FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Determined in England (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/4464-determined-england.html)

njh50 06-08-2011 11:16 PM

Determined in England

Hello there. I have just completed my first week and have lost 3.5lbs! I live in England and am a stay at home mum/mom.

Have decided that it is now or never! Knees and ankles are playing up and even though I am keeping my Type II Diabeties under control I wasnt losing a significant amount of weight, just the odd pound here and there.

Have been using the food log and reading your postings and am feeling really positive and determined. THIS IS IT. I WILL DO IT THIS TIME.

Many thanks.

start: June 2, 2011 - 219lbs
current: June 9, 2011 - 215.5lbs
mini goal: July 23, 2011 - 205lbs - 50th birthday :(
goal: June 2, 2012 - 120lbs?? - size I was when I got married 20 years ago!

vabeachgirlNYC 06-09-2011 04:05 PM

Welcome to FitDay njh50!:)

You sound determined! You Can Do This!

Just Do It!:D

Kumochi 06-10-2011 12:30 AM

Congrats on taking that important first step. I hear the E coli warning on vegetables is cancelled. That should help. I found it impossible to eat well on my recent trip to Great Britain. Even at home I have to avoid eating out most the time to make any progress. Mary

wildbeanerz 06-10-2011 12:34 AM

Welcome to Fitday! Glad you found us! Sounds like you are ready to kick some butt!!! Good luck and congratulations on deciding to find a healthier you. :)

njh50 06-10-2011 01:22 AM

Thanks for the support everyone. Going on holiday to visit relatives in Spain on the 24th July, so really glad E-coli is now off the agenda! Would like to get down to 205 (or less!) by then so I can buy some new clothes. Even losing enough to just look and feel better in what I already have would be great. This time next year I want to be going shopping for a SWIMSUIT to take :D.

Meggietye 06-10-2011 03:35 AM

Njh50, welcome! I started here in Jan and lost 15 lbs (Jan/March) which made me feel really good about myself!! Sadly I got sick in April and I am just getting back on my feet now, but better late than never. You and I share the same weight, the same weight goals And the same birthday!! Haha and my husband is from England as well, the Cotswalds. I am happy to buddy with you if you need a pal to help with the day to day cheering and encouraging, I don't actually have much trouble with the food end of things but pushing to do my walking can be pain. I am in Manitoba, Canada and our summers are brutally hot typically so I have to do most of my workouts indoors to either beat the heat or the mosquitos!!

cheers,

Nancy P.S. I just noticed you are from Cheltenham..My husband attended the boys public school there and the first time he took me to England he took me there...Very impressive!!

njh50 06-10-2011 07:57 AM

Hi Meggietye,

Thanks a bit spooky! Fancy us having so much in common! It would be great to be "buddies" for moral support and encouragement. There is nothing like a milestone birthday to focus the mind, eh? I turn 50 this year - eek! Where have the years gone? I dont want to wake up 50 and fat. I want to be doing something positive. Also going on holiday on the 24th July is an incentive to do something about my weight.

I am very lucky to live where I do, I think it is a lovely town as I have lived here all my life, as has my mother, her mother, her mother and hers! The weather here was unusually hot in April but now we are getting some rain storms most days. Hope we arent going to get a repeat of 2007 - no mains water for a week.

Sorry to hear you have not been well, hope you are on the mend and feeling better.

Best wishes
Nita

Meggietye 06-10-2011 12:04 PM

hi Nita,

You sound very bouncy, as I am feeling. I did 42 min of aerobics today and some other exercise which would be the equivalent of gentle walking, for about 45 min. We had a good dinner of salmon/yogurt dill sauce with cucumber, broccoli simmered in chicken stock and fresh tomatoes...Yum!!

Nita, I find it curious that with all the rest of our similarities we both have names beginning with "N". My husband thinks this is spooky..especially when you live in Cheltenham and he was at Cheltenham College for so many years, small world!

I am off to log my calories then watch some tv.

