 49477)
Don't get me wrong, I make kids clean thier own rooms, however, they are going to bible school every evening this week, so I'm going to clean out some broken toys and junk while they are out of the house!!

Have a great week, fitdayers!

Amen to that. I make the kids clean their rooms too, but there is a BIG difference between "Kid Clean" and "Mom Clean". I actually use a trash bag and throw some stuff out, the kids just pack rat the junk into every nook and cranny.

canary52 06-28-2011 09:26 AM

Fitness
1) 1600 calories maximum (maybe more realistic): 1180
2) walk or gym 4x this week- Yes at 10pm no less3) 64 oz water minimum-72
4) stretch-yuuuuuuuup
5) cut sugar-yes
6) reduce carbs-yes
Other
1) write 1 hour daily- yes
2) meditate-yes
3) don't fight with DD- NO
4) find vet for other cats and bring em- researching
5) make vacation plans- trying
6) make plans to visit colleges-No
7) listen-No
8) fix blocked ear (odd I know) yes

OK so I blew the no fight with DD almost as soon as I wrote it. And you know why? Cause I have a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggg mouth!!!!! (said in my best Ralph Cramden.) I did not intend on fighting with her. But she took my suggestion that she put in an online application for a place looking for people to work as a personal affront. IDK she says she wants a job but then friends call and... where'd she go? And where's my friggin' car? This is such unusual behavior for a teenager! My DH said he would talk to her about job hunting, why didn't I listen? Another goal gone out the window.

But I took a walk at 10pm when I was EXHAUSTED so that's good.

almeeker 06-28-2011 12:08 PM

Tuesday Check-In

1. 1,500 calories M-Th, a little more FSS (weekend trip). 1,454, 2,574 DD's birthday, I planned for the cake and ice cream, what I did not plan for was the double chocolate muffins she requested for breakfast. This after I'd just done 75 minutes on the elliptical. I ate FOUR!!!
2. Exercise 4 hours. 45 min, 1:15 (total 2:00)
3. 96 oz of water daily. Y, Y
4. Calorie deficit of 3,000 for the week. -1,162, -614 (weekly total -1,776)
5. Weigh myself and record it daily. Y, Y
6. Take measurements. N, N

Other stuff:

1. Get garden and flower beds weeded, Preened and fertilized. Garden is nearly weeded & fertilized!, NO
2. Help kids get 4-H projects done. a little, a little
3. Work on church project 2 hours min. N, N
4. Housework

Today was the youngest DD's 5th birthday, so most of the day was all about her. She got up this morning and requested double chocolate muffins, this as I climbed off a 75 min jaunt on the elliptical. I was starving and this turned out to be a very bad combination of events. The recipe said it made 12, only that must have been the large size, because I ended up with 20 in my regular sized muffin pans. Boy were they yummy, after I'd eaten 4, I put the ingredients through a recipe calculator and found out they were 205 calories each :eek:! I was thinking they were closer to 100 calories. I also had cake and ice cream at the birthday party, and a few chips later in the day. So not a great day calorie-wise, but not a complete spiral down in to the diet gutter either.

Now I'm exhausted, completely and totally rung out. Nighty night.

canary52 06-28-2011 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by mtlgirl (Post 49467)
HOPE: So nice to hear that you are getting the support you need. I know how much we grow to love our pets. They are family and Phoebe was one of the lucky ones because she had a lot of love in her life.

AMY: Have a blast in New York City! If you go to the Met to see the Alexander McQueen exhibit, (which is amazing) be sure to visit the museum's rooftop terrace. There are spectacular views of the skyline from up there and if you are there at sunset, the photo opportunities are incredible. (If ever you need any tips on where to go out to eat or shop etc, let me know!)

[

Thank you, Rose. She was a well loved cat and very happy. She did not have a long life but she had a good one.

I live in NY and yet I'm gonna take tips from you. I wonder if it is hard to get the Alexander McQueen tix. And I'm always looking for good places to eat.

Ever try Josies not far from the Beacon Theatre? Fabulous healthy food.

mtlgirl 06-28-2011 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 49534)
Thank you, Rose. She was a well loved cat and very happy. She did not have a long life but she had a good one.

