Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/28/2011 >

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/28/2011

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/28/2011

Old 03-29-2011, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by taubele
Mike: That's a difficult situation. Discomfort is discomfort, and your video wasn't meant in a sexual way. If a guy is enjoying it in that way, you're correct, it is his business. I don't think the comment was necessarily inflammatory, but it probably was a little inappropriate simply because your video is about your weight loss, not about your sexual nature (at least I assume? ). If it were me, I think I would have just ignored it, but I don't think deleting it is bad.
It was a chinup challenge that I was doing. I did have my shirt off, but nothing that I'd consider sexual in any way.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

well here i am late again sigh

weight
~ eat on planm no, t yes, w yes
~ 90 oz of water each day m no], t yes, w 3/4
~ log all food i eat m no], t yes, w yes
~ cardio 4 times this weekm yes, t yes, w yes, t yes
~ strength 4 times this week
~ yoga 3 times this week
~ write in my notebook how i'm feeling when i 'want' to eat something off plan m no], t yes, w yes

non~ weight
~ continue doing hair & basic makeup every day. m yes, t yes, w yes, t yes
~ clean apartment & get back into a routine. having a hard time with this one. m no, wed no], t yes

well i got on the scale this morning & was up to 159 sigh. oh well can only blame me. some of it might be sodium. i need to do better during the weekends.

Last edited by staceyalberta; 03-31-2011 at 03:46 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:27 AM
Super Moderator

Terri, glad the finger is on the mend. No offense to your guy, but I'm glad something didn't happen to YOU for a change .

Mike, sounds like you handled your YouTube issue appropriately. There's no telling what the dude meant. People are strange sometimes. I can tell you from firsthand experience that there are a bunch of teenage boys on YouTube and I am certain stupid comments and "I dare you" comments abound. Maybe this guy never grew up, who knows?

It's not overreacting if it makes you feel comfortable and doesn't hurt anyone else, IMO.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

mike ~ your chinup cahallenge sounds exhausing. i'd be a little uncomfortable with the comment too so i don't blame you for deleting it.

julia ~ i haven't weighed in for two weeks myself ~yikes~ good luck with WW this week.

almeekper ~ that peanut butter does sound yummy

jjeand ~ good luck in your goals this week. we can do it...lol. that's good that you are in a good place about breaking up with your boyfriend.

rose ~ glad to see you back. hope this week is better for you.

rhoda ~ hope you had a good birthday.

sorry if i missed anyone

Last edited by staceyalberta; 03-29-2011 at 04:35 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
It was a chinup challenge that I was doing. I did have my shirt off, but nothing that I'd consider sexual in any way.
In that case, the comment was at best immature/irrelevant and at worst inappropriate. In my mind, overreacting would have been saying something to him and/or getting angry about it. Ignoring/deleting? Not so much. Don't worry yourself over it

Cassie: Haha! Me too! I'm such a klutz. But I'm injury-free for the moment Thanks.

jj: Good call on exBF. Calling in the middle of the night when you have a kid about a CD? Pffffffft. Drunk is no excuse. He can find his own darned CD.

I have trouble with cals/protein too. Fish is usually good for this for me, especially something like tilapia or tuna. Lentils and beans (legumes) are good for this too, though watch out for sodium with canned beans. Good luck!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

Molly, I've been at the scene of dozens of accidents (my mom is a nurse, so she's quick to slam on the breaks and stop in the middle of the road to do her thing). I can tell you from experience that you did exactly the right thing. Have you taken First Aide or ALS (Advanced Life Safety)? If not you might want to check into taking some of those classes. I've been taking them since I was 16 or so and I always learn something new when I go and get my re-certification. I think you're a natural in the event of an emergency.

Mike that is uncomfortable and I think you did the right thing with the delete and block reaction, at the very least your response was loud and clear. There are some real weirdos out there. If it had to happen at least it was on-line and not via stalker down the street. BTW I don't think there is anything about your video that invites that sort of reaction, you seem pretty darn straight to me and I have excellent gay-dar. A proposal of marriage from a complete stranger and weird man to boot, is not the end of the world, happens to me all the time.

Cassie and Quinn, I rarely disagree with you two, but I have to back the "Pull-it-out-of-thin-air" club this time. I'm a lifelong member and really when it comes right down to it, I did not turn out all that bad. Some people just perform better (much much better) with a little pressure (or even a lot), and cannot (or won't be bothered to) perform with out it. BTW a nagging mother does not really create the same sort of pressure as a real deadline. That's all I'm saying on the subject.

jjeand, good for you on ignoring him, let him find his own damn music. It's probably just a ploy to get your attention anyway. As far as I can tell this "healthy diet" business isn't easy, but it does get easier. Some of my quick go-to foods are Greek yogurt, broccoli, tuna, boiled eggs, ff cottage cheese, low cal bread, apples, oranges, Laughing Cow cheese wedges and sugar-free pudding cups.

terri, good luck on your smoothie adventures. We have chocolate and vanilla protein powder in our house, both are whey, and I find the vanilla easier to experiment with. Although yesterday I bought some Nutella on sale and I'm thinking a little of that blended with the chocolate could be a really short drive to "taste bud heaven" right here on earth. Glad to hear the BF's finger hasn't gotten infected. To be on the safe side I would have him soak it in warm soapy water (or with Epsom salt) a couple of times this week.