Cheerio,

Nancy

Meggietye 06-11-2011 03:32 AM

Hello Nita! I fell deep asleep by 9:30 last night so was awake at 5 am, ugh.lol. I actually watched a semi- interesting infomercial on tv then FORCED myself up and into our exercise room at 6 am. I worked out and did 42 min of aerobics...yawning thru the first half!...then made some tea and watched most of my new yoga DVD. My husband got up at 7 and his jaw dropped when he came down to find the drapes open and the sun pouring in! LOl

I am meeting my girl friend for a light lunch then attending a Wine & Cheese at our marina..but I will take a thermos mug of peppermint tea and not eat the cheese! Monday we meet one of our daughters in the city for her birthday lunch then I am trying to find some wrist/ankle weights. Even with all this eating out I am making smart choices that fit right in with my fitday plan.

Time for me to wash my hair and paint my nails, I just waxed my legs..ahhhh summer!!

Keep well Nita, I hope your day is a good one!

Cheers,

Nancy

mimir03 06-11-2011 04:02 AM

Just joined today

I'm starting on Atkins today, and on that site they recommend tracking things on this site, so that's what I decided to do. I'm hoping this will help me stick to it better than I did the last time.

njh50 06-11-2011 06:59 AM

Hi Nancy,

Sounds like you are well on form today! I was very industrious yesterday and spent 2 hours on our allottment doing some digging and watering. Today has been sunshine and showers so I have managed to grab an hours walk around the village with my husband and our little dog in one of the sunny spells. I can normally only manage to put on one of my exercise dvds during the week as we have a small house (no exercise room here unfortunately) and at weekends the house is full of people. I weighed this morning and have lost another 1.2lb. I shall have to make sure I keep up with the toneing exercises or I shall have yards of lose skin at this rate! Cant understand why Im not craving forbidden foods this time. I think that it must be right that weight loss is 99% mind set (read that somewhere) - Im just so relieved I seem to have got there this time.

Hope you have a good time at the marina and with your daughter next week.

Take care.

Nita

racingredalfa 06-11-2011 07:10 PM

Hi, I live in aberystwyth, wales. I have been on every diet possible. the atkins diet works very well and you lose quickly, i just got bored as usual. I am going back on the slim fast just to kick start me off but did follow food combining for three years, which is how i lost my weight and maintained it, once again got bored! need to get myself in the right frame of mind this time because its time to sort myself out. good luck everyone.xx

njh50 06-11-2011 09:27 PM

Hi racingredalfa,

Do remember that meal replacements and very restrictive diets are a short term solution. For sustained and maintained weight loss its needs to be a lifestyle change. If we were all eating healthily and doing enough exercise there would be no need for this website! You really do have to get into the right frame of mind. For me it was sitting down and REALLY thinking about why I am overweight, why I want to lose weight and setting realistic goals.

We have all got into this situation because of our bad habits and the only way to change that is to change those habits.

Good luck and stick with it.

Meggietye 06-12-2011 02:12 AM

Hi Nita and everyone,

Good for you having a lovely walk with your husband and dog in that lovely sunshine..fleeting as it may be! We have had 3 super days with another one today until major rains hit us tonight, we are due to be very wet the next 4 days.

I awakened at 6 am and got my aerobics in..hahaha I feel so successful! I must say this routine suits me as I do my workout then come in and log my food for the day, except dinner, then I find it easier to pick and choose thru out the day and make adjustments in the evening. Nita it is not hard for me to do this when the sun is out but when it rains day after day my brain chemistry changes and I want nasty things...like bread and crackers etc..all day, but now that I am working out regularly I hope it will be easier to deal with.

Would you like to know a little about me, Nita? I have 2 grown kids, 4 step kids and 12 grandchildren!! I am 55, 56 in July. How old are your kids? My two are 32 & 29.

I am off to make morning coffee and get my sketch book out, I think I may do a little drawing this afternoon. I hope your sweet dog gets another walk in around the village soon, at this rate all of you will be fit!

