Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11

Old 04-14-2011, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by taubele
Mike: RIP scale! Have a little funeral? And I'm sorry, with all of this talk about you on the corner I'm just picturing you with a pimp hat and cane...(Forgive me!)
kinda like this?
Old 04-14-2011, 12:46 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by blackrhino2
haha, almeeker, that is a hilarious description...esp about the UPS getup. I'm imagining a group of UPS delivery dudes doing side planks.

my sister and i had a cindy crawford workout video way back when i was in elementary or middle school. Cindy had a short and annoying trainer with an unidentifiable accent who would say things like "higher, cindy, kick HIGHER." Emily and I would talk back to him or just try to impersonate his accent. We were also great at calling Cindy out on any dumb mistakes she made when confusing left and right feet or something. I remember not being able to complete exercises bc I was laughing so hard. Fun times in my basement!
OMG I thought I was the only one that remembered the Cindy Crawford video!!! Okay it begs the question, why why why would you intentionally make a workout video knowing full darn well that you CANNOT count to 8 all by yourself? The only workout videos I've watched that were worse were by Joan London, who for the record cannot simultaneously count and sweat, is completely uncoordinated and doesn't know her right from her left. Which when you think of it should have been the perfect workout for me!
Old 04-14-2011, 12:52 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Almeeker, great job on the exercise after the extra calories. "dd's on the edge of warfare"--ah, that's something I don't miss about having kids under foot every day. Spoiling the kids and then sending them home is much more fun. LOL OMG "hot UPS workers" on the cardio DVD. That totally cracked me up.
Go ahead and laugh now sister. I think we should pass the hat and buy Mern a copy, so we can all watch her log in with "completed 5 minutes of Bob, goal full hour of Bob". Every time I do that DVD I think, "oh this isn't so bad, I'm just a little sweaty and gasping for air, OMG there is like 42 freaking minutes left, I hate that man, and what is UP with those UPS uniforms?, UPS workers are never that hot".

Last edited by almeeker; 04-14-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:58 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
kinda like this?
Oh, so when you described yourself as a "short little dude", you actually meant leprechaun?
Old 04-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, I can see Mern's time intervals with the Bob DVD! That's probably not a bad way to go about it, actually!

I pull that one out when I want to punish myself for being too fast and loose with the food. I kind of talk myself out of it more often than not, though, because once I wore my HRM and it only gave me ~260 calorie burn. I know it's building muscle, but still...

Oh, yeah, Mike, that's the look! Pimps all have catchy names; maybe we'll give you "Lucky"?

I guess Cindy & Joan make us look fondly on Richard Simmons, eh? My FIL, who used to be based in LA, was on a flight with him once from NYC. Supposedly Richard got off the plane, shook himself, and proclaimed, "Oh, I feel like a tossed salad!" But I'll bet he can count to 8 .
Old 04-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Oh, so when you described yourself as a "short little dude", you actually meant leprechaun?
Originally Posted by cjohnson728

Oh, yeah, Mike, that's the look! Pimps all have catchy names; maybe we'll give you "Lucky"?
yep, it took me a while to realize that when I incorporated the Lucky Chams jingle into my into my work it would have a great impact on my $$. So I get dressed in my get up and walk around saying "magically delicious".
Old 04-14-2011, 01:17 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Eat clean and kept calories 1,350-1,600. 1,619, 1,901, 2,355, 1,290
2. Drink 96 oz of water. Y, Y, Y, Y
3. Exercise 6 hours. 91 min, 26 min, 102 min, 0 min (total 3:39)
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week. -844, -475, -194, -955 (total 2,274)
5. Carbs 45% or lower, Protein 30% or higher. (44c/28p), (47c/30p), (45c/27p), (48c/26p)
6. Log food and report every day even weekends. Y, Y, Y, Y

Non-Fitness Goals:

7. Get DD practicing for State finals (without too much nagging). NO, NO, NO, NO but we talked about it and she is planning to work on it Sat.
8. Sign up for Summerfest Race. NO, NO, NO, NO
9. Call the pharmacy. DONE
10. Call the eye doctor and read her the riot act. NO, NO, NO, NO
11. Smile more, bitch less and (stealing from Crimpet) 10 push-ups for infractions. 10 push-ups, 10 push-ups, YES, YES
12. Clean out pantry area in basement. 19 bags, No but cleaned the stove top which was a HUGE mess. 10 more bags. No, had Mr. Screamy Pants today.
13. Order parts for elliptical (added Monday) NO, DONE

7-Day Challenge:

I challenge each and every one of you to log in over the weekend and report to the thread. I made myself do it last weekend, and although I did go over my calorie budget it helped me to curb some of my random weekend binging.

Calorie-wise I was totally in control today, well okay that's not exactly true. I had to take care of that collicky baby boy today, so every time I wanted a snack he started screaming. I did find my old baby sling in the basement (wonder of wonders), so next week I'll try him in that. It'll be like a flack jacket workout wearing him around the house, but I'm willing to try just about anything to not have to listen to 5-6 hours of screaming.

