Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11

Old 04-14-2011, 02:08 PM
FitDay Member

Oh, my Lord!!! Looks like "Lucky the Leprechaun" would break the clients' kneecaps if they didn't pay.

Cassie, we vertically challenged people have the right to set the bar wherever we want. LOL Yeah, I'll report in this weekend, too. My aerobic walking DVD has a marker every 1/2 mile and the instructor announces it. Plus I'm a clock watcher-watching each 7 1/2 minute stretch go by. Well no one said we HAVE to like exercise, did they? Even when I walk at the park, I am anxious to see certain landmarks--a certain bench, tree, pond, playground. LOL

Almeeker and Cassie, I probably WOULD have to do the teeniest little babysteps to reach a full hour of Bob. I cracked up over "gasping for air and 42 minutes left." But, boy, do I empathize! I was really ticked off yesterday when I was doing my 2 mile aerobic walking DVD and DH kept talking to me and distracting me from watching for the distance marker. I thought I was up to a mile and a half any second until the instructor announced "Congratulations, you've just done one mile!" I have a Richard Simmons "Dancing to the Oldies" VHS tape. I ought to pull that out for punishment for absent-mindedly going over in my calories tonight--forgot to log a couple things earlier, so I went over by 248 calories! Now you all know--I can't count to 8 even with a nutrition tracker and a calculaor.

I'm about to split a gut, Mike! "Magically delicious." LOL

Easter candy is not an issue here. Grandkids get their baskets of candy at home and usually come here later in the day for dinner. What about your Easter dinners? Y'all OK on that? I'll have no problem since I'm cooking: baked ham; mashed cauliflower for me while the others have mashed potatoes and gravy; green beans for all; strawberries and cantaloupe while the others have more carby fruit salad; I can easily skip the dinner rolls. BUT for dessert I may make myself a low carb lemon cheesecake with artificial sweetener so I don't cave on the brownie sundae (brownie, ice cream, chocolate sauce) or the lemon bundt cake I'm making for the family.

Last edited by Mern; 04-14-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:43 PM
FitDay Member

bhaze, I'm sure ALL of us got a good chuckle out of your comment about it being nastier changing boys nappies/diapers. LOL I don't mind at all posting it again. We have 7 grandkids altogether: 3 from DH's first marriage--boys now 25 and 24 and a 22 year old girl and our daughter has 3 girls ages 16, 15, 9, and a 7 year old boy.

Almeeker and bhaze, the diaper stories reminded me of when my brother was a little and was going through potty training. We had only one bathroom and when someone was taking a bath, we'd let my brother pee in a jar so he wouldn't have an accident. But then we'd set the jar on the ledge of the kitchen sink until the bathroom was free so we could flush it. Well, Grandma was visiting one day, saw the jar and thought it was a beverage. She took a big gulp from the jar and yelled, "WHAT IN THE HELL IS THAT??!!!! My older sister and I ran outside, hid behind a tree, and laughed our butts off!
Old 04-14-2011, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

Cassie and quinn: You gonna let the scale beat you?! No way!!! Just hop on and dare that bad boy to give you its worst!

almeeker: You show those little UPS hussies who's the boss!

Mern: Thanks for being very understanding. In a way, it's true. I don't have kids, so it's "no big deal" for me to always be the one who travels (and spends money doing so) or "I must have time" to go pick things up, etc. I try not to sell myself short, I'm just not so sure how wise I am about ME yet. I can talk to you about brains all day - just don't ask me who I am, haha. Thanks for all the encouragement! Your goals are awesome this week!

Mike: LOL THAT PICTURE! Totally just like that! You totally look like a bit of an angry leprechaun in that. I'm going to be thinking of that stern face whenever I don't make a goal. Lucky Mike might get mad! haha! I love it, thanks.

behaze: Oh, I have gone TOTALLY EIGHTIES before, believe me! I still love 80s music - you have to admit SOME of it was awesome. I am enjoying my smoothies now that I have a recipe I like, though next time I am going to get better whey powder. I just sort of picked willy-nilly and the one that I picked has a lot of sugar in it. Might be ok for after a workout, but I'm sure I can do better. Live and learn! Also...Monopoly is very serious to me even now. I can't even imagine when I was eight. I hope no heads roll too far in your house! And for some reason the idea of pregnant pushups makes me just think you're even more of a badass....