Cheers,

Nancy

njh50 06-12-2011 08:42 AM

Hi Nancy,

Know exactly what you mean about wanting to eat unhealthily in bad weather. I lose 8-10lb every summer and then put them back on in the winter! Hoping to change my habits once and for all this year.

I have three children, 25, 16 and 13 - no grandchildren yet. My eldest lives in a flat in town but the other two are still at home - obviously.

We did get out for a walk this afternoon - in our full rain gear! We have had thick black clouds rolling across the sky, very rough winds (quite a few tree branches down) and driving rain. We were all getting a bit bored staring out of the window at the lashing rain so decided to "go for it". I wont complain though as Norfolk (on the east) has had a drought warning. One min they are telling us to be careful with water wastage and the next its flood warnings. Cant seem to get a happy medium anymore.

I will have a tough time on the dieting/exercise front next week. My husband will be on late shift (2pm-10pm) so he will be at home in the mornings and my 16 year old is doing GCSE exams, so he is at home and only goes into school when he has an exam - only got one on Friday morning next week.

To focus on my diet and exercise I need to be able to "do my own thing" during the day. They are in and out of the kitchen up and down the stairs - I use my pilates machine on the landing. The rest of the family seem to be able to eat what they like and never put on weight. I on the other hand have got over weight eating like they do. I have had to resort to cooking myself something totally different to them or having what they have but substituting most of it for salad.

I shall go and visit my mother tomorrow and will try and get up to our allottment as much as possible during the rest of the week. Digging is very good exercise and productive too.

Take care
Nita
ps: I am having a devil of a job to get posts accepted. when I pres "submit reply" I just get a blank page and have to press "back" and try again - about 20 times in all! Most frustrating. Any suggestions?

racingredalfa 06-13-2011 06:16 PM

morning. I know where your coming from. i just need to see some weight gone as soon as because its getting me down on a daily basis. Even though im only a couple of stone overweight, which isnt too major, i find it difficult to exercise as its like running with a toddler on your back!! thanks for the good luck wishes and i hope to see a change in my weight chart soon.enjoy your day.x

Meggietye 06-15-2011 05:50 AM

I am in bed with a nasty virus, been 2 days now. I am very weak, drop most things I pick up. Things will improve with time. Nita I hope things are going well for you.

Cheers,

Nancy

njh50 06-15-2011 09:51 AM

Oh Nancy, poor you. Take care and hope you get well soon. I am fine at the moment, bit stiff and sore because of the damp weather but nothing too bad.

Hope you are up and about soon and feeling better.

Nita

boxs21 06-15-2011 01:47 PM

hello... welcome njh50. I here want to know a lot about health.:):)
http://freeimagestocks.com/content/20/grey.png

Meggietye 06-16-2011 04:59 AM

Hello Nita, Well it is Thursday and the worst of this muscle virus is over, I am a bit weak and tired but I just take things slowly. Thank you Nita for your good wishes, it worked!

Hubby is outside doing the garden and I am tossing out the weeks newspapers and organizing my library magazines to take back tomorrow. We have company coming for lunch tomorrow but hubby is cooking so I am doing the table. The cleaners are here today, thank goodness.

I am going to do some very mild movements..deep diaphragmatic breathing/stretching..I have been eating high cal stuff for 3 days but I still weighed in and am down a lb in 10 days. I logged it in here and looked at the graph...success!!lol

All the windows are open and the breeze is coming in off the lake, it smells sooo good! After many days of rain and darkness this sunshine is like heaven and the flowers have perked right up.

Welcome to everyone who has joined us..let's talk health!!

Cheerio,

Nancy

njh50 06-16-2011 07:08 PM

Hi Nancy,

So glad you are feeling better, and well done on the loss, even though you have been ill. I shall weigh tomorrow - not sure if I will have lost as even though I have been sticking to the calorie limit I haven't done much exercise (just walking the dog). My hands and feet are a bit puffy and my fingers and toes are tender so I think I am holding a lot of water.

