Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11

Old 03-07-2011, 06:32 AM
FitDay Member

My goals this week are a whole lot like those since my January 17 start here, but since it's working I'm going to stick with it. I'm still on target on my weight loss goal to be at 199.5 by June 26, 2011.

Daily
Calories: 1600
Carbs less fiber 25g
Protein 120g but more is fine
2-4 Tbsp. flaxmeal daily (2 Tbsp. is zero net carb, 4g fiber and 2400mg Omega-3)

64 oz. water

Walking 6 days a week--2 miles in home to DVD or at least one mile at park depending on weather.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:40 AM
FitDay Member

So I started yesterday on my journey to becoming healthy again! Might as well jump in with both feet and give this a shot!

Fitness and food goals-
1. Walk every day.
2. Go to the weight room 3 days.
3. Stick to my raw diet!
4. Drink a gallon of water a day.

Non fitness goals.
1. Go see my dad in the hospital twice.
2. Keep house clean.
3. Pay a few bills.
4. Record expenses for the month.
5. WRITE!!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:59 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, MakerBabe and beccafries. Best wishes on your goals this week.

Terri, if my grandkids ever become obese or develop pre-diabetes, I'll bet they will blame that on me along with blaming me for their missing lateral incisors. LOL But I can only hope that one of them would say "Of course she is probably the most excellent woman I've ever met..." Turkey meatballs and whole-wheat pasta sound quite delicious and healthful. My husband likes BBQ sauce on baked beans, so I can see that your BF would enjoy it on pasta. My DH isn't romantic at all--like with roses and chocolates, either. But I'm a pretty low maintenance type of gal anyway. I'd rather have practical gifts. Wanna hear something REALLY unromantic, though? DH and I had gone together for almost two years back in 1971 and I knew I was in love with him. One night I had cooked him a dinner of pork chops, mashed potatoes and green beans and as he was CHEWING ON A PORK CHOP, he complimented me on the meal and made a simple statement out of the clear blue sky: "Well, we'll get married in a couple months." But in that incident roses might have been a nice touch. LOL

Last edited by Mern; 03-07-2011 at 12:59 PM. Reason: for clarity
Old 03-07-2011, 10:42 AM
FitDay Member

feeling very tired & dragging my behind this afternoon *yawn*
Old 03-07-2011, 02:17 PM
FitDay Member

I ate 1500 cals today and did an easy-moderate workout on the elliptical this morning for 35 mins, then weights. not sure of my calorie burn at the gym but i'd say 200. so i'm hopefully at 1300 for the day which I think is good. still trying to figure out what works.

i'm proud of bringing a lunch to school even though I was going to a event that provided pizza for lunch. i ate a bit of my lunch before (didn't want to smell up the lunchroom w/ my food), which was delicious punjabi cabbage with turkey, so that I wouldn't be hungry for the pizza. I also brought an apple so I'd have something to snack on while everyone was eating pizza. I ended up eating a slice anyway, which was fine as I was able to work it into the plan.

Later on, I was still really hungry, or maybe just bored, but I felt like I was hungry and I ate another piece at 3pm. Even though I had also eaten the rest of my punjabi cabbage by then.

I'm also proud because I didn't eat ANY of the cookies they provided!

Welcome makerbabe and beccafries!
Old 03-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Terri, if my grandkids ever become obese or develop pre-diabetes, I'll bet they will blame that on me along with blaming me for their missing lateral incisors. LOL But I can only hope that one of them would say "Of course she is probably the most excellent woman I've ever met..." Turkey meatballs and whole-wheat pasta sound quite delicious and healthful. My husband likes BBQ sauce on baked beans, so I can see that your BF would enjoy it on pasta. My DH isn't romantic at all--like with roses and chocolates, either. But I'm a pretty low maintenance type of gal anyway. I'd rather have practical gifts. Wanna hear something REALLY unromantic, though? DH and I had gone together for almost two years back in 1971 and I knew I was in love with him. One night I had cooked him a dinner of pork chops, mashed potatoes and green beans and as he was CHEWING ON A PORK CHOP, he complimented me on the meal and made a simple statement out of the clear blue sky: "Well, we'll get married in a couple months." But in that incident roses might have been a nice touch. LOL
Hahaha! I hope your grandkids don't blame you for anything!!

I love my grandparents (on my Mom's side). I had a childhood where I was lucky enough to be raised by them for 4 days out of the week, and with my parents 3 days out of the week, until I was about 6 or so. I literally feel they are a second set of parents. My grandmother in particular is QUITE the character - a 5'0" Irish redhead from the South Side of Boston I take after her in body in many ways, but I'm pretty sure she's a one-of-a-kind original in terms of personality. She's just spunky, smart, caring, funny, great role model, great lady! I'm sure your grandkids will say the same for you!! I tease her about "thanks for the curves" but I'm honestly honored to be in any of the same categories as her, really.

