Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/16/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/16/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/16/11

Old 05-20-2011, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I really hate to ask this b/c I'm sure you've already went into the story about him.... but I'm going to. Do you run a daycare or something or do you just watch this one kid? Either way I'd have to cut ties. Maybe I'm just insensitive at times but I'd have to tell the parents to take their demon child back and don't return him until he's under control.
I'm not one of those people that has a "daycare business", it's more like I became the one mom that hasn't gone back to work yet. If that makes sense. A lot of my mom friends stayed at home with their kids when they were babies, but one by one they went back to work or back to school or whatever. And one child at a time I became a daycare lady. Mr. Screamy Pants is actually not the baby of a friend, she was referred by a friend. I think she recommended me because she knew I had survived a colicky baby before and it takes a certain personality to deal with it. He's here today and it's been much better than yesterday, although it's still early.

By the way I'm trying to work up to doing 40 push-ups straight like you did in your video. This morning I did 27 before I had to stop for a second.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Amy,

Here is a Yinglish (Yiddish/English) translation of the words of the Bad Canary. You tell them this word for word; they'll get it

I don't know if you are kvelling over your kindele or not but I need this tsuris like a loch in kop. The pay is bupkis for such michegoss. This whole megilla is making me fartoost, farklempt and more than a bissel meshuggeneh, not to mention I'm gonna get zoftig from all the essing I do from stress. If you had any sechkel, people, you would realize this deal is kaput. Or else cough up more shekels; don't be shnorrers or worse, chazzers. Amy, you are a shana maydele with a tov neshama, don't let them treat you like drek. Much mazel, bubbelah!! Farshtay?
I used to date a Jewish guy from Manhattan, so this actually made a lot more sense to me than it should have LOL.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Rebel,

If "emotional eater" were in the dictionary, my picture would be beside it.
LOL, Yep, and my picture would be next to "stress eater".
Old 05-20-2011, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

5) listen more - ? I tried, not so much, yes? oh forget this i just won't shut up
ROFLOL, are we related?
Old 05-20-2011, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
I'm not one of those people that has a "daycare business", it's more like I became the one mom that hasn't gone back to work yet. If that makes sense. A lot of my mom friends stayed at home with their kids when they were babies, but one by one they went back to work or back to school or whatever. And one child at a time I became a daycare lady. Mr. Screamy Pants is actually not the baby of a friend, she was referred by a friend. I think she recommended me because she knew I had survived a colicky baby before and it takes a certain personality to deal with it. He's here today and it's been much better than yesterday, although it's still early.

By the way I'm trying to work up to doing 40 push-ups straight like you did in your video. This morning I did 27 before I had to stop for a second.
IMO it isn't worth the stress of dealing with some one elses unruley kid. You can always be nice and say "if you don't plan on picking up your demon seed, the next time you drop off your PITA monster, leave me a bottle of benedryl or extra strength Tylenol PM. He'll be asleep when you come back to pick him up."

My goal is to eventually get up to 100 push-ups. The most that I've done was 66, way short of my goal. 27 is very, very good. If you want to try something hard that may help you get better at push-ups, do this...

Get a stop watch, and time yourself and do as many push-ups as you can. How ever long it took you to do it, that's how long of a break you get defore repeating. Do this like 4 times.

For example it may look like this for you:
27 push-ups in 34 seconds
34 second break
18 push-ups in 26 seconds
26 second break
11 push-ups in 20 seconds
20 second break
6 push-ups (by then you would have had MORE than enough)
Old 05-20-2011, 03:47 AM
Super Moderator

Health & Fitness
1) eat clean for 6 days yes, no, yes, yes
2) drink a gallon of water a day yes, yes, yes, yes
3) take daily:
vitamin yes, yes, yes, yes
fish oil yes, yes, yes, yes
glucosamine yes, yes, yes, yes
4) 1500 cals deficient for the week -883, +263, -521, -298
5) floss 7x no, yes, yes, yes
6) good/ productive work outs 6x sort of (yoga), no, no, no
7) log food every day yes, yes, yes, yes

Non Health & Fitness
8) 2 random acts of kindness no, no, no, no
Old 05-20-2011, 04:39 AM
FitDay Member

Amy, I think you should make the kid do P90X with you. Tucker that little tike out is what I say!!! Or if not, as Mike suggests, maybe a little Benadryl in the juice box....just a tiny piece...

Mike you seem to be doing great on your goals!!

BTW Mike I read your goals wrong and got random acts of fitness. I like that phrase, don't you?
Old 05-20-2011, 05:10 AM
Super Moderator

Amy, I think you should make the kid do P90X with you. Tucker that little tike out is what I say!!! Or if not, as Mike suggests, maybe a little Benadryl in the juice box....just a tiny piece...

Mike you seem to be doing great on your goals!!

BTW Mike I read your goals wrong and got random acts of fitness. I like that phrase, don't you?
I need to buckle down on my fitness and my kindness.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:59 AM
FitDay Member

Mr. Screamy Pants is doing better today, I think his biggest issue is consistency, if I had him everyday he would be on a schedule and be an easy baby, I'm almost certain of it. If he doesn't even out soon I will have to have one of those conversations with his mom, because I don't see how I will be able to handle him plus the 5 full time kiddos I have once school is out. Hopefully it won't come to that, she's a very very nice lady (quite frankly she hasn't done anything to deserve the little monster if you ask me). I guess the reason I've been so understanding up to this point is that I had a colicky baby and if not for the support I received from my mom and my babysitter I might now be typing to you from a mental hospital. However, Screamy Pants is now 6 months old and it's time to be done with this screaming all the time business. He's not crying, he's screaming, there is a difference, even in a newborn. Today I've been trying to make sure that he can either hear me or see me, it occurred to me that with so many care providers on board he might be having abandonment issues.

Thanks for the push-up workout ideas Mike, I'll have to give that a try (hopefully I can figure out that stupid stop watch). When I started doing this weight loss business I could do quite a few on my knees but not a single one on my toes. Now I can do lots of them on my toes, usually in batches of 10 or 12 and recently I started pushing myself to do them in batches of 15. Since I went 27 straight this morning, I'm going to do them in sets of 25 or 30 now.

Canary, the baby is only 6 months old, so he doesn't walk or even roll over yet. I don't think P90X is an option for a little while yet. Unfortunately it's the same with Benadryl.

Last edited by almeeker; 05-20-2011 at 06:46 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

almeeker, I didn't realize that was on your toes, VERY IMPRESSIVE! If you can't figuree out the stop watch just use a watch with a second hand and lay it on the ground in front of you. Let me know how it works out for you. If you can't do 4 sets, do 3 or what ever you can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.