It is Fathers Day on Sunday so my father and my husband will be the centre of attention. I shall be cooking a roast dinner (roast potatoes and Yorkshire puddings etc), and the family will all be here. My father is also diabetic (he is 78) so I will have to try and find a suitable dessert, usually I just dont have any.

Hope you have a lovely time with your guests tomorrow.

Happy dieting everyone!

Take care,
Nita

Meggietye 06-17-2011 10:36 AM

Hi Nita,

I got hit with a migraine at dinnertime last night that had me up vomiting most of the evening. Today I am worn out. Our guests came for lunch, I met them at the door then went right back to bed where I will stay until tomorrow.

Nita your Father's Day plans sound wonderful! I can't be of any help suggesting desserts, all we eat is cut up fruit! Right now for us it is strawberries/seedless watermelon/blueberries when we can get them.

I am tired, must lie down.

Cheers,

Nancy

happypenguin500 06-17-2011 04:08 PM

I also turned 50 this year -- it will be a good year for positive changes--- good for you. I hear your determination and positive spirit.

njh50 06-17-2011 09:57 PM

Hi happypanquin500,

I guess I realized no-one is going to do this for me, its all down to me!

Hope your journey is going well.

Dear Nancy,

Sorry to hear of your migrain. I am very fortuate to never have suffered with them - in fact I have been very lucky all in all on the health front. Just a few niggles creeping in now due to age and WEIGHT. Can't do much about the age, but can about the weight.

I have got some diabetic icecream in and have also got some sugar free jelly (jello?) so we shant feel deprived while everybody else is stuffing choc cake and cream! There will be roast beef, Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes and parsnips with butternut squash, steamed carrots, sprouts, french beans, peas and sweetcorn and mashed swede. I shall eat plenty of the steamed veg and have a very small amount of beef and maybe one small potatoe. I enjoy cooking for the family so it will be hard not to eat too much but know I will feel so much better if I dont.

Hope you recover soon and back to your normal self.

Take care
Nita

Meggietye 06-18-2011 02:50 AM

Hi Nita, and HappyPenguin welcome!,

I had a good sleep and awakened feeling rested and lots better. I have lost 2 lbs in 2 weeks and feel very good about it!! All the muscles around my rib cage are still painful from the throwing up but that will pass with time, my husband is Very funny so laughing when he is home is painful ( he is trying not to be funny!lol ).

Nita you cook like me, lots of vegetables...mmmmm good! Everything sounds soooo good. I tend to roast my veggies and I can get all my grandkidlets to eat them all up. My fave is brussel sprouts roasted, Yum-O!!

I have tired myself out, time to make a mug of tea and lie down.

Cheers!

Nancy

Meggietye 06-22-2011 10:00 AM

Hello Nita,

I have been really sick with migraine and just today, 7 days later, am feeling anywhere near normal. I actually worked out today..did 42 min of aerobics with wrist/ankle weights then lay on the floor afterwards with my cotton yoga blanket over me, feeling good! I will probably hurt tomorrow but I don't care, I will do the same workout over again but without the weights.

Our boat is going in the water today..the big launch. We also have workmen building us a retaining wall to keep the flooding at bay..we hope it works.

I am back to eating well and logging my food here..lol wow it has been ages it seems!...but I am back on track and feeling a little bit proud of myself for not falling to pieces just because I had a setback. Nita I don't think you know this but I have cancer. I had a checkup on Monday where he found an ulcer under my tongue, he thinks it is caused by my teeth rubbing against the new tissue as it grows out. I have oral tongue cancer and had 1/3 of my tongue removed last August,,it is growing back, isn't that amazing??!! I am doing very well tho, attitude is everything and as important, if not more important, than any medicine they will give you.