Well I gotta go, in spite of the fact that I waved a magic wand at the dirty laundry, it refuses to get up and jump in the washing machine on it's own. And now the timer is screaming at me.

Last edited by almeeker; 03-29-2011 at 05:11 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

agrees with taubele jjean let him find his own cd.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:21 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I just had time to skim the rest of the posts, so besides the individuals addressed below, I congratulate everyone doing well and send big hugs to those who are struggling.

Crimpet, on the drink to speed up metabolism that came out horribly yucky, I put the cucumber, skin and all, in the food processor and whirred it until it was almost liquid. Maybe I should have peeled it, but I thought with the skin it might add some nutrition. Any solids still in there fell to the bottom of the pitcher and I just left them there--maybe straining that out would have helped, but I doubt it. I forgot besides lemon and ginger, it also had spearmint. I didn't find it refreshing at all. YUCK! LOL I looked for the recipe but don't still have it and don't remember where I got it--seems like it was in a magazine.

Cassie, wow, amazing that you cooked a pot of soup while feeling bad yourself. How's the rest of the family feeling?

Terri, sorry to read about BF's accident. Sounds awfully painful and I do hope he can keep it clean. Congrats on the weight loss--that's a nice showing since 3/9!!!

Rhoda, belated happy birthday wishes!

Almeeker, I was sitting here with a spring allergy headache and cracked up when I read your post to jjeand to go out and buy new panties for her new start without bf. LOL

Jjeand--so many of us have been there, best wishes and a big hug to ya.

Rose so sorry 'bout your sinus cold. Is it from allergies? My tree pollen allergy just gives me continual sinus headaches that go away only when I'm sleeping and it hurts just to walk across the room--so I haven't been exercising, either. Congrats on gaining only one pound from the extra carb intake. Thanks for your congrats on my teeny little loss. So glad your dog is doing better. And, golly--have fun in New York!

Sandi, your post about being behind cracked me up. It's so hard to keep up with this super-active thread. But we don't mind backtracking about the smoothies--we're always interested in what each other has to say.

Oh, wow, all the jelly bean talk. I'll have to look for some sugar free ones. I love the old fashioned kind that the Easter Bunny left in my basked when I was a kid.

Almeeker, I was really bad at Halloween when my kids were little--so many candies, like taffy and Sweet Tarts in their bags that I HAD to eat myself because I was afraid they'd choke. Mothers who eat their kids candy are doing them a great service, saving them from unnecessary carbs, calories, and sugar rushes. Eat that candy yourself and give the kids broccoli! LOL

Jacqueline, great Monday report, especially with all that exerise and the 1000 calorie deficit. Way to go!

Julia, hi! Thanks for your encouragement on my teeny weight loss. I worked for it, so I'll take what I can get. LOL Congrats to YOU for low calories even with the candy. Glad you're enjoying your book.

Mary, that worked out well that you weren't all that hungry after overeating Saturday. Sounds like your body is accustomed to adjusting.

Behaze, congrats on your loss and exercise.

Last edited by Mern; 03-29-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:59 AM
FitDay Member

Argh, still no "real" reply from this team giving feedback...the only response I have received is "I'm so glad you contacted me! It shows such a great attitude! We'll get back to you with feedback!"...and...nothing so far. Sigh, unfortunately, there isn't another team in the area really...there is a "dance" team that supports the semi-pro lacrosse team...but I don't really buy into the image that they like...ie: chaps + underwear as costumes, and general gyrating rather than dancing :S

This week's Goals:

1) Keep calories under 1400 M 1,176

2) Exercise 30 minutes minimum/5 days M yes

4) Keep carbs down - 170 g/day or 130%, according to my fitday meter
M: close, 178.6 g

5) Start bi-weekly (Weds/Sun) weigh-ins on Wii-Fit: it's more accurate than my bathroom scale. Sun: yes Mon: no

Non-Fitness Goals:

1) Clean kitchen M: uh...does dishes in the dishwasher count?!
2) Put away clean laundry, and tidy closet and master bathroom
M: definitely no. My response at 11pm to a bed covered in clean laundry? "ugh. I'm not dealing with this now! Tomorrow."
3) Prep guest bedroom and bathroom for visitors on Friday M: guest sheets washed...and then the stinky dog decided they made a good blanket and laid on them all night...so net progress = 0
Old 03-29-2011, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

thanks everyone for the support. As mentioned I tried to take it as a compliment, but... I have hard time with it. I don't take compliments well from females let alone a guy.

Lindsey, I can agree, chaps and underwear don't make it a costume. I mean really? What about shoes? Heck a fair trade would be the chaps for shoes, maybe. You probably don't know my sense of humor, I'M JUST KIDDING.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.