You guys are killing me with the Cindy Crawford memories. It makes me wish I had some of these DVDs. I don't have any Bob Harper, but I do have 30-Day shred. On the last part where Jillian is making you punch the air, my fists might aim at her face on the TV, and I might imagine her head getting smushed in a little bit. Hey, whatever gives me inspiration, right? I always finish the punches!!

Thursday Report Card

Food, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals:
1) Achieve a 7,000 calorie deficit by the end of the week (through a combination of eating and exercising) M: -1,115 T: -1,608 W: -669 Th: -770 (Week total: -4,162)
2) Do not take off two days in a row from exercising. M: Very light exercise T: One hour HIIT cardio (elliptical) W: Day off Th: The gym was closed! A flood, the plumber was fixing it. As penance, I MUST work out three days in a row, F-Sat-Sun!
3) Achieve a 30% protein average for the week M: 36% T: 26% W: 25% Th: 31% (Weekly average: 29.5%)
4) Carbs at or below 50% average for the week M: 44% T: 49% W: 45% Th: 50% (Weekly average: 47%)
5) Protein powder after every workout - in a smoothie! M: No T: Yes W: N/A Th: N/A
6) At least 96 oz. water daily M: 80 oz. T: Yes W: Yes Th: yes
7) Report here each and every day - that includes weekends! M: Yes ma'am! T: Yes W: Yes Th: Yes

Other Life Stuff:
1) Clean both bathrooms M: No T: No W: No Th: No
2) Easter/Anniversary presents for family M: Got the anniversary present out T: Nope W: No Th: No
3) Work on my embroidery for at least five hours this week M: No T: yes, one hour W: No Th: one hour (Weekly total: 2 hours)
4) Don't worry, be happy! M: Totally T: Yessss! W: Mostly-happy counts, right? Th: Yeah, actually
5) Finish one chapter of side-project book M: No T: DONE! W-Sun: N/A

I still felt really sluggish today, but I pushed through and remained really calm at work by the end of the day. Was looking forward to kicking my own butt in my workout only to find a FLOODED gym when I got back to my apartment complex. They're in there fixing it, but I hope it's open tomorrow. If not, I will subject myself to butt-kicking via Jillain (I hate you, Jillian Michaels...), as my consequence for not working out today is to do three days in a row.

Still on-target with my calorie deficit at least!!

Goodnight everyone!

~Terri
Old 04-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

Along the lines of What Will They Think of Next, there is such a thing as a "pee pee teepee," which supposedly protects you from changing-time squirts. According to my niece and cousin, both of whom have 7-month old boys, they are not very effective .

Terri, I'm sorry about your gym disaster. Maybe it was a sign. Take the night off and kick booty tomorrow! I personally like the 30 Day Shred, as I thought it gave measurable results, and I also liked the No More Trouble Zones. Once it gets stifling hot here and I'm driven inside for exercise, I may pull those out again.

Mern, your Easter dinner sounds delicious. Another perk of grandchildren, right? In addition to handing them back and spoiling from time to time, you can avoid a lot of the junk food. Unless you're my mother, but that's another story. I've not planned a menu yet; we may try something new. In years past it's been lasagna (hubby is half Italian...not the Johnson half ) or standing rib roast. Guess it's time to start thinking.

behaze, nice job on being so organized for the party so many days ahead of time. I'm not that diligent (see above; I'm still stumped on Easter). I hope it's a blast for all of you! And yes, I did win my match, 7-6, 7-5. I don't think I've ever played someone so evenly matched up. Aaaannnddd...tonight I can't feel my legs.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Check-in:

1. Stick to calorie limit. I'll give it a B, Yes!, Yes, Yes (bumped it higher because of the exercise)
2. Balance pie chart (no specific percentages; just use common sense). Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Exercise 6 days. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Sleep at least 7 hours nightly. Yes, No, No, Yes
5. Drink 2-3 big blue bottles of water each day. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
6. No impulse snacking! Mostly, Yes (meaning no snacking), Yes, Yes

7. Clean out purse & wallet and file receipts. Done!
8. Sweep garage. Done!
9. Flowers for front porch. Done, and repotted a big ole' plant in the family room.
10. Make healthy snacks/quick breakfasts/bread for the week and for freezer. Breakfasts are done, granola bars are done
11. Change sheets and towels for MIL visit Friday. Yes
12. Plan meals for weekend. Yes. Had to plan around son's preferences, as he's the one putting it out there in a tourney this weekend, and all I can say is that I might possibly have some teensy, weensy regret over pledging to post my weekend food journal!
Old 04-15-2011, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
kinda like this?
What's that in your hand? Some kind of "magic wand", or what???

