Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11

Old 03-08-2011, 04:09 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn,

That is a toughie. The first thought off the top of my head would be to pull your son aside and explain to him that you really don't think his dad would be too crazy about spending Father's Day in that way, but that presupposes that your son will be understanding and not hurt by that, especially if he's put a lot of planning into this and is really proud of it. If it's really important to your son and your husband is willing to tough it out, it may be better to go along, but also to plan a second "Father's Day" for your husband, perhaps on another weekend, with all the things he absolutely loves. It's hard to call, not knowing the context of the family relationships. If you do end up going, at least you have something to fall back on to prevent it becoming annual; you can always honestly say that Dad didn't really enjoy it as much as he had hoped, and that he'll probably take a pass in future years.

Oh, I'd love to comment on all the other posts, but I'm late for jail. So no more water for a few hours...because I refuse to use stainless steel toilets! Catch you all later!
Old 03-08-2011, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

Monday Monday.... Oh I loathe thee!!! Oh wait Im a day late on that, ooppss!

Past week went fairly well for a first week, hoping this week is the start of <1 sweets!!! The biggest issue is the gaps in time as long as I have the times down for meals I am fine but if I push it past that 2.5 hour window I get very hungry and look for the sweets! However, I have been especially proud of the workouts, did one every day besides Saturday had way too many household chores to make time and Sunday went for an hour run and it felt great!!! I was hoping I could get myself back into the AM workout plus the evening sessions I have going on but I slept like crap last night I think mainly because I had too much sugar ( I cheated and had 1/2 cup of icecream and a chips ahoy cookie).

Goals this week:
Eat 1400 cals or less: YES!! Doing great on this!
Workout everyday for 50-60 mins: Yes, even though I did not want to pushed to 3 miles in 35 minutes
Push myself for 3 miles in 32 min: short by 3 minutes
Try to make it to spin/yoga class in the AM: Postponing this goal till next week , have to allow the body to get into shape before I put it in overdrive
1< sweets a day: YES!!! Had none yesterday
Walk dogs Sunday and Wed: Did on Sunday And they loved it
Work on some scrapbooking pages: NO not yet
No alcohol: Yes !
Old 03-08-2011, 07:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6

Today is Mardi Gras! Wooo Whooo.... and I'm staying home. I got invited to go with a friends and his wife and kids but it's supposed to rain, so I'll stay how and be bored. Hopefully I don't eat the house down.
Don't stay home! Go have fun, even if it's raining! You're pretty close to the festivities... go catch some beads... or lift your shirt or something!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 07:39 AM
FitDay Member

mike ~ you should enjoy mardi gras....lift your shirt

jjeand ~ good job on trying to quit smoking at the same time as losing weight.

so far not as tired this afternoon. not sure what was up yesterday. i have bellydance class tonight woo hoo.

Last edited by staceyalberta; 03-08-2011 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:01 AM
FitDay Member

Muna, I am so sad to hear that you might need to be separated from your husband due to immigration issues. I wasn't around when this whole thing got discussed but I think I understand the gist of it. My heart goes out to you...you are strong and you can get through it all, we all know it.

I wasn't planning on it but I had to go to another pizza lunch bc my advisor asked me to go. Again, I only ate 1 piece. AMAZING!!! Thanks for all of your encouragement from yesterday, guys.

Stacey-punjabi cabbage is really wonderful. I don't have the recipe on hand but its from an indian cook book that my indian friend recommended. I chop (or put in food processor) onion, garlic, ginger, and 2 green chillis. Then i plop that in a pan with some oil and for a few mins. Then I add a tsp of turmeric and a tsp of cumin seeds, let that cook for a min or two. Then I add in chopped cabbage and coat it in the yellow paste that is in the pan. After it's coated I add more spices: salt and pepper to taste, powdered cumin (1tsp), coriander (1 tsp) and chili powder (1/4 tsp) (i think that's it). I keep a lid on it and let the cabbage and all the spices cook on low heat for 10-12 mins. Put a little bit of butter in and mix it all around, then you are done! I make it into a lunch by added shaved turkey or something. if you have an indian market near you, the spices are much cheaper!

