Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 6/6/2011 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 6/6/2011

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 6/6/2011

Old 06-08-2011, 03:48 AM
Super Moderator

xcurlygirlx: Good for you for doing what you need to do to avoid cake and ice cream, if they're calling your name I've run into the other room many times myself! No shame!

mhibdon: I'm still jealous!! Never been on a board myself. You gotta post a pic when you do stand!!

Mern: I cut myself slack sometimes, but since I'm in a plateau right now I'm trying to be really eyes-open about every little thing I do to see if I've been slacking more than I think - so on the calorie and exercise goals, I'm going to be strict!! 46 cals isn't terrible though, and it was 46 apple calories. I wasn't mad at myself, I just want to be vigilant. And I'm glad I'm not the only one with a black thumb, haha!

wowgirl: Looks like you're off to a pretty good start - and cutting smokes AND dieting is no small feat, kudos!

Cassie: LOL. I am totally just going to pick one. A phiolodendron is a great idea, thanks! I do like flowering plants but maybe it's better to start small and give myself some confidence.

Mike: Oh no, sorry to hear the bad news! Sounds like you're being really level-headed about it, though, and I wish you luck on adjusting as best you can, and I hope that you can get rid of that pain! Keeping you in my thoughts and sending you some good vibes and internet hugs.

almeeker: Man, sounds like amazing days with your kids at the garden - it makes me wish I had spent more time with my Mom when she was out in our backyard "puttering around" with the flowers (as my Dad used to say). Though, truth be told I think gardening was her "alone time" thing to do to get away from her husband and kids, haha!

quinn: Woohoo indeed!! The number 7 never looked so sexy, haha! Don't be concerned about your 1 lb. gain -- I asked BF about hot weather (he's a southernor) and he said that sometimes when your skin heats up and you're sweating a lot, your body tries to conserve more water. It's a little counterintuitive, but he said he always felt bloated when summers began. Works for an explanation, maybe?

To all: Thanks for all of the encouragement on the interview. It went well - pretty quick and painless, we were done in about 5 minutes! She seemed to be more interested in me and my motivation for writing the book, and less into the science, so I felt like I could be more myself and not worry about getting details right, which was good!!

Fitness and Lifestyle Goals:

1) Achieve a 7,000 calorie deficit M: -841 T: -932 (Week Total: -1,773)
2) Weekly average of 1200-1300 calories (not to exceed 1450 on any given day): M: 1,346 T: 1,255 (Week Average: 1,300.5)
3) 30 Day Shred every day M: yes T: yes
4) 2 "extra exercise" days of cardio M: No T: No
5) Weekly Average of 50% or less carbs M: 53% T: 32% (Week Average: 42.5%)
6) Weekly Average of 30% or more protein M: 25% T: 32% (Week Average: 28.5%)
7) 120 oz. of water daily M: yes T: yes
8) Multivitamin and Fiber pills every day M: yes T: yes
9) No ice cream M: yes T: yes
10) Do not weigh until Wednesday, for the sake of my sanity. M: I'm changing this goal to Wednesday -- forgot it's TOTM week, Friday's weight will be wonky. T: No weighing

Other Life Stuff:

1) Prep for interview Monday and Tuesday night M: I forgot!! T: yes
2) Work on Powerpoint presentation; finished by Friday M: a little T: no
3) Finish laundry M: no T: good chunk
4) Buy green things for the apartment M: no T: no

Thanks to everyone for the congrats at getting into the 170s -- I was VERY happy to see that crooked number 7 on the scale this morning! Now it had just better STAY there!!

Otherwise, not off to a fantastic start this morning - nervous for my interview, and nerves tend to hit me right in the bladder (haha) -- thus I have purposefully NOT had any water this morning until it was over, so I'm a few hours behind schedule on my normal water consumption. I'm also RAVENOUS now (that happen to others? When you're nervous, and then something is over, and you feel like you could eat an entire cow?). I did eat breakfast, so I'm certain this hunger is just leftover from nerves. Resolving to eat lunch very slowly!!

I've also gotten word from Psychology Today (the magazine) that they'd like me to co-write a blog with one of my other authors for the book - seems like an opportunity for great publicity, so I'm going to see how that goes!

Happy Wednesday!!

~Terri
Old 06-08-2011, 05:21 AM
FitDay Member

Terri,

I asked BF about hot weather (he's a Southerner) and he said that sometimes when your skin heats up and you're sweating a lot, your body tries to conserve more water. It's a little counterintuitive, but he said he always felt bloated when summers began.

That's what happened to me in Mexico. When I flew out of Chicago, It was about 10 degrees. Within 10-12 hours of being in Mexico, (temp. around 90 degrees) all of my clothes were so tight that I could hardly zip some of them. I wonder why?

Glad to hear your interview went well. And what exciting news about the blog! Sounds like all of your hard work is paying off!
Old 06-08-2011, 06:04 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, so sorry to hear your bad news. So glad you're not considering surgery at this point. Back surgery is tricky and there are other options, which it sounds like you are exploring. Can acupuncture help? I've had lots of success with it for various issues.

Mern, I loved your line about watering your fish too much. LMAO

Main80, thanks for the wise words: Mom as long as I am telling you. True true, so true.

