Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11

Old 02-27-2011, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Mern and Pam. I was only feeling guilty about the trans fat. I have really made it a point to eat the best way I can for my heart and overall health; I know calories and fat vary and I'm okay with that; it's just that I view trans fat as a harbinger of death. I'm over it. My scale has been a mystery and it surprised me again this AM, back to where I was a week or so ago and no clue about the 2 lb. gain/loss in between. Who knows what it will say tomorrow?

Mern, I got the range problem worked out; they are redelivering tomorrow. The problem was that they couldn't get the old one out; the folks that did our ceramic tile butted it up against it so closely 8 years ago that it wouldn't move. But all is well now; it's been popped out and we are ready to continue the pseudo-renovation. They say renovating is very stressful and now I believe it. It always takes twice as long, costs twice as much, and is twice as much a pain in the patootie as you expect it.

We were out of tournament today, thank goodness; he lost in the semis last night. A free day has been bliss to catch up on all the house stuff and now hubby and I are going to go hit some tennis balls ourselves. It's 73* here and I'm ready to get outside!

rhoda, glad your illness has left you; hopefully your weather will cooperate soon!

Mary, yes, those kids will keep you young, and I know even though they may tire you out, you wouldn't trade it for the world! Grandmas are so special

Mern, this time next year you might very well be skating. You never know!
Old 02-27-2011, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator

Oops; never checked in for yesterday!

1. Balance the pie chart (no numbers, just balance). Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Achieve a 250 calorie deficit daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Sleep 7 hours a night. Yes, Nope, woke up in awful pain in my shoulder, No-budgeted the time but woke up 1/2 hour too early and couldn't get back to sleep! ditto today, No- had new range delivered 7:30 AM and crisis ensued, Yes
4. Turn off all the electronics at least half an hour before bed, and read. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Exercise outside one day this week, preferably two. Not yet Yes-oodles of Vitamin D today! Yes, weather is gorgeous!
6. Exercise at least once this week with friends and/or family members. Hubby bailed on me halfway through yoga Yes-tennis with my son, Yep, tennis with hubby today
7. Incorporate a stretching/flexibility workout into the mix twice this week. Yes, Yes
8. Dress nicely and make an effort at minimal makeup even if not working that day; the pushed-for-time grad student look is old now. While I was out, yes; changed into the grubbies to make bread, Yes, until workout at 4 PM; Yes, till after workout, Half the day, Yes, Not by a longshot
9. Meditate on three things daily I'm grateful for. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

Practical stuff:

10. One office organizational task daily. Yes, Yes, Yes-albeit a little one , No, Yes, Didn't even glance in that direction
11. One room's trim painted (long shot-we're at a tournament next weekend and that shoots that, but school is out this week and work is slow, so maybe it will happen). No
12. Keep working on short, mid and long range financial plans with hubby. Yes
Old 02-27-2011, 02:20 PM
FitDay Member

I found out what happens when I miss a dose or two of my meds: Ferreo Rosher binge. Tomorrow's weigh in is not going to be pretty, but at least I can get to the gym now!
Old 02-27-2011, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Wrappin' it up:

1. Balance the pie chart (no numbers, just balance). Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Smidgen high on the carb side, but not extreme
2. Achieve a 250 calorie deficit daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Sleep 7 hours a night. Yes, Nope, woke up in awful pain in my shoulder, No-budgeted the time but woke up 1/2 hour too early and couldn't get back to sleep! ditto today, No- had new range delivered 7:30 AM and crisis ensued, Yes, Missed by 15 min
4. Turn off all the electronics at least half an hour before bed, and read. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Exercise outside one day this week, preferably two. Not yet Yes-oodles of Vitamin D today! Yes, weather is gorgeous! Yes
6. Exercise at least once this week with friends and/or family members. Hubby bailed on me halfway through yoga Yes-tennis with my son, Yep, tennis with hubby today, and again today
7. Incorporate a stretching/flexibility workout into the mix twice this week. Yes, Yes
8. Dress nicely and make an effort at minimal makeup even if not working that day; the pushed-for-time grad student look is old now. While I was out, yes; changed into the grubbies to make bread, Yes, until workout at 4 PM; Yes, till after workout, Half the day, Yes, Not by a longshot, Ditto
9. Meditate on three things daily I'm grateful for. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

Practical stuff:

10. One office organizational task daily. Yes, Yes, Yes-albeit a little one , No, Yes, Didn't even glance in that direction, Huge dent in it today
11. One room's trim painted (long shot-we're at a tournament next weekend and that shoots that, but school is out this week and work is slow, so maybe it will happen). Nope - didn't happen
12. Keep working on short, mid and long range financial plans with hubby. Yes
Old 02-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

hey everyone. I haven't disappeared, I've just had a lot of crap come up in the past couple days. In fact I just walked in the door and about to head back out.