LOL I wish you'd waive it over my lazy head and make me motivated!!!
Old 04-15-2011, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Went over in calories yesterday, but with nutritious food, no junk all day. Forgot to log a couple things before a large evening snack which was more like a small meal of a roasted, skinless chicken thigh, 1/4 cup walnuts, and brussels sprouts .

Thursday report:

Calorie limit 1600 per day 1252, 1569, 1270 1848
Calorie restriction of 1037 per day 1227 with no exercise, 1078, 1377, 715
Carb less fiber limit 25g 19, 21.2, 18.3, only 10.3g
Protein target 120g 137.8, 127.1, 132.1, 167.8

Artificial sweetener packet limit 2 per day 0, 0, 0, 0

Sugar free candy (limit one piece per night) OR a "sweet tooth alternative" 1 piece of candy; celery with NM peanut butter; pure pumpkin puree with cinnamon; cold, plain, cooked brussel sprouts , no kidding--taste sweeter to me when cold

Water 64 oz. YES YES YES YES

Exercise aerobic walking 1/2 hour 6 days NO YES YES 15 minutes

Last edited by Mern; 04-15-2011 at 01:46 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:42 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry, jj...if it's any comfort, we've all been there. Now that you've got it out of your system, though, onward and upward.

Mern, can't complain too much if it was all healthy. Sometimes varying calories has a lot of benefit to it.

Well, I faced the music this morning. I hate to think of what it would have been if I had done it last week or earlier this week.

I'm a pound over the upper end of my comfort range, two pounds above "bikini weight," and three pounds above the weight I like to get to, though it seems difficult to stay at and is probably not realistic, if I'm being honest. So, I have some work to do (not that I didn't know that already). I just need to keep reminding myself that I'm still fine; I haven't failed and can't use it as an excuse for giving up. The good news is that my body fat % showed up just where I like it, so either I'm still in good shape or some of that weight is water.

I'll try to be good this weekend and not make the scale too much of a stranger . Just got home from doing groceries and there's a bunch of healthy stuff in the fridge, so NO EXCUSES!

Have a great day, all!
Old 04-15-2011, 01:59 AM
Super Moderator

quinn, it's my pimp cane, you betta recognize!
Old 04-15-2011, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

Ok Cassie,

Living up to my promise, I got on the scale today as well. I'm 2 lbs. up from where I like to be and 4 lbs. up from my lowest. I agree... I'm glad that I didn't get on LAST Friday! And I also agree that staying at my lowest weight may not be realistic until the weather improves and I can burn some serious calories outdoors. Oh well. To be completely honest, I thought it would be much worse, as the weather hasn't allowed me to get outside long enough to burn any calories for awhile now.

Good luck tomorrow at the tournament, with challenging eating situations and the MIL. lol

Holy cow! You already went grocery shopping this morning??? Wow. That's my plan for today, as well. But I haven't made it past the "pony tail and sweats" stage...

Back To Discipline Week For Me: Thursday

* 1200 calories or less until I get hold of myself. Y, Y, 1361 (...over by a ff latte. ) close
* Daily neighborhood walks, as weather permits. Y, Y, N, Y
* Keep water bottle with me all day long. Y, Y, Y, Y
* Totally eliminate bread, cereals, peanut butter, frozen yogurt and
cheese until I regain my composure. One piece of cornbread... I had to make sure it was suitable to serve my family, right? One more piece of cornbread. One more piece of cornbread AND a home-made granola bar... ugh!, one granola bar.
* Log EVERYTHING! Y, Y, Y, Y
* Multi-vitamin daily. Y, Y, Y, Y
* 3-4 fruits and veggies, minimum, daily. 4, 3, 3, 3

* Finish cleaning vehicles. N, YES!!!
* Finish Prom dress. N, N, N, N
* Clean and reorganize one kitchen cupboard a day. (Busy work so that I
don't eat while the weather is bad.) 2, 0 (not home), 2, Yes! One nasty one, the spice cupboard. Yuck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.