Ok now I have to dry my hair ( gave myself a hot oil treatment earlier) and get dinner started. I am just pulling stuff from the freezer and cupboards for some kind of a cozy dinner on this chilly June day. We are having roasted/breaded chicken thighs, scalloped potatoes, broccoli simmered in chicken stock and carrots cooked in orange juice. I know it sounds like a winter meal but it will make a tasty break from grilled fish, for a night at least.

Cheers,

Nancy

njh50 06-23-2011 06:54 PM

Hi Nancy,

You poor thing! I had no idea! I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. Isn't the human body amazing? I didn't know that the tongue grows back, I knew the liver would but not the tongue. Good for you on your attitude, I understand what you say about it being so important.

Not much been happening here, it has been raining on and off all week (at least I dont have to water the garden and allottment - but the exercise would have been good) so I have not been very good this week I must admit. I put on a pound last week, but I did drop 3 the previous week to Im not too bothered. I can lose 4lbs over night and put it back on the next day so I am trying to only weigh on a Saturday to give me a more realistic view. With this wet weather my joints are swollen and my wedding ring is tight so I know I am carrying more water.

As it is my 50th birthday next month and our 20th wedding anniversary in August I have told my husband that I would like an eternity ring to mark the occassions (he is not in the slightest bit romantic and would never have thought of it himself, so I have to make these "suggestions"). But having fat fingers it is not the time to be going to the jewellers! Perhaps if I am extra carefull I can lose enough to counteract this bad weather! As it is Wimbledon at the moment I know that the bad weather will continue for the next couple of weeks - it ALWAYS rains when Wimbledon is on.

Take care of yourself.
Love Nita. x

Meggietye 07-03-2011 09:10 AM

Nita, you must be wondering where on earth I have got to?? I have Crohn's disease and had a flare up starting the day after I last posted, I am not on solid food yet and I am just starting to walk around the house and so simple things like a few dishes and some light laundry.

How are you managing, Nita? I think of you and hope your walking and gardening are going well!

The Royals are in Canada right now and I am watching them on tv..they are much more accessible than Charles and Camilla-who didn't speak with anyone! William and Kate got way behind as they chatted with everyone, I don't think they were on time for anything Once!lol

Cheers Nita,

Nancy

njh50 07-03-2011 05:57 PM

Hi Nancy,

I was a little worried about you, glad you are a bit better. You are amazing to be on a weight lose programme when you have so much going on at the moment. I really admire you for your determination and courage. You put me to shame for whinging about a couple of bent fingers.

The weather has been better here, so have been up the allottment and down the garden quite a bit. Haven,t lost any weight this week, stayed the same! At least I didn't gain! I have got to get my **** in gear or I shant meet my 205lb deadline for holiday at the end of the month.

I did measure myself and to my surprise found I had lost 3" off my chest, 3" waist, 3" hips, 1" neck and 1" calf. You could have knocked me down with a feather! I rushed upstairs and got a pair of tailored cropped trousers out of the wardrobe that I had not worn for about 3 years... and they fitted perfectly! So chuffed.

This weeks goals:

1. I am going to log every morsel of food this week and get out my Zumba dvds AND USE THEM!

2. I am going to lose at least 2lb (needs to be 2.5lb to hit target over next 3 weeks).

Glad you like the Royal couple. I agree they do seem very genuine and approachable. He is very much his mothers son and she appears to come from a very nice family.

Take care
Nita

Fancy_a_cuppa? 07-03-2011 10:19 PM

Nancy, hoping the relapse passes for you swiftly and completely.

Meggietye 07-09-2011 07:48 AM

Well folks it is Saturday and I am still Far from normal, I can see this could take a few months to leave my system. I am on a crazy food intake due to my illness and have actually gained 2 lbs..misery. I live on Ensure, Jello and mashed potatoes but I am now eating some salmon,which doesn't make me sick. I am still so conscience of what I put in my body tho..not that it does me any good! Lol

Nita, Well Done on the inches lost!!!! You have done so very well and I am impressed! What a fantastic experience to dash to your closet and put on Smaller pants! You are doing all sorts of things well to get results like this..it goes to show that changing habits and taking things slowly, one step at a time, add up. I think too many people try to do too many crazy things at once to lose weight and just cannot maintain it day to day...

