Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/28/2011 >

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/28/2011

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/28/2011

Old 03-29-2011, 12:32 AM
FitDay Member

I'll reply to everyone tomorrow. I had a hectic day, had company come over and I boiled another sack of crawfish and grilled for everyone. Just cleared out the house except for a few extra kids, about to unwind and call it a day.
I miss crawfish! I was from Slidell too before I came to Turkey a few years ago. Moved there after Katrina from Metairie and lived off of Queensbury then Frontage road. =D Loved it there!
Old 03-29-2011, 12:48 AM
FitDay Member

I like the idea of "Back To Basics" as well. So, here's this weeks list:

* Forget the pie chart for one week and keep calories to a "clean" 1400 or less. Way under... no time to eat much yesterday.
* Hike (heavy pack) twice this week. Probably Wednesday.
* Spring's here... resume daily neighborhood walks. Again, sadly, no time.
* 100 oz. of water daily, minimum. Yes.

* Stop buying jelly beans already!!! Geesh! So far, so good.
* Clean two more closets. Probably Wednesday.
* Keep on top of applications and deadlines. 4.5 hours of paperwork yesterday... ugh.
* Smile more... bitch less. (Does "nagging" your children count as bitching?)
Old 03-29-2011, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
* Smile more... bitch less. (Does "nagging" your children count as bitching?)[/COLOR][/I]
IDK, nagging is my own mother's preferred way of speaking to me, so I prefer to think of "nagging" as a sign of affection. If we go with that definition than I've shown my kiddos plenty of affection today .
Old 03-29-2011, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
IDK, nagging is my own mother's preferred way of speaking to me, so I prefer to think of "nagging" as a sign of affection. If we go with that definition than I've shown my kiddos plenty of affection today .
I'm the type that has to have everything completed far before a deadline and daughter's the type that thrives on waiting until the very last possible second. No room for error, with her method. She always seems to make it, but it drives me insane!
Old 03-29-2011, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Crimpet
I miss crawfish! I was from Slidell too before I came to Turkey a few years ago. Moved there after Katrina from Metairie and lived off of Queensbury then Frontage road. =D Loved it there!
Yeah I love crawfish, too bad they are so expensive now. After easter the price should drop though. Slidell is a nice place but I kinda want to get away. What brought you to Turkey?
Old 03-29-2011, 02:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I'm the type that has to have everything completed far before a deadline and daughter's the type that thrives on waiting until the very last possible second. No room for error, with her method. She always seems to make it, but it drives me insane!
I'm with you. We refer to our son as "Captain Pull-It-Out-of-His-Rear" because in some charmed way, even though he waits till the very last minute, it always comes out great. How I am supposed to teach a life lesson with no natural consequences on this is beyond me.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I'm with you. We refer to our son as "Captain Pull-It-Out-of-His-Rear" because in some charmed way, even though he waits till the very last minute, it always comes out great. How I am supposed to teach a life lesson with no natural consequences on this is beyond me.
That's exactly what I'm dealing with with this one.

My oldest never brought a book home in high school, but always remained on the Honor Roll. His junior year, he brought no books home to study for finals. I was so livid that I grounded him until he could show me his test scores. After 2 weeks of sitting home every night, he dropped four A-'s and a B+ in my lap for some pretty high level classes. He looked at me and asked, "Can I go now?" I'm with you. No teachable moment... no consequences.

(Of course he got his butt kicked in college, but that's another story...)
Old 03-29-2011, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

Terri, that story made me cringe. I had something similar happen a few years back, it sucked.
Quinn, I like the smile more bitch less attitude.
Rose, she’s doing fine, how’s your baby doing? I had company over and Chloe’ seems to think she’s a lap dog. It’s funny to see her sit up on someone. Poor thing acts like she’s starved for attention.
Cassie, Chloe’ is doing well, thanks.
Almeeker, congrats on the -833 cals! I had some rice cakes yesterday too, yummy.
Jacqueline, good job on the green tea and water.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:21 AM
Super Moderator

Well… I sort of had a situation, well maybe not a situation but felt uncomfortable.
(I’m sorry if this offends anyone)