Quinn, sometimes less food = more weight at first. Funny how that happens but it will come down.

Almeeker sometimes I am jealous of how good a parent you are and all you do in general. You rock!

To all, first BF, scary yes, almost enough to drive me to eat that chocolate I have in my desk. I used to say about any perspective BF for DD "I pity the fool" (in my best Mr T voice) but they are actually pretty cute together. He leaves for college at the end of this summer. I pray this all goes well.

Physical
1) walking/gym 3x this week minimum: N, N
2) strrrrrretching : a bit, N
3) less calories ummm1840 or so, 1640
4) less sugar: N and the sugar I ate really messed up my sleep: Tuesday sugar caused fibro IBS to flare and I became good friends with Mr Toilet Bowl and Ms Saltines so No, TMI I know sorry!!!
5) cut it out with the dairy, at least cut down: y, y
6) drink water: eh 5-6 glasses, better maybe 8
Other
1) worry less, trust more trying! DD has first boyfriend yikes, yes-ish did I mention boyfriend?
2) meditation yes, yes
3) get back on writing schedule YES, YES
4) Oh yes and Smile more bitch less; is that how that one goes? LOL YES, YES see?

Last edited by canary52; 06-08-2011 at 06:08 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

BTW new BF likes to rap so I made up one of my own (I did not share with either of them but I figured I would share with you guys)

I know you may think you're some kind of playa
But if you hurt my girl then I'm gonna slay ya
You try to act cool and play the fool
you'll be in cement shoes in my swimming pool

Gangsta Mom yea word
Old 06-08-2011, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
btw new bf likes to rap so i made up one of my own (i did not share with either of them but i figured i would share with you guys)

i know you may think you're some kind of playa
but if you hurt my girl then i'm gonna slay ya
you try to act cool and play the fool
you'll be in cement shoes in my swimming pool

gangsta mom yea word
Coolest. Mom. Ever.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:47 AM
FitDay Member

Canary52,

LOL I love the rap. You should totally share it with them.

Update:

I'm right on track with my goals for the week, although my house could use more attention!

I hope you are all doing well

Fitness Goals & Food
1.) Run a total of 7 miles.
2.)Strength train twice this week.
3.)Portion control! (this is my killer)
4.)8 cups of water daily.

Other Goals
1.) Get out of the house twice this week.. park..grocery store etc.
2.)keep up on housework!
Old 06-08-2011, 09:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hey guys, thanks for the advice Mern, usually by the time I'm 'full', I don't even want to look at food, so I tend to shove it somewhere out of my vision until I can look at it to throw it out, I'll try the fridge trick though, hadn't even thought of it.

I was a bit out of sorts yesterday, just going through the motions. Hopefully when I get home today I'll get the motivation to tidy up the house, doubt I'll touch my bed room though.

It's been raining hard where I am, so no dog walking possible, but thinking I might do it in the morning, if I can drag myself out of bed. Freezing here, so it's hard enough getting up for work.

I'm sorry I don't reply to people in person, I find it hard to keep track of who said what, at least until I get familiar enough with all your names.

Oh, threw some mascara and eyeliner on, so looks like the mission to make myself feel better about me is back on track.

Fitness goals:
  • Eat everything Lite N' Easy deliver - no exceptions, and nothing else. Y Y
  • Drink at least four bottles of water a day - even weekends! Y Y
  • Join the gym on Friday and use it!
  • Take the dog for a walk at least three times. N N
  • Be honest in blog with emotions, even though two people I know IRL are reading it. Y Y
  • Cut back the smokes, big time. Y N
Not Fitness:
  • Organise my bedroom. N N
  • Organise the rest of the house. N N
  • Water the plants. N N
  • Take mail to nursing home. Y -
Old 06-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

thanks everyone for the warm wishes!

Today was kind of a rough day when I went to the chiropractor. I hope to be feeling better soon. You know what's the crazy thing?? Y'all may remember me saying that I started back up at the gym, well now they are remodeling the hot tub area so now it's out of commission. I can't even go there to soak.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Since my back is getting me down I tried to make something funny b/c I don't won't to be a downer. I hope y'all see the humor in it and don't find it too risque.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:16 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie, yey on the sleep! And the no bitching at the dentist

Quinn, the heat does make you retain water, I don't know why, but have experienced it, specially my feet :S That pound will be gone soon.

Almeeker, the activities with your kids sound so much fun,

Terri, congrats on the new decade, the interview and the blog. I completely understand the feeling of eating an entire cow after something that was stressing me is over. Hope you had a calmer afternoon.

Mern, another all green day! Seriously! Great your grandkids are enjoying their vacations.

canary, your rap is great, I specially like the cement shoes detail! Hope you are worrying less today

wowgirl88, don't worry about the replying in person. Hope the food didnt make you feel ill
this time.

xcurlygirlx, great that you are on track with your goals!

Mike, glad to see your sense of humor has not been affected! Hope you feel better and you get to use the hot tub soon.

One of those days turned into two of those days... I need to get out of this funk. Working on being able to have a better report tomorrow

1. Keep a 1200 calorie average. 1101
2. Drink 3 L of water a day. No, No
3. Exercise 5 times during the week. No, No
4. Finish the report by Wednesday WILL DO!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.