I also have the Zumba DVD set and just adore it..once I get tucked into it! I still like my Oxycise the best and can stick with that everyday, normally, that is. I picked up the broom today and used it for about 15 seconds before I was exhausted, but things will get better!

The Royals left Canada last night and are in Hollywood now, this will be exciting for them meeting movie stars!

Time for a rest and to drink more water. I hope everyone had a good Saturday.

Cheerio,

Nancy

njh50 07-09-2011 08:17 PM

I have been thinking of you all week Nancy and wondering how you are. Just take it easy and get well soon. Sorry to hear about the 2lb gain - at least it is not from overeating - its out of your hands. Dont give up.

I did manage to lose 2lb this week and bought some new SMALLER underwear. My hands have gone down a bit and are not so painfull, so we did go shopping for a new ring (not allowed to wear it until my birthday).

My husband has suggested we have a BBQ for the family to mark my 50th birthday. As we are going on holiday on the 24th and my birthday is the 23rd we shall be too busy that weekend. So I had better be extra careful this week and next to counteract any indulgence! I am going to be extra busy getting the house and garden shipshape anyway so less calories snacking and more calories burned (in theory).

Take care and I hope you are feeling better soon.

Nitax

Meggietye 07-16-2011 02:25 PM

It is a full week since I posted, things are somewhat better and I am hopeful to get out of the house tomorrow. I am on a new drug protocol as of last night and it seems to be helping. I also am eating chicken and salmon...so things are looking up!

Nita how was your week? I hope you are not getting the heat we have here, thank goodness for air conditioning! With humidity factored in it will be 44c here tomorrow..you can bet I won't be out in it.

Time for bed now, I will be back in soon.

Cheers,

Nancy

njh50 07-17-2011 06:03 PM

So glad to hear you are getting better and eating properly again Nancy. You have been in my prayers this week.

We had a BBQ on Saturday for my family to celebrate my birthday next week. All week we had very nice sunny weather with a forcast for rain on Saturday! But we held our nerve and put up the gazebo in the garden. Saturday morning dawned a little grey but by 10am it was very, very heavy rain. I had several phone calls asking if it was still on (1pm start) but I said I had all the food ready so there was no point in cancelling. Anyway at 12.40pm the clouds parted and the sun shone for the rest of the day! Great fun - paid for it yesterday tho!

I have weighed this morning and I am the same as last week - at least I didnt gain. Im not going to make my mini goal of 205lbs by Saturday, but I would like to lose at least 1lb this week as that will take me under 15stone/210lbs. I found my old Slimming World books (a bit like Weight Watchers) which I went to 6 years ago. I went for about 2 months with my mum and sister but we all found it a bit patronizing. I have used the weight loss diary in the back of the book on and off and was amazed to see that the lowest I have been in six years is 210lbs. So I have been yo-yoing with the same 12lbs!

I am SO annoyed with myself. About 10 attempts over six years and got no where. I NEED to get under 210 to prove to myself that this time it is different. A couple of people have noticed Ive lost a little and my clothes are fitting so much better but I think 210 is a psycological (spelling?) block I need to get past.

Will keep you posted.

Take care Nancy, hope you continue to make progress with your new medication.

Happy and successful dieting everyone.

Nita x

njh50 07-21-2011 07:00 PM

Hmm..... what are the chances of dropping 0.5lb in 24 hrs? :(

Meggietye 07-24-2011 07:59 AM

Hi Nita! Happy birthday to us, yesterday!lol

I am so happy your BBQ went off well and that the sun came out in your honor. Last night I was out for the first night in 6 weeks. Good friends made dinner for us, just the few things I can eat (fish, potatoes, jello) with an Asian salad and cooked veggies for the others. Today I have had 3 naps..and it is just past 2pm! Lol

Nita you WILL get past 210, this is not forever. I have gained weight with all the potatoes I have to eat and at first it was a devastating blow..but I adjusted, it is temporary - and your weight is Temporary!! I find summer the toughest time to lose especially if small kids, or larger ones, are about the place. Time and privacy are always an issue, don't you think? If I remember properly I took up long distance walking when my husband was home to supervise the kids, haha I gave up trying to do videos in our livingroom during the day.