The turkey meatballs and whole-wheat pasta is okay, but the barbecue sauce is very much NOT (any recipe that calls for an entire cup of ketchup is asking for trouble!)

And oh my goodness, what a marriage proposal!! Haha! I'm low-maintenance myself, but I've made it clear that if and when he decides to propose, there are baseline behaviors that I hope are observed! We'll see how it pans out. Did you have pork chops at the wedding??

Boyfriend just doesn't think of romantic things on his own. I say it's due to a lack of ladies in his life at a young age - it was just him, his brother, and his dad until he was a young teen Womanly influence there was not! Though he did *try* this Valentine's Day. He forgot it WAS V-Day until he got a gentle reminder. And then he was an hour late home from work because he was running around trying to find last-minute roses! Luckily we still made it to dinner, and I appreciated the attempt at romance. Practicality will win out any day for me, though. Roses die; good, thoughtful and meaningful gifts that might not be so flashy last far longer.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Nice job, Julia! Sounds like a very successful day!

Mern & Terri, you are too funny. I was also lucky enough to have grandparents central in my life growing up (my mom's mom lived with us and my dad's parents lived next door with my aunt and uncle - I believe the technical term is "undifferentiated family ego mass" - and it was awesome). There's nothing like it.

I would say that I came down on the side of practical gifts for a very long time in my life and am now starting to come out of it a little bit and enjoy a few spoilers now and then. I remember on my first Mother's Day, my gift was a leaf blower. Most people were appalled, but it was just what I wanted . I think maybe my husband regrets not being as romantic as he could've been years ago and is trying to make up for it. After all, his proposal was, literally, "Well, I guess you could go ahead and start planning the wedding." (Although he did talk to my dad first, who, in HIS romantic mindset, asked what we would do for health insurance, since we were in school and I couldn't stay on the family policy.) It's better now, though, by a long shot!

Mike, hope your first day of low carb went well. Keep us posted!

Stacey, hope you got a second wind this evening. My afternoon was like that, too, and it stinks!

Welcome to all new folks who've joined up! You've found a fun thread!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 03-07-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Default Today's Check In

1. Average a 500 cal deficit daily. 679
2. Keep carbs at 45%; no more than 50. 49%
3. Exercise daily (need it, for #1) Yes (weights)
4. 5 fruits and veggies daily. Yes
5. Sleep 7 hours nightly. Very bad 5:15
6. 3 sports bottles of water daily. Yes
7. Stay off the scale till Friday. Yes
8. Snack smart: wait 30 minutes & drink water before; no trigger foods disguised as "snacks." Forgot, but did okay snacking

9. One office organizational task five out of seven days. This was not the day
10. Paint one room of trim by end of weekend.

Today was crazy with work as I knew it would be. I am ready to drop, I'm so tired. Hope everyone had a good day today; thanks for being here, ladies & Mike
Old 03-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

Health & Fitness
1) Keep total (not net) Carbs under 75g/day 61.9g
2) drink a gallon of water a day 135.2oz
3) take vitamin daily yes
4) take fish oil daily yes
5) 2500 cals deficient for the week -639
6) workout 3 times yes
7) do Plyometrics 1 time no
8) start my journal yes
9) post how I'm feeling with low carbs daily here yes

Non Health & Fitness
10) 4 random acts of kindness no
11) makes 50 calls to prospects too many of them were on the DNC list, ent emails instead
12) to push/ encourage the next person to post here to meet their goals MunaAmin:not yet

My Journal:

First day of low carb. Weighed 174.8# b/c I'm retaining water. Counting start weight as 171.8.
8:30am Just had breakfast, already hate eggs. Check my bodyfat, it was ~8.5mm (but I'm bloated)
11:00am had 1.2 serving of almonds. I should have brought my protein shake to work. grrr
1:30pm had lunch. Haven't really felt hungry yet.
2:30pm started feeling hungry, ate other 1/2 serving of almonds
3:15pm still hungry, ate an apple (even though heavy in carbs)
4:10pm feeling satisfied. Feeling good, energy is good. I hope I can hold out until dinner (probably 7:00), then hit the gym & finish the day with a protein shake and last serving of fruit.
7:45pm dinner
9:00pm went to the gym (broke weight belt doing weighted chin ups, OOPS!) ***Energy level was low!***
10:30pm protein shake, last serving of fruit and last serving of almonds.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:07 PM
FitDay Member

hi all,
another option was turned down by the immigration. Nightmare I'm oscilating between pure despair and relief (that kind of felling, bad as it is, at least you know what's probably gonna happen so you can prepare yourself for it).
Right now we have no options left. We will try, with the help of non-gov organisation to write a letter requesting an exepmtion on humanitarian grounds, but I don't hope for much.
Ah well, at least we live in a safe country and if we are patient enough, and fight long enough, we shall be reunited eventually. And maybe a miracle will happen and we won't be even parted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.