my boyfriend (actually fiance, he proposed jan 8th!) is super romantic, much more so than me. I feel very lucky.

quinn-not sure what to say--i bet your son knows that this relative is off their rocker, no? if so, he prob wants everyone to get together in spite of that fact. i'd say being as honest as possible while still staying tactful sounds like your best bet. good luck! we have a few crazies in my family too....i know it's not easy!
Old 03-08-2011, 08:35 AM
FitDay Member

julia ~ oh it does sound wonderful & very much like the other indian food that i cook mmmmmmmm food....lol
Old 03-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

Stacey & Quinn, if I lift my shirt they'd demand their beads back. Besides, guys usually don't get much for lifting shirts, I guess b/c it's more common to see guys without a shirt. You can go to the beach and find them, probably even find them in WalMart.

I may head out there later if it clears up. The real party doesn't start until the sun goes down on Bourbon Street.

Oh I wanted to mention (even though we all know) that sodium intake plays a HUGE roll in what the scale reads. Yesterday morning I was 174.8, I knew I was bloated b/c I ate some SALTY boiled peanuts. This morning I was 170.4. So when you get on the scale and see crazy gains b/c of salt just know that it comes back off quickly. Even though it wasn't a "fat" loss I was happy b/c I haven't been able to get below 171.xx in a while (close to a year) and the lowest that I've been during my weight loss was 169.xx (don't remember but it's in my signature)

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-08-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

Default I think I'm about to lose it!!!!

here's part of my journal for today:
4:30 I'm STARVING... or bored. Debating on doing Plyometrics but know I'll need to eat for the energy to make it though it.
5:00 Just had a thing of sugar free Jello. ZERO damn carbs and it tastes like it. I'm already at 47.8g of total carbs thanks to me getting up during the night and raiding the cashews and the 1/2 a banana I had in my protein shake didn't help either. Those 2 things make up 1/2 my carbs so far. I feel like I'm going through withdrawals! I wants some carbs!! I can almost taste a butterfinger or reeses blast, rum cake, peach cobbler, hell I'd kill for a slice of bread (low cal high fiber wheat bread) with some natty peanut butter or a damn rice cake.... ANYTHING. WTF was I thinking when I said I wanted to low carb it??? I may not do Plyo b/c I know I will only crave carbs even more. FUUUUUUU%^%&^%&**(*(()))))KKKKKK
Old 03-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Mike, I feel for ya, bro! I know this is a mental thing and a challenge with you; fortunately there are other ways to eat besides low carb for the long haul. You got two choices, suck it up and get through, or give in. If you do the first one, you can say at the end of the week that you did it. If you do the second, well, you can have your Butterfinger. The good news is, it's your choice. The bad news is, it's your choice .

Good luck, dude. Vent all you want...that's why we're here!
Old 03-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Cassie. I'm going to try to stick to it. I think I see why many people to go low carb either carb cycle or have a reload day. The "diet" that I'm following didn't go into full details (it's just a few pages in a big exercise book that I got) but there are some things that I thought didn't make sense, such as you can't drink anything with has more than 5 calories per serving, but it talks about after a workout is a good time for a protein shake. So I'm thinking I can have all the veggies that I want... but I can't drink V8 Juice, but it's okay to drink a protein shake. lol

But yeah... it's just a week. Just a little warning, if I make it the week and like it, I will get my carbs in on day 8 and may start another week but slowly add in carbs like oatmeal and such. I think this will be a good way to break me of cereal, candy, cakes, etc.... eventually.

I have a feeling that after being so low on carbs for a week when day 8 comes around I'll make myself sick off of what didn't normally get me sick, then I won't want them for another week, or so.

I was thinking that if I was going to talk about how things were going on this I would be honest. You see soooo many reviews about "oh this works great, this works great, everything is perfect". I love a good honest review. My friend Alex made a video about Pre Workout Supplements. IMO this is how all reviews should be. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPOH5oopug0 check it out and LMK what you think.

Don't look for me to make a video about my diet though.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-08-2011 at 11:39 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.