Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/4/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/4/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/4/11

Old 04-09-2011, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator

So now that I'm feeling like I had a little fun it's time to run to the store and get me some food.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

crappy cell phone pic

you basically stand upright holding dumbbells, lift one leg slightly and go back with your leg as you lean forward. I go until my hands are about mid shin or lower then go back up. Try not to touch your other foot on the ground if possible. Try a weight that's heavy enough to do 4-6 reps. Rest for 75 seconds, then repeat until you hit 20 reps total, then do the other leg.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:19 AM
FitDay Member

OMG, Mike! Incredible pictures! I'll have to look more at those later and read how you did them.

On the run right now--will try to catch up with you all later.

Friday report:

Calorie limit 1600 1178, 1771, 1516, 1547, 1367
Calorie deficit (includes exercise) goal 1037 1469, 876, 1131, 1100, 1280
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 24g, 26.7g, 18.2g, 23.6g., just 12.7g
Protein target 120g 111.6g 138.3g, 146.7g, 149.4g, 148.1
Limit sugar free candy to 2 pieces per day 0, 2, 3, 2, 0
Limit additional artificial sweetener to 2 packets per day 2, 2, 0, 0. 0
Limit diet soda to one every other day 0, 0, 0, 0. 0

Water 64 oz. per day Yes Yes YES YES YES

Exercise 1/2 hour 6 days Yes Yes YES YES YES

Last edited by Mern; 04-09-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:56 AM
FitDay Member

Saturday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Eat clean and kept calories 1,350-1,850 all week. 2,326, 1,499, 1,801, 1,667, 3,107, 1,777
2. Drink 96 oz of water. YES, YES, YES, YES, NO YES,
3. Exercise 6 hours. 42 min, 0 min, 62 min, 121 min, 60 min, 60 min (total 5:45)
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week. +116, -603, -458, -1,088, +782, -316 (total -1,567)
5. Carbs 45% or lower, Protein 40% or higher. (58% c / 13% p), (28% c / 36% p), (35% c / 24% p), (43% c / 34% p), (50% c/ 16% p), (41% c/ 36% p)
6. Log food and report every day even weekends. YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES

Non-Fitness Goals:

7. Get DD practicing for State finals (without too much nagging). A little, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO
8. Sign up for Summerfest Race. NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO
9. Call my grandmother and aunt. NO, NO, NO, NO, YES
10. Call the eye doctor and read her the riot act. NO, NO, NO, NO, I actually called but did not get through - twice., NO
11. Be a fun and entertaining mom, (kiddos are on Spring Break). YES, took the kids to see the butterflies exhibit and out to lunch. YES, took the kids shopping for shoes and out to eat. Maybe, I'm trying to teach them how to sew, which is a lot harder than I thought. Not so much, the baby screamed his head off for 3-4 hours, and I'm not exaggerating. Yes, helped the kiddos sew pajamas, little DD's are now finished (super cute) and she wore them to bed once already. Did some more pajama sewing, and then went and picked up a rabbit cage for the oldest DD.

Today went well diet and exercise wise. The legs actually hurt a little, this was the first day since maybe November that I've walked outside for my workout. I started out walking to the gym for my usual Sat weight lifting, and ended up speed walking for the entire time instead. It felt great! I'm so glad that winter seems to be waning - finally. I want to pull the bike out and take it for a spin (the mountain variety not a motorcycle), but it looks like I have to finish the taxes and do some yard work first.

Mike, great job on the pictures, almost looks like you went on a vacation, a fun, money-is-no-object sort of vacation. Is that first shot the Autobahn? Looks like a particular stretch in Austria. Thanks for the fanny workout pics, I've done that one before and it does hurt the next day.

Mern, great job on your goals this week, you are rocking it woman!!!

