Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11

Old 02-28-2011, 01:40 PM
FitDay Member

Default Report card for Monday

Hello Ladies & Mike,

Thank goodness for brand new weeks. I must confess that I was a little hungover today! Last night I had my annual Oscar party and I pretty much knew that I would indulge. The food wasn't so bad because I served healthy snacks but damn the wine drinking was a little out of control. Despite being a real snoozefest of an awards ceremony this year, a really great time was had by all and I am just going to chalk it up to a big cheat day!

In other news, I appear to have injured myself at the gym on Saturday. I think I went at it a little too hard and I have been limping ever since!!! I was not even able to work out at all yesterday because of the pain in my groin. Anyway it still hurts! I am really hoping I am well enough to get in my 5 hours of workouts this week! If anyone knows what to do about this groin pain, I'd welcome the advice.

Hope, welcome back! So nice to have you back. I've been thinking about you.

Mern, you are really doing great with your walking. Good for you! But what do you mean about the pain level? What kind of pain are you having? I am sorry to hear about that.

Mhibdon, glad to hear you got over your gym fear! Way to go!

Mike, good luck with your low carb resolution. That is pretty low carb. Keep us posted on the results. I find myself having an easier time now keeping the carbs lower. I usually stay under 30%.

Almeeker, good for you. Eating out is super hard but you really did an amazing job staying on track.

Cassie, boy do I know what it's like to get on that scale too often. I have had to make it one of my goals.

Nottango, I'm sorry to hear about the job. I really hope that something even better comes up soon.

Weekly goals:

1. Eat between 1100-1550 calories per day. YES (1165)
2. Keep carbs under 35% YES 22%
3. Drink minimum 10 big glasses of water per day. YES
4. Stay off the scale until Saturday. YES
5. Exercise 5 hours.
6. Get at least 7 hours sleep per night. YES
7. Sort through bills and mail. Not yet
8. Work on important paperwork. Not yet
Old 02-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

Rose, glad you had a good time! I was thinking of you and your "ladies' Super Bowl" last night. Sometimes it's worth it to just cut loose, and as you say, there's always a new week (or day, or hour, or minute) to get right back on the horse.

Nottango, I'm so sorry about the job news. It is an emotional roller coaster; my husband went through it for two years not long ago, and it is a difficult thing to get your hopes up only to have something not pan out. I feel for you and have fingers crossed something comes up for you soon.

Checking in for today:

1. Balance calories eaten with activity.Yes
2. Balance carbs, fat, and protein. Yes
3. Balance work with home responsibilities. Pretty good
4. Balance work & home responsibilities with recreation/down time, and family time. Yes
5. Balance short-term responsibilities with long-term projects. No
6. Balance clinical work with administrative stuff. No
7. Balance sleeping and waking hours. Yes
8. Balance exercise with cardio, strength, and flexibility. Cardio today
Old 02-28-2011, 10:47 PM
FitDay Member

Nottango, welcome in depression club big hug for you

NB-PEmom i totally agree with your signature - no workout can override a bad diet.

My goals this week:

1) two workouts at home (Tue, Thur) and one in the gym (Sat)
2) keep under 1800kcal
3) stick to these two goals

I came quite off the track so I'm taking it slowly. A big wake up call was that I actually gained about 1.5lb if I don;t change my attitude now, soon I will have back all I lost.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning, Ladies!

Sounds like quite a few are struggling to keep on track during the past week. You know, I think it's the time of year... winter's getting long... we're all anxious to feel the sun on our faces again. (Especially in the far north.) Hang tight... Springtime weather is just a few weeks away. I guarantee that it will change everything. Even bad situations feel a little better in a t-shirt and flip flops!

Free hugs to anyone who needs one.

Food & Fitness:

1. Limit calories to 1200 and log everything. yes
2. Keep BMI under 20. yes
3. Balance pie chart. iffy
4. Trail walk at least twice this week, weather permitting. Still cold.
5. Take multi-vitamin daily. yes, started putting it on my dinner plate at night.
6. Lose 1 more pound this week. Trying
7. Floss every day. oops- forgot

Personal Goals:

1. Continue with "do something nice each day". Yes, took mom to lunch and to see "The Kings Speech". She's a 1940's movie aficionado.
2. Be more patient with people and situations that irritate me. If I get irritated, let it go. I'm getting better.
3. Balance checkbook. Too busy yesterday and today... probably tomorrow.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:08 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, no carbs, really? I've never even considered that! But anything for a week can't be all that bad. I have this terrific detox diet that I kept to for a week and loved it. I was bike racing and thought it would be a bad thing, but it wasn't at all. So good luck!

And omhbidon, I'm glad to hear you're over your fear of the gym. I've been going so long I can't even remember my first day! Being a gym-rat isn't all that bad. I like the intense, get-it-over-in-an-hour (or 2) workouts. Outdoor activities are great but not always possible.

Yesterday I was bemoaning the fact that I didn't lose a pound last week, but voila, this morning it was gone! I should know by now that eating inflammation-causing foods (even small amts) is the problem, and apparently it takes 3 or so days to rectify itself. I know what the foods are, but again you can't be so pure all the time. But at this moment, I'm very motivated.