I live in NY and yet I'm gonna take tips from you. I wonder if it is hard to get the Alexander McQueen tix. And I'm always looking for good places to eat.

Ever try Josies not far from the Beacon Theatre? Fabulous healthy food.

I've never tried Josie's! I will next time I'm there. My favorite restaurant in all of NYC is La Esquina, on Kenmare in SoHo. It's delicious and unique Mexican food, not your usual burritos and tacos. You have to call to reserve because the dining room is hidden beneath a diner and you have to go through the kitchen to get to it. It's awesome! We just don't have that quality of Mexican food here in Montreal. I also love Mexican Radio which is also in SoHo. There are so many amazing restaurants in New York, and frozen yogurt parlors. My personal fave is 16 Handles on 2nd Ave in the East Village. Damn, the yogurt is so good!

As for Alexander McQueen, you don't have to get special tix, just pay the entrance fee to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. After you get into the museum you may have to wait in a second line to the exhibit. It's been on for a while now though so I am assuming the lines won't be crazy anymore.

You're so lucky to live in NYC, Hope! ;)

canary52 06-28-2011 01:11 PM

Thanks for the tips, Rose! I don't live in the city and I don't go often enough. But the restaurants you mention and a museum day sound like good reasons to make the trip!!!

01gt4.6 06-28-2011 03:27 PM

checking in with my number... oh and I have my epidural scheduled for the 12th

1) avg 65g carbs for the week: 28.3, 47.9
2) 3000 calories deficient for the week: -770, -114
3) gallon of water per day: yes, yes
4) workout 3 times: no, yes

mtlgirl 06-28-2011 11:06 PM

Report card for Tuesday

Good morning Everyone!

I had a super intense work day yesterday. I am trying to meet a deadline for Thursday and literally sat glued to my computer for over 10 hours. I barely broke for lunch, eating at my desk, and by the end of the day my butt was killing me and my hands were numb. Luckily this is a 4 day work week here in Canada because of our national holiday on Friday.

I am gearing up to go for an early morning run now despite being exhausted. Wish me luck!

GOALS:

1. Eat between 1100-1400 calories per day: YES 1214 YES 1337
2. Exercise 4 hours: YES 40 min
3. Drink 10-12 glasses of water: DONE! DONE!
4. Take my multi-vitamin: YES YES
5. Eat over 30% protein: YES 34% YES 38%
6. NO SUGAR! YES YES

Other goals:

2. Water flowers: YES
3. Deposit check:
4. make pear salsa:

Have a great Wednesday, Everyone! :)

almeeker 06-28-2011 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by mtlgirl (Post 49535)
I've never tried Josie's! I will next time I'm there. My favorite restaurant in all of NYC is La Esquina, on Kenmare in SoHo. It's delicious and unique Mexican food, not your usual burritos and tacos. You have to call to reserve because the dining room is hidden beneath a diner and you have to go through the kitchen to get to it. It's awesome! We just don't have that quality of Mexican food here in Montreal. I also love Mexican Radio which is also in SoHo. There are so many amazing restaurants in New York, and frozen yogurt parlors. My personal fave is 16 Handles on 2nd Ave in the East Village. Damn, the yogurt is so good!

As for Alexander McQueen, you don't have to get special tix, just pay the entrance fee to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. After you get into the museum you may have to wait in a second line to the exhibit. It's been on for a while now though so I am assuming the lines won't be crazy anymore.

You're so lucky to live in NYC, Hope! ;)

We're going to the Met, and probably the MOMA or the Gugg too. Personally I would go to all 3, but the kiddos and I do not have the same love of art - yet. I'm working on them. We're absolutely going to the planetarium, the kids will love that. We're also taking them to the Statue of Liberty and to Ground Zero. We told them last night that we're going on a trip and who could guess where. The youngest pipes up with "NEW YORK CITY!" And DH and I were like, "How did you know that?" We've been pretty secretive about the destination. Anyway she gives us this incredulous look and says, "I always wanted to go there, so I knew you were gonna take me there for my birthday." Ah the logic of a 5 year old. I can't believe she's getting so big.