Maybe next week I need to issue a challenge that all of you weekend slackers on this thread must report at least once and type something witty.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:39 PM
FitDay Member

Hope everyone's having an awesome weekend! It's been really nice here for the last few days so I've trying to get a lot done. I'm afraid I'm with some of you who have fallen off the wagon a bit lately. Don't know what it is. (...maybe all of the fresh air?) But, I've been just starving! I'm eating clean, but just way too much and the scale is starting to inch up. Monday will be back to self-discipline for me.

Mike,

Thanks so much for offering help on the claim. Surprisingly, it's going almost too smoothly. I've had claims with this company before and it hasn't been easy. But, this time, they can't do enough for me... just seems odd. I live in a "no-fault" state and my biggest worry is that my premiums will increase when I renew as they are insanely high now. I haven't had any tickets and no accidents that were my fault and yet my premiums are killing me. I'm insuring 3 new vehicles and I seriously can't afford any more rate increases, especially when it wasn't my fault. It's a pretty big claim... over $1100, so I'm a little worried. The worst part is that it will be in the shop for 3-4 days... 20 hours of labor!

Those are great pics! I dabble in photography myself. Most of the "artwork" in my home are black and whites that I've taken throughout the years.

Cassie,

Great job on the zip line! I'm not sure even I'd try that. At least with my climbing, it's slow... Anything high AND fast... I think I would wet myself.

Terri,

So jealous of your romantic evening stroll... I'd trade that for working out any night!!! My husband and I often walk in the summer, late in the evening. (That's usually when I have my dog issues. LOL People let their dog out, unleashed, for their last pee of the night just as I'm walking by! lol When you described your walk, it reminded me of a trip that I took to Tampa one August. I went for a walk along the ocean and was chased into the water by a crazy, vicious raccoon. The next day, I was told that they search for food in the hotel dumpsters at night. I can still picture myself standing fully clothed, in about 3' of water, waiting for the snarling thing to leave! LOL I must have looked like a fool!

Almeeker,

I know! What is it about pancakes! I have no willpower when they're put in front of me. (Especially if cute little hands made them... I would have eaten them all, too. ) My father in law makes his own maple syrup every year... OMG! I'm drooling just thinking about it. I make some insanely good Belgian Waffles, too... whipped cream, apple butter...wow, I've gotta stop... Good thing there's not an IHOP near me! lol
Old 04-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

Mike, those are very cool pics. I'm glad you posted them. Will have to show them to my son...like most teen boys, he loves cars.

Almeeker, good job staying on plan today. I feel like I've been fighting with myself all day (all week, actually, but today is rough).

Terri...sorry the game didn't go so well today. I'm actually an Orioles fan mostly, but I've always liked the Red Sox in an "any enemy of the Yankees is an enemy of mine" kind of way . Kind of surprised with all the buzz about Manny these past couple days, though.

Quinn, I thought of you tonight...we did pizza on the grill. I made the wheat crust again but added some oregano and garlic into it this time...much better. I used the pizza stone on the grill; we'll have to experiment with temperature a bit, but it was very good. Thought about doing some granola bars and/or muffins, but with me in the munchie mood, that idea was vetoed! The mental picture of the raccoon had me rollling, btw!

I've just been hungry, hungry, hungry...though nothing else has really changed. It's really been detrimental to not have the energy to exercise; I haven't done anything since Monday I am going to try to hit the weights tonight, though. I definitely feel more of a jiggle than I did a few weeks ago, and worse, I don't like the frequency with which I'm backsliding It would be nice to stay on the horse for a change, instead of getting back in the saddle all the time.

Desperate times call for desperate measures; I'm taping the bathing suit back up on the pantry door, seeing as how Annie's Bunnies were on sale and three boxes jumped into my grocery cart!
Old 04-10-2011, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

Saturday report:

NOT down 1 1/2 lbs. as I thought I could be. Scale for the past two days shows only 1/2 lb. loss again so far this week, but 1/2 lb. is a whole darned lot better than nothing, so I'm still happy.