I logged into my YouTube account and noticed that I had a comment on one of my videos, so I clicked on it to check it out. It was a simple “marry me”. I thought that it was odd b/c I don’t usually get strange or flirtatious comments, usually just support. So my next thought was to click on the user name and check this person out. Well it turns out that this person is a guy. Needless to say I felt very awkward. Usually when I get a friend request, I don’t accept if it’s from guy and his YT page looks to be one where he’s more interested in seeing shirtless guys than weight loss, if you know what I mean. So this isn’t a “friend”, just a random comment. So I deleted the comment and blocked the user. What someone does in their personal life is their business but the thought of some guy “enjoying” my video disturbed me. That may not have been the case but to think it could have been was too much for me. Am I overreacting?
Old 03-29-2011, 03:33 AM
Super Moderator

Aww, thanks for the smoothie ideas everyone! I will use them. I'm so helpless, haha, but adding fruit/fro-yo/etc. will probably be all I need. I think I'll start with banana, it usually never lets me down! Oooh, or strawberries...

jj: Hope your personal life settles down soon and you can just take a big 'ol breath and smile

Molly: I don't know HOW I missed your story about the cyclist, but way to go! I'm glad he was okay. You guys did the perfectly right thing just staying with him!

Rose: I hope you have a GREAT vacation with your Mom. There will be no meteors, it is forbidden!!! You had a rough week, karma needs to catch up and be kind, and it'll start soon I think. If you're feeling like having a goofy/fun time at a (unfortunately expensive) restaurant, might I recommend a place called "Ninja"? Look them up! They're awesome! Also, I'm so glad your little man is feeling better. Bringing him with you to NY?

Cassie: I hope you're feeling better soon!

Sandi: He had a tetanus shot about 6 years ago - they last ten years, right? >.> Now I shall be on the prowl for lockjaw! And thanks for the smoothie ideas!! I can't even IMAGINE jaws wired shut, goodness...

behaze: Healthcare is such a fun issue in America I won't even get into it, lol. Suffice it to say that I think we got off lucky, since we could pull it out ourselves. You TOTALLY ROCK!!! Way to go on the Pylo!

Mike: That's a difficult situation. Discomfort is discomfort, and your video wasn't meant in a sexual way. If a guy is enjoying it in that way, you're correct, it is his business. I don't think the comment was necessarily inflammatory, but it probably was a little inappropriate simply because your video is about your weight loss, not about your sexual nature (at least I assume? ). If it were me, I think I would have just ignored it, but I don't think deleting it is bad.

Weekly Goals:

Fitness, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals:
1) Under 1400 calories, track everything M: yes, 1,355
2) Average 30% protein for the week M: 17% (weekly average: 17%)
3) 96 oz. water daily M: yes
4) 5 hours of exercise, split between weights and hard cardio M: day off
5) Use heart rate monitor each workout this week M: N/A
6) Use new protein powder in a shake after each workout (though the taste is blergh. I need a smoothie recipe!): M: N/A

Non-Fitness Goals:
1) One hour of needlework every night M: not quite an hour, but close
2) Rework 2 original chapters for book by Wednesday M: DONE! Go me!
3) Focus on extra work coming, do whatever hours are necessary this week/weekend M: N/A
4) Buy a couple of small plants for the apartment, the place needs some green! M: N/A

Mmmm...Jelly beans...Jelly Belly jelly beans brings back FOND memories.

And thanks everyone for your concern over BF. <3 He did keep gauze on it and wore a latex glove under his work gloves, and I checked it at home and it looked ok -- I'm not an M.D. or a nurse, though I have taken emergency first aid classes. So...that makes me like 10% qualified, right? >.>

His finger is a little swollen (as to be expected) and as he says "deep-sore", but there's no suspect over-redness nor any puss or overt signs of infection in the wound on either side. It was a clean through-and-through at the very least. He's got the day off today, so I hope he just keeps it covered and doesn't suddenly think he's "better" now since he managed 24 hours, haha.

Yesterday was WAY too low on protein. I'm a bit disappointed in myself, but I had a very stressful afternoon. I just can try to do better today and tomorrow and get my workout/protein powder in with all these lovely recipes!!!

Have a good Tuesday!

~Terri

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.