My parents went to NYC a couple of years ago and said that there is an ice cream parlor in China Town that is not to be missed, like 100 flavors of ice cream. I think I've been to 16 handles, but that was a long time ago. In college I dated a guy from Manhattan.

cjohnson728 06-29-2011 12:45 AM

Well, I not only need the whip cracked, I need to be flogged with it. Yesterday fell under the "I should have known better" category and I am sure I will pay for it; as a matter of fact, I already am. It's DH's late week at work, so dinner is at 9, and I let myself get way too hungry, always my major downfall, because then the snacking orgy starts and does not stop. So, here's hoping it's out of my system now and I'll have a wonderfully healthy and productive day.

1. Balance calories in & out. Yes, Epic fail
2. Exercise 6 times. Ran today, None
3. Drink 64 oz. of water or more. Yes, Nope
4. Sleep at least 7 hours a night. 6.5, 6.5

5. Don't buy new clothes, no matter how good the sales! Yes, Yes
6. Work a little on organizing photos for scrapbooks every day. Yes, Yes
7. Make final decision on bathing suit before Saturday; return others. Started
8. Gotta do it...smile more, bitch less! Yes-EVEN at the cell phone store, which took Herculean effort, I only bitched when necessary ;)

Ginger1717 06-29-2011 01:25 AM

First time participating in the Motivational Thread....

I'm 50 and struggling....

Stats:
131 lbs @ 5'2"
Starting wgt=131
Goal wgt=117

Goals:
  • Exercise daily (30 min)
  • Tennis 3 days (90 min/per day)
  • Drink 48 oz of water daily (minimum)
Going out of town this weekend goals:
  • Consume NO fried foods
  • Consume ONLY ONE glass of wine per day
  • Consume vegetables at every meal (or breakfast fruit)
  • Consume NO restaurant prepared potatoes

Let's see if posting this helps!

aspikes 06-29-2011 01:29 AM

Welcome Ginger!

Posting here helps me a lot, just knowing I have to update my post helps me make better choices.

Good luck!!!

cjohnson728 06-29-2011 01:43 AM

Hi Ginger, welcome to the thread. Your stats are really similar to mine; I'm the same height, started at 130, and my goal was 115. And I'm a tennis player, too :).

Good luck with your goals. I will say that this time, using FitDay, I was able to achieve mine and although I slip up big time occasionally (ahem, yesterday), I've been able to maintain. If I can do it, anyone can, so I have faith in you! Looking forward to seeing you post more.

01gt4.6 06-29-2011 02:51 AM

Welcome aboard Ginger.

Cassie you sound like a teen talking about an epic fail.

canary52 06-29-2011 05:49 AM

Fitness
1) 1600 calories maximum (maybe more realistic): 1180, 1480
2) walk or gym 4x this week- Yes at 10pm no less, no
]3) 64 oz water minimum"] 72, 64
4) stretch"] yuuuuuuuup, no
5) cut sugar: yes, yes
6) reduce carbs-yes, yes
Other
1) write 1 hour daily- yes, had writing workshop
2) meditate-yes, no
3) don't fight with DD- NO, Yes got along great
4) find vet for other cats and bring em-researching, made appointment
5) make vacation plans- trying, trying
6) make plans to visit colleges-No, NO
7) listen-No, NO
8) fix blocked ear (odd I know)yes

Rose, you've been doing awesome! And 10 hours of work, I envy your focus!!!

Mike I am curious to hear about your epidural in July. I know it's a bit of a ways off but hope it goes well. I expect we will hear details, yes?

Cassie, don't be so hard on yourself, honey. I like how Mike said you sound like a teenager with "epic fail," one of my DD's favorite phrases BTW.

Speaking of DD, she's back together with the BF. Yeah I know. Big hickey on her neck. YEAH I KNOW. And yes we talked about all the things we should talk about. I am trying to remain "cautiously optimistic."