Calorie limit 1600 1178, 1771, 1516, 1547, 1367, 1584
Calorie deficit (includes exercise) goal 1037 1469, 876, 1131, 1100, 1280, 1063
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 24g, 26.7g, 18.2g, 23.6g, 12.7g, 13.9g
Protein target 120g 111.6g 138.3g, 146.7g, 149.4g, 148.1g, 132.1g
Limit sugar free candy to 2 pieces per day 0, 2, 3, 2, 0 bad--two whole servings, zero carb but 320 calories altogether
Limit additional artificial sweetener to 2 packets per day 2, 2, 0, 0. 0, equivalent of one packet in a low carb muffin
Limit diet soda to one every other day 0, 0, 0, 0. 0, 3 ounces

Water 64 oz. per day Yes Yes YES YES YES YES

Exercise 1/2 hour 6 days Yes Yes YES YES YES YES

Last edited by Mern; 04-10-2011 at 02:06 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:06 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, give it a couple days...I'm sure you will be back down. That sort of thing happens a lot...so frustrating. If you think about it, you can't weigh "artificially low;" you can't be lower than you actually are, but you can weigh "artifically high" due to water, etc. You're doing GREAT!

JJ, sounds like you had an enjoyable day with your friend. Have a relaxing day today; hope you get your bike ride in!

Goal check-in for Saturday:

1. Stick to calorie goal. Yes, No, Yes, Yes, Yes, No
2. Keep carbs at 50% or below. 48% No, 50%, 50%, 51%, 49%
3. 3 sports bottles of water. Yes, Yes, No-throat too sore to drink much, No but lots of tea, No, Yes
4. 5 fruits and veggies daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. 7 hours of sleep a night (at least). Yes-a whopping 8! No-6.75, no-6, Yes-7, Yes-7, Yes-8
6. Log everything, even cough drops. Yes, No, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

7. Monday...plan Spring Break week schedule...written down, not just in head! Yes
8. Second coat all upstairs doors by end of weekend. Not yet
9. Annual Spring Break clearing of closets and dressers. Likely be the start of summer break chore
10. Finish all work (including outstanding billing) by Wednesday; take Thursday & Friday off. Yes
11. Find/order faucets for bathroom sinks & tub. I may wait until I'm done throwing money in other directions
12. Get strawberries and herbs going; it's late! Not yet

I was so hungry all day yesterday. I went over my burned calories by about 150, but I feel good that I didn't let it slip and go completely off the rails like I have several days over the past few months. I can also say that everything I ate was clean (except for 1/2 C. frozen yogurt, and even that's not too, too bad) and that I was honestly hungry every time I ate. I need to get my good habits back!

Hope you all have an enjoyable day
Old 04-10-2011, 02:43 AM
FitDay Member

Almeeker- I cannot believe that they did that to you with your braces! How horrible! I'm sorry but I can't help but laugh about how your mom does home medical treatments! It's horribly funny, and I can deffinently imagine the look on your friends faces if you started to complain that it wasn't bad enough and needs to be worse. lol My mom wasn't THAT bad about it, Thank God! lol
Also, love your fun idea for the a new thread

BlackRhino- CONGRATS!! Let us know when you got an exact date! SO EXCITING! I love weddings

Mern- I agree with Cjohnson. It'll come off, and you're doing so great it's bound to. Congrats on the .5 though!!

CJohnson- I think giving a little leway is important on those days. You're doing extremely good, and you're still recovering from being sick. Your body is probably craving that extra caloric intake to help get over that last bit. I know I get extremely hungry after being sick, especially if I hadn't eaten as much during illness.

Mike- Awesome pics! I thought they were real, until I read your post. I saw them in reverse order lol Great job!!

Everyone is doing so awesome! ^_^
Old 04-10-2011, 04:58 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie,

I'm with you. I've been soooo hungry lately and I can't seem to fill up. A lot of people that I've talked to are the same way... I wonder why???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.