My meds were changed and they are working, slowly. I have to give myself enemas every night for 2 weeks. It is the same family of drugs that I take orally 4x-day and I am so grateful for the help. Crohn's is a tough disease...but I am up to the challenge!

My plan is to rest today and start doing some gentle exercise beginning tomorrow, maybe some stretching today. Nita, hang in there, put the scale away and measure your waist..have you done that yet? don't let that blasted scale rule your day and your mood. Nita..back away from the scale!!

Are you keeping a food journal in here? if it helps keep a paper journal in the kitchen And a computer journal in here. I am going to be in here more often to keep you company now I am feeling stronger. We can do this!

Hang in there Nita, measure your waist around your belly button (suck it in) and I will see you tomorrow.

Nancy x

Meggietye 08-01-2011 04:39 AM

Hello Nita,

It is another beautiful summers morning here but it will be short-lived as the temps go up this afternoon and it gets steamy hot with thunder showers..at least we have the a/c to deal with it! Our dog Tess Hates the thunder and hides in the bathroom, shaking.

My Crohn's is still active and quite problematic, but my eyes are getting sparkly again even tho I am still quite pale. I can still only eat chicken, salmon, jello, mashed potatoes and Ensure..but I am grateful for what I Can do..no complaining here!lol

It is a civic long weekend here, it is also the annual Icelandic celebration of the area we live in..our population swells from 3,000 to 30,000 for the weekend, crazy!!lol We live in the largest Icelandic settlement outside of Iceland.

I am thinking of you Nita, how are you doing??

cheers,

Nancy

njh50 08-07-2011 10:10 AM

Just got back from holiday (1 hour ago!) visiting relatives in Spain for the last two weeks.

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better Nancy, and a belated happy birthday!

Will reply properly tomorrow.

Love Nita

njh50 08-07-2011 11:50 PM

Hi Nancy and Everyone,

We have been on holiday to Spain to stay with my husband's father and Spanish step-mother. I have been "off diet" as there was no way I could control what I ate without cause GREAT offence!

It was LARGE gin and tonics before lunch with at least two glasses of wine with lunch (you put your hand over your glass and say "no more thanks" and the min you look away it gets filled up! - very irritating). Then lunch consisted of very large portions of meat/sausage/cheese, olive oil dressing on EVERYTHING (I like olive oil, but its fattening), and salad (with olive oil poured on).

Then in the evening its exactly the same: MASSIVE gin and tonic, more wine and even larger portions, followed by cheese board and crackers AND cake. Oh and I havent mentioned breakfast - baskets of toast with home made jam and marmalade and gallons of coffee with full fat milk. It was all prepared with such love that you could not have refused even if you had wanted to.

I stood on the scales this morning (I know Nancy, not a good idea - but I had to know!) and was rather surprised to find that I have only put on 2.2lb.

So today, 8.8.2011, I am 212.6lb.

I am drinking loads of water today as I am just so thirsty (lots of salt as well as olive oil!).

I am going to have to slowly increase my exercise to pre-holiday levels (going for a walk was impossible due to heat/mosquitos) and I am feeling very sluggish at the mo.

Will report back in a few days with (hopefully) good news.

Love Nita

Meggietye 08-12-2011 06:29 AM

Hi Nita!!

By now you have been home from hols for awhile, I totally understand about everything and I hope you were able to settle in and just enjoy your family.

As of today I am dosing down one of my meds by 50%.. still maxed out on the other two but this will take time. I am weak but getting stronger!

I will check in soon, keep well Nita.

Cheers,

Nancy