Notices

Thyroid issues

Old 02-10-2010, 03:42 PM
FitDay Member

Default Thyroid issues

Anyone out there with hypothyroidism ?? Losing weight seems impossible...HELP!!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:21 PM
FitDay Member

I have been struggling with Hashimoto thyroiditis since 2002. Not only do I feel I can never loose weight, but I keep gaining while following a 1800 calorie diet. I am very frustrated!!!
Old 02-15-2010, 02:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by karlahink
Anyone out there with hypothyroidism ?? Losing weight seems impossible...HELP!!
I am waiting for my ultrasound test results. It seems that no matter what I try my weight goes up and down. Dr Oz says this is one of the most misdiagnois condition and even when discovered mistreated. We really have to be a advocate for our medical treatments and ask several questions.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

I have Hashimoto's. It is hard, but I'm doing well with Atkins and working out EVERYDAY. I've committed to staying on plan and exercising everyday for 20 weeks. So far, so good. It is possible, just have to celebrate small losses and be proud of yourself for putting in the effort.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:54 AM
FitDay Member

Yes I have hypothyroid too. Was on meds for over 20 years for it then quit the meds. Weight went up big time. But now I seem to have over come the need for the meds as much and am coping with the other side effects. Was taking Iodoral and some other things. Not doing anything right now. Struggle to have high energy. Trying to get good nights sleep on regular time schedule. Trying to exercise just a little working up to it now as I am healing from an illness. The mood swings seem to have stopped after being off the thyroid meds for about 4 years. Weight is so slow to go down. I have been on 1200 to 1300 calories for about 7 months and only lost 12 pounds so far. I am 5'5". Still I am deciding I am happy with that for now and keep trying to be careful with my eating and build up my exercising and eventually I will loose. It is just very slow.

Maggie
Old 02-20-2010, 01:26 PM
FitDay Member

I've seen the Stop the Thyroid Madness website highly recommended.