DH, who did not see hickey, says he owes US and has to cook US a big meal. IDK about that but he did make a nice steak. Of course, since DH doesn't eat red meat, that does him no good. Wish us luck! He's going off to college soon; so are a lot of her friends and her BFF's boyfriend, which will leave her BFF a wreck and when she's a wreck, my DD follows. Did you get all that? As Bette Davis once said "Fasten your seatbelts. It's gonna be a bumpy ride." Give me strength. Hide the chocolate. I already hit my desk drawer stash.

taubele 06-29-2011 05:52 AM

Man, getting back from vacation sucks. I've had my head in scramble mode ever since I got back - interview requests for the book are exploding, I'm starting a pilot experiment, my boss wants to go over my research proposal, and I'm working on the last stages of editing book #2. The days are FLYING BY HECTIC, and yesterday I had a 13-hour day in the lab, so my eating suffered a little, and I was way too exhausted when I got home to work out (and also had a big bowl of pasta for dinner!). Sorry for not checking in yesterday - I'll do a double-duty on my report today!

I'm still working on pink-dress pictures. My camera appears to have forgotten how to flash so most of my pics were really dark. My family got some great ones, but convincing them to e-mail them to me might take a few days.

Monday and Tuesday Report Card

Food, Exercise, Lifestyle Goals
1) Achieve a 3,500 calorie deficit by food alone M: -744 T: -429 (Week Total = -1173)
2) Achieve a total 7,500 calorie deficit by a combination of food and exercise M: - 972 T: -429 (Week Total = -1451)
3) 30 Day Shred six days of the week M: yes T: Day off
4) Two days of "extra cardio" exercise M: No T: No
5) At least 96 oz. of water daily M: yes T: I think so
6) Do not weigh until Friday M: yes T: yes
7) Achieve between a 40/30/30 and 50/30/20 (C/P/F) ratio for the week (I'm flexible on this - really I want the protein to be at 30!) M: 37/28/35 T: 48/20/32 (Week Pie Chart: 42.5/24/33.5)

Other Life Goals
1) Get my head back in research!! M: Yes T: Big yes
2) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: yes T: yes
3) Clean something every day M: yes (kitchen) T: No
4) Work on my sewing at least 5 hours this week M: No T: No

Hope: I didn't see that your cat passed on! My sympathies, sending you a big hug!

almeeker: I bet your garden looks fantastic! Great job on your goals! I'm lol-ing at Kid Clean. I remember those days fondly. Ahhh, if only it worked for real life...

Rose: Your goals look awesome! I'm loving reading about NYC. I'm happy not to live in NY anymore for a lot of reasons, but having that amazing city close was one thing I miss. And all the GOOD FOOD! This is food porn!

Ginger: Welcome. We're all here for you - the accountability of this thread really does help.

Mike: Epidural! :-o Good luck!!!

Cassie:
EPIC FAILZ! Pft. One day is not epic, but I love the expression! You'll get right back on track :)

aspikes 06-29-2011 06:49 AM

Oh Lordy Hope, I'm sorry bout your DD drama! I'm holding my breath, I know I'm in for it any day with DD16, its been calm for tooooo long!!

Thinking of you girl, eat healthy, gonna need energy to stay on top of everything!

cjohnson728 06-29-2011 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 49577)
Welcome aboard Ginger.

Cassie you sound like a teen talking about an epic fail.

Yep, we're well-versed in teen speak at our house! Generally I can do pretty well (and most of my clients are teens), but when my husband tries it's usually...an epic fail.

Terri, glad to have you back; glad you had a good time and anxiously awaiting pics!

Hope, thanks, and hang in...bumpy ride sounds about right. Use us to vent if you need to!

mtlgirl 06-29-2011 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 49563)
We're going to the Met, and probably the MOMA or the Gugg too. Personally I would go to all 3, but the kiddos and I do not have the same love of art - yet. I'm working on them. We're absolutely going to the planetarium, the kids will love that. We're also taking them to the Statue of Liberty and to Ground Zero. We told them last night that we're going on a trip and who could guess where. The youngest pipes up with "NEW YORK CITY!" And DH and I were like, "How did you know that?" We've been pretty secretive about the destination. Anyway she gives us this incredulous look and says, "I always wanted to go there, so I knew you were gonna take me there for my birthday." Ah the logic of a 5 year old. I can't believe she's getting so big.