Oh, and I meant to chime in on the question of how to handle the Easter candy issue (OMG Cassie those eggs sound crazy yummy to me). I have a handful of candy for the baskets, but not too much maybe equal to a pair of king sized candy bars for each of the girls. Enough that they each get some, but not so much that they'll share it with me. Normally they get a recipe of things, a new outfit, a toy, a new DVD, and maybe something to go with the outfit (shoes, socks, hair junk, tights etc). The last 3-4 years the new outfit has been an Easter dress. But this year they all got one before Easter, so that's done. This year they are all getting new bikes, and then on Easter weather permitting we're going on a trail ride.

Last edited by almeeker; 04-14-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:22 PM
FitDay Member

haha almeeker/sleeker, i'm glad you did cindy too! i feel like cindy's workout was much harder than my mom's jane fonda tapes. although I loved jane's outfits! i actually still have some of cindy's leg workout memorized. remember the sumo wrestler moves? haa.

maybe one day i'll really challenge myself with the UPS dvd you guys are doing...but i'm not ready yet!

the only ever workout video i've ever done (and only once) was tae bo.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:26 PM
FitDay Member

Morning!

Acameron – yeah, I’m trying to ease up a little bit. I’ve put aside pull ups and chin ups for now and am currently substituting pushups, and I’m taking longer breaks to get my heart rate down a bit more than usual. And yes, I do take it for granted that I live in one of the most beautiful countries in the world – not only that, but a gorgeous country area full of rolling green hills and forestry.
You are super busy this week! Nice to hear you’re slogging through it all with a smile – oh, and good luck with your mantra today!

Lindsey – wow, you’re halfway through spring and still getting snow? Never mind – you’re doing a great job on the goals you can control this week. And doing your hair is a good step towards dressing yourself up.

Terri – ah, blue eyeshadow . . . blue eyeliner, blue mascara . . . come on, if you’re going to do it, you’ve got to do it all. And yes, it is mandatory that your legwarmers be fluorescent orange.
You’re halfway there on your weekly deficit. Good job! Are you enjoying those protein smoothies?

Almeeker – we have about seven nappy boxes full of my 8yo’s clothes to pass on, though I’m wondering if it’s worth keeping it all and lugging it from house to house for so many years – on top of that, we have about five nappy boxes full of the clothes that don’t fit the 1yo anymore, either. Why do kids grow out of clothes so fast? I think the next clothes shopping spree will be a trip to the hardware to pick up a good, solid length of potato sacking.
The bike ride on Easter sounds like a fantastic idea!

Mern – I was thinking about what I’d written last night about boy’s nappies and hoping it didn’t come across too confronting . . . I’m glad you saw it for the humour it was meant to contain. So how many grandkids do you have? I think you’ve answered this before, but I’ve forgotten.

Cassie – wow, nice job on the tennis match! Did you win?

Mike – hilarious.

Fitness Goals:

1. Keep heart rate below 140bpm while exercising. ?? Forgot to put on my HRM, highest 145, I think so.
2. Take the pram out of my car’s boot and go for a brisk walk each day. No, it rained. Yes, approx 5km. No, I slept, instead.
3. Keep water intake at 2L per day. Yes! Yes. Yes.
4. Enjoy carbs!! Hell yes! Mmmm . . . I missed vegemite on toast! Oooh, potato!
5. Find some alternative for delicious ginger nut biscuits to ease nausea (I’d eat those all day if I could). Ginger Ale - possibly Saltines. Getting Saltine substitutes. The water crackers seem to work. Mission Accomplished.
6. Get at least 7 hours of sleep per day. 7.5 hours! 6 hours. 2 hour nap + about half hour night sleep = not enough.

Non-Fitness Goals

1. Get everything organised for birthday festivities for 1yo and my partner, who both celebrate on 22nd April. Partner's presents organised. 1yo’s presents organized. Confirmed who’s coming.

Tuesday Consequences: 50 Star Jumps
Wednesday Consequences: 100 Star Jumps (in two ‘sessions’)
Thursday Consequences: 100 Star Jumps (in two ‘sessions’)

Feeling decidedly chirpy this morning, despite the fact that a certain two 8yos did not sleep a single wink last night (so neither did I). They’re tired and grumpy with each other now, and I think, almeeker, there may be warfare over a game of Monopoly . . . waiting for his mum to come pick him up before they behead each other and I have to clean up the mess. Got my Legs and Back workout done this morning while mediating budding arguments. There will be no walk today as the driveway guy has massacred some more of the driveway and I can’t get past with a pram.

Thoroughly enjoyed my fish last night, particularly when I told the boys to make their pizzas and realised as they were sprinkling the last of the cheese on top that both of them had conveniently ‘forgotten’ to wash their hands after setting up the tent . . . ew. Tried something new with the flavouring of the fish - a bit of lemon juice, some peeled orange and a small sprinkling of cinnamon. I was wary when it came out of the oven and the steam from the fish smelled VERY cinnamon-y, but it was actually really lovely. The orange went a bit bitter, though.

Last edited by behaze; 04-14-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:35 PM
FitDay Member

Behaze, I've changed diapers on both boys and girls, and I have to say the poopy scrotum is a might easier to get clean, so long as you move fast and get the job done before you get hosed by the other part. I'm glad the water crackers are working.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.