Height: 5'4.5" (and shrinking!)
Start Weight 1/1: 135
Weight 3/1: 126.5 (better a day late than never!)
Goal 3/7: 125.5
4/1/11 Goal: still 122 (not at all confident!)
Old 03-01-2011, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Did great Monday:

Calorie limit 1600, actual 1573
Carbs less fiber limit 25g, actual 14.7g
Protein goal 120g, actual 140.1
Water goal of 164 oz. achieved
Exercise one mile non-stop, brisk walk at the park in 21 minutes. At 5'1" I have a short stride, so 21 minutes is brisk for me.

Last edited by Mern; 03-01-2011 at 01:26 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Health/Fitness Goals for 2/28 -3/6:

1. Eat between 1200-1600cals/Day, 2000 on Sat/Sun No, I eeked over at 1702 calories
2. Get at least 7 hrs of sleep/night Yes, got 8
3. Consume 100oz. of Water/Day No, I did get 80oz though
4. Take Fish Oil & Rosehip Supplements Took Rosehip not Fish Oil though
5. Exercise with EA Active at least 4x/Week (Tues, Thurs, Fri, and Sun) Did a workout last night (Monday) Woo Hoo!
6. Limit myself to 1 Diet Coke/Day Did this!

Other Life Goals:
1. Finish tilework in the upstairs bathroom this week Not yet
2. Spend 15 minutes everyday cleaning/organizing the Kitchen Nope
3. Spend 20 minutes/day reading a book (I have several that I’m trying to get through right now) No, I was too tired and just went to bed
4. Do exercises for Knee everyday (Hoping to Start P90X at the end of April, but need knee to be in better condition!) Had physical therapy, so yes
Old 03-01-2011, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

I really enjoy these motivational threads, thought it was time to post!

Daily goals:

Stay under 1200 cal. 1700 ugh, yep!
Workout 5 days yep, yep
15 minutes a day in kids bedrooms yep, yep
no nail biting yep, yep
5 bottles water yep, yep

Goals for week:
Make tax appt.not yet
paint bed not yet
list breastpump and clothes on CL not yet

Last edited by aspikes; 03-02-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Nice to see so many of us posting again. I credit this thread with keeping me on track last week. I to lost a couple pounds where I would usually gain. I did have to remind myself a couple times there was no reason to go off track just because I did not have my usual foods available.

I have discovered I can make good choices while away from home. I also learned it is better to not try to do exactly what you do at home but to plan activities and food that fit in with your setting. That may help me with the 2 weeks I need to be away in April.

For March I have no excuses. This week I am starting working with a new exercise DVD for toning and resistance training. I also want to go swiming at least once, keep the calories under 1500 daily, and burn at least 2500.

Spring is coming. Mary
Old 03-01-2011, 03:03 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, sounds like you're doing great with your walking! Keep it up! I wish I had the chance to walk outside more. Maybe I'll do so this weekend.

Mhibdon, I used to hate the gym too!! I had to go with a buddy (who dragged me). Getting through the first one is tough, great going.

Mike, that's quite a carb goal! You can do it. You're a very inspirational person, and you know what works for you!! Do it to it sir!

Almeeker, good job on the eating out! I get nervous with just one meal out, I can't even imagine more than one. You're awesome!

Nottango, I'm sorry to hear about the job. There's nothing like that to just make you feel terrible. My Mom is going through the same thing right now -- over two years since she was suddenly laid off in '08, and no nibbles on the line. Hang in there.

mtlgirl -- Ouch groin pain!!! I suffered through some groin injuries in high school (was a catcher for softball). They're really tough to get through. You don't realize how much you use your groin muscles until you hurt one, or both! The trainer used to recommend a LOT of rest and stretching; gentle stretching, it shouldn't be painful. She said rest was really the key -- to just stop doing anything if it hurt, because it would prolong recovery (and put ice on it immediately if I did overexert). Usually took me about a week to ten days to get over the old groin pull.

Monday Report Card:

Food and Exercise Lifestyle Goals:

1) Drink at least 64 oz. of water daily. Get to 72 if I can.
Monday-->Actually made it to 80 oz. Personal record!

2) Five servings of fruits/vegetables every day
Monday --> No, only got 4

3) 1500 cals/day limit
Monday --> 1,442

4) Only one pasta dish this week for dinner. NO RICE.
Monday --> No pasta/rice!

5) No boxed/pre-prepared lunches or dinners
Monday --> Success!

6) Exercise 5x this week. (Already exercised Sunday with mixed cardio/strength. Four more times at minimum, 1h. each)
Monday --> Day off (Total 1 day, 1 hr.)

Other Life Stuff

1) Finish Office Space Remodeling (go tax return go!)
Monday --> Powered through most of it! Just some reorganizing left to do. 90% done!

2) Get to bed by 11:00 every night, no excuses
Monday --> 11:30. Though I was about to go to bed at 11:00 when I found out that my darling boyfriend had received his first acceptance for publication of his short fiction, so the 1/2 hour was for celebrating and goofy dances!!!

3) Up by 7:30, no excuses
Monday --> 8:00 >.<

4) Clean up "The Bedroom Disaster of 2011"
Monday --> Nope, still looks disastrous in there.

Also, note: The scale went from 203.7 on Monday to 201.4 today (Tuesday morning)! Plateau almost over?! I think it was the water! I shall keep drinking water!!!! 200 is so close I can TASTE it. I have a hope that I will be in One-derland by Friday, which would be exactly two months into Fitday and would be a GREAT 2-month anniversary milestone.

~Terri

Last edited by taubele; 03-01-2011 at 03:06 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.