My parents went to NYC a couple of years ago and said that there is an ice cream parlor in China Town that is not to be missed, like 100 flavors of ice cream. I think I've been to 16 handles, but that was a long time ago. In college I dated a guy from Manhattan.

How fantastic! This is going to be a family trip to remember! If you have to choose between the MOMA and the Guggenheim, the MOMA is definitely more kid friendly. The permanent collection is spectacular and the outdoor space too. Also there's a good restaurant at the MOMA. The Guggenheim is amazing too don't get me wrong. Architecturally, it is my favorite building in all of Manhattan. That soaring spiral is so majestic and harmonious. Sigh. I miss it now!

Kumochi 06-29-2011 01:53 PM

Had a good day, staying on track even while making chocolate dipped strawberries. I'm taking fruit trays in to work tomorrow and to beach on Friday. Went for bike ride tonight, becoming more adventurous looking for longer route. Brakes are working much better - I rode down a hill I'd been avoiding - no problem. I'll try the one with the water at the bottom next. Mary

canary52 06-29-2011 02:47 PM

Rose you sound like a former NYorker; I don't know, are you?

Mary if you can be good dipping strawberies then my hat's off to you! You sound like you're doing great.

Jjeand, what a sweet thing for DD to do tho that's just like when my neighbor showed up with an apple pie almost the moment I started low carb. I was like errrm uhhh thanks, even as I struggled not to inhale the whole thing.

Terri, thank you for your condolences. We're still in shock and wondering how it all happened.

I was so fartootst today between DD back with BF, life stress and working all day that I forgot to take my meds. I was out trying to buy a bbque grill with DH when all of a sudden a wave of fibro hit me like a tsunami. My back started hurting so bad I felt like I needed to lie down and my balance was so off I felt like I was gonna fall down. I started to get queasy and achy and headachy all at once. A fog started to drift over my brain so thick it was hard to speak. Then DH said did you take your pills and I hadn't - all day. So I took em now and let's hope they kick in soon. I've been in a mild flare for days, made diet and lifestyle adjustments, trying to avoid this: the big bad fibro monster. Thanks for letting me vent.

Hope you all are well.

quinnesec 06-29-2011 03:49 PM

Hey Everyone,

Life's starting to resemble some form of normalcy... perhaps a new normal? Not quite sure yet. We've had a few good days, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

My eating habits have slipped since the tension has eased up... (What???) Seems as though I'm "treating" myself with food for getting through a rough patch. But, enough is enough and I will get my clean eating habits back in order starting tomorrow. I'm feeling pretty guilty tonight for stuffing myself all day with every "bad" food imaginable. Did 6.5 hours of errands today trying to catch everything up for the two households in between appointments. Yes, drive-throughs were involved... ;) Had a "meet and greet" with the Scholarship Committee tonight, as well, for the Schooner trip which involved lots of desserts... I'm soooooo stuffed right now. Name the bad food and chances are good that it's in my stomach right now. lol

I've been laughing at all the talk of teenage daughters... my 17 y/o just texted me to say that she was loading up her car with a group of male German foreign exchange students and heading for a local lake.. Lord, give me strength... ;)

01gt4.6 06-29-2011 04:33 PM

I'm sorry ladies but I haven't had a chance to read up and comment on everyone. :(

I had to correct yesterday's numbers b/c I forgot to factor in my workout.

1) avg 65g carbs for the week: 28.3, 47.9, 37.6
2) 3000 calories deficient for the week: -770, -355, -764
3) gallon of water per day: yes, yes, yes
4) workout 3 times: no, yes, no

mtlgirl 06-29-2011 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 49622)
Rose you sound like a former NYorker; I don't know, are you?

Well I have had a long term love affair with the Big Apple. We had family there when I was a child and my mom says that after our first visit, when we left my aunt's house to drive back home, I cried most of the way... and I was only two at the time so it was love at first sight. Also, because of my work and a long-distance relationship, I have spent long periods of time there. I think I know New York better than my own city. I just love its history and the creative energy that buzzes through the streets. It is really changing though. It's not longer a city where poor artists with big dreams can go and try to "make it." It's so gentrified and expensive to live there that the whole of Manhattan is starting to look like the Upper East Side. I still have hope that it is restored to its former glory though.

mtlgirl 06-29-2011 11:35 PM

Good morning Everyone!

I had another intense day of work but got in an amazing - and I mean amazing - early morning run/walk. I was out for 45 minutes and had a real runner's high practically the whole time. I just love running! I can hardly believe it but I do! At lunch I power-walked home, walked my dog, power-walked back to work and then after work, I power-walked to the grocery store because I was out of Greek yogurt and blueberries - then walked home as fast as I could. I then grabbed my dog, and headed out to a friend's house, then walked back home. Whew! Last night in bed, my feet were throbbing a little but it felt good. Needless to say, I did a whole lot of walking!

GOALS:

1. Eat between 1100-1400 calories per day: YES 1214/ YES 1337/YES 1252
2. Exercise 4 hours: YES 40 min/ YES 45 min
3. Drink 10-12 glasses of water: DONE! DONE! DONE!
4. Take my multi-vitamin: YES YES YES
5. Eat over 30% protein: YES 34%/ YES 38%/ YES 44%
6. NO SUGAR! YES/ YES/ YES!

Other goals:

2. Water flowers: YES YES
3. Deposit check: YES
4. make pear salsa:

Terri - So glad to hear from you. I can totally relate to trying to get your head back into reality after a vacay. It usually takes me 5-7 days so you're doing great!

Hope - thank you! I am definitely having a good week and at work, I have been very focused. I am an editor and sometimes I get so lost in the story I am trying to tell, I realize I've been sitting for hours without a break. My butt was killing me at the end of the day! You sure do have your hands full raising a teenage daughter. I salute you! I am so sorry to hear about your Fibro flare up though. Take extra good care of yourself and vent all you need to. Sending hugs.

Quinn - welcome back! Glad to hear that things are stabilizing. :)

Cassie - I'm sure you've bounced back already from your "epic fail" lol.

Mary - good for you for being adventurous on your bike rides!

Have a great Thursday, Everyone! :)

canary52 06-29-2011 11:47 PM

Fitness
1) 1600 calories maximum (maybe more realistic): 1180, 1480,1298
2) walk or gym 4x this week- Yes at 10pm no less, no, no
]3) 64 oz water minimum"] 72, 64,36?
4) stretch"] yuuuuuuuup, no, tried to fibro prevented movement
5) cut sugar: yes, yes, yes
6) reduce carbs-yes, yes, no
Other
1) write 1 hour daily- yes, had writing workshop, wrote all day
2) meditate-yes, no, no
3) don't fight with DD- NO, Yes got along great, yes
4) find vet for other cats and bring em-researching, made appointment, left message for old vet for records
5) make vacation plans- trying, trying, TRYING
6) make plans to visit colleges-No, NO,NO
7) listen-No, NO, yes
8) fix blocked ear (odd I know)yes

Ginger1717 Welcome! Give it a chance and you will see how helpful this thread can be and how great and supportive the people are. Good luck with your goals!

Rose, I can hear your love of the city that never sleeps. I kind of feel that way about New Orleans. Thanks also for your compassion. I took my meds and a sleeping pill last night and I am a lot better today, not totally, but better. I admire your focus re work; I can get that way sometimes but it takes a while for me to get into that zone.

Quinn, I feel your pain re DD. LOL. Mine ran into the house with a present from the BF (a movie teeshirt in her favorite color) a sopping wet pair of underwear and a flimsy story, changed her clothes (put on said tee shirt), ran out to a party with BF, then later asked if she could sleep over her BFF's (also happens to be her BF's) house. The answer was no. When she wakes up I am thinking of having one of those lovely mellow "Lucy you have some `spailin" to do talks. But yours: a trip to a lake with bunch of foreign exchange students. Do you have a really good bottle of wine, some nice dark chocolate or something to get you through? Are you like me, a total neurotic worrywart, or like my DH, a trusting reasonably well adjusted person?