Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
No More Flapping Flab in February - 100+ Ladies Thread >

No More Flapping Flab in February - 100+ Ladies Thread

Community
Notices

No More Flapping Flab in February - 100+ Ladies Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 12:40 PM
FitDay Member

It's just so hard sometimes to admit you "lost it" again -- but I am feeling more determined than in a long time!

Nah, you haven't lost it, because you're back here. You just got a bit misdirected. Refuse to give up, and the rewards will be yours.

Great job, Tracey, on refusing to eat more chocolate than you wanted and on getting the motivation to go and get fruit.

Dinner's almost done - I be eatin' now. Til next time!
Old 02-26-2011, 09:44 AM
FitDay Member

Tracey -- the one thing I hear is a little guilt about the chocolates. One thing I learned by trying "militant discipline" and NEVER allowing myself some kind of treat is that I will go ballistic that way after MUCH success. THat's how I lost 83 pounds and gained 50 back. Now, I make sure I build in treats to my healthy eating plan. I just had a bit of dark chocolate with PB on it -- my own high oxidant "reeses" cup. It was 150 calories but so decadent, it has satisfied something in me and now I'm okay. SO well worth it and NO GUILT about it. Make sure you EMBRACE those three chocolates - food is neither good or bad -- we just have to make our own limits. Just a thought from me.

Off to work -- later gang!
Old 02-26-2011, 01:43 PM
FitDay Member

Hey girlies, I've been nuts busy. DD was in this History Day competition this morning. I've been working non-stop on a costume for her. When my kid picks something difficult she's not messing around. She picked a suffragette that wore "Bloomer dresses". Do you think you can find a pattern for the bloomer dress in a size 14 1/2 girls plus? Nope. You can't find a pattern for a bloomer dress in any size, no photographs, no drawings, just a very few smudgie lithographs and a small handful of satirical comics. So I ended up buying 4 patterns and meshing them together, which would have worked beautifully, except that DD is a chubby 9 year old girl, and all the patterns I bought were for grown women. There is a distinct shape difference between a 9 year old girl and a full grown woman. So 1/2 way through the whole process I had to take it all apart and redesign the bodice, 3 times. And to make it worse we had a scheduled day off and 2 snow days last week, so I had 5 kids at home. This is not really the easiest way to get something done. But I prevailed and DD was soooo stinking cute in her costume that I'm thinking she should wear bloomers and bonnets more often...
Old 02-27-2011, 05:29 AM
FitDay Member

So I had to go look up "Bloomer dresses" and then I found out that the term "bloomer" is not because of the look of the pants (the fact that what we call a bloomer has a certain look came AFTER) -- but because a woman with the last name Bloomer pioneered the dress reformation movement. Who KNEW??? Thanks for the history lesson!

Speaking of history lessongs. I went back and looked at my "history" of weight loss and it has made me sad. I spent two glorious years at my fit best. And EVERY DAY SINCE I fell off the wagon, I have wasted time I WILL NEVER GET BACK "feeling fat". I have to stop that! First, I have to love me for who I am RIGHT NOW. Then I have to stop being fat.

SImple. Easy. THree point days will get me there. Curbing late night eating issues will get me there. Growing up and being accountable for my promises to myself will get me there.

So -- I'm off to do some work on that. Just finished 50 minute power walk in ShapeUps, now going to clean kitchen/fridge and make some food for work that will keep me from scarfing down bad choices!

MOre later -- but must get to it!
Old 03-02-2011, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

Hello eveyone I am new to this site.Sadly not new to losing weight or trying to eat better.I have a husband who loves to eat out.I also am the stay at home mom to three children.Ages 6,4, and soon to be 1.I have always been a bigger girl.I have taken most of my weight off before.Of course that was before I had any of my children.After my first two my weight was pretty easy coming off but after the last one it has been a nightmare.I sometimes feel as though I am lost but I have found myself.I have relized that I need to love myself no matter what but I do not want to love myself if I am so obese that I cannot be here for my children when I need them.Ummm so I guess I will put my weight and all that.I am currently at 226 pounds I also only stand 5'2.I would like to lose at least 50lbs to start off but really want to lose more.However I will set a higher goal once I have reached 50 and before 50 it is just under 200lbs again.DO any of you think maybe I should pick a smaller #.
I have had a hard time trying to find the time to exercise because of having three children and a husband who happens to work nights so need to sleep through the day.But last week I got to thinking and I put the babes to bed 1/2 hour earlier to watch tv or read and that is when I fit in some time to exercise.So far so good and once we do not have so much snow on the ground here I will be walking on the beautiful trail that is right by my house.Which happens to go right in to town.
Anyway I have rambled enough but I will be back everyday.
Thanks so much
Leigh
Nova scotia
Old 03-02-2011, 09:07 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Leigh and I understand about having lost it, then gained it back -- it's so disheartening and the WORST PART is that I thought the last time was a forever thing. But I let myself delude myself into thinking I could get away with certain things -- and I couldn't!

I am struggling even MORE this time because I have a husband who doesn't eat well -- but the opposite way. He rarely eats and is about 25 pounds UNDERWEIGHT. I am working on working around his issues and standing up for my needs.

But that aside -- I'm still here and hanging in so join us!

GOtta run ladies -- not much to say but "still hanging in there" -- did I mention I'm starting a NEW business with my husband? THat's where we are at our best together -- when we're both working on something together! :-)

Later,
Ang
Old 03-03-2011, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

Hello ladies! I am so excited to find this thread. I'm not able to get online daily but when I can I will be sure to post here I am 36, married for almost 14 years and have a 10 year old daughter and 8 year old son. I need to lose about 115lbs. I started off great in January and lost a total of 9lbs but I did horrible in February and gained 5lbs back! So I'm starting fresh and anticipating for Spring! I live in Michigan and I am so ready for all this snow and ice to go away so I can get my bike out and ride. So anyway thanks for this thread and I'm looking forward to getting inspiration from you ladies...
Jill
Old 03-03-2011, 11:20 PM
FitDay Member

Talking

Good morning to everyone!!!Well I have been doing great.I have been staying with in my points and that makes me feel great.I also have been doing 10 minute trainer.Great workout and only takes 10 minutes.The are 5 different 10 min workout.So I do try 2 do at least 2 of then a day.I know that is only 20 min but at least it is a start.I have only been doing this for 4 days but wow I feel like a whole other person I mean I was always so tired before autually didn't want to move outta my own way.The last 2 day woke up feeling great.Like a new women.Well I hope everyone has a Great weekend.My first weigh in is MOnday.Heres hoping it goes well.
Leigh
Old 03-07-2011, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

Default Feeling refreshed

Wow what a week-some good and some bad.
Its ben my mums 50th birthday celebration and also my dads a couple of days after. Not only that its my boyfriends, sister and my own in the next week!! March is one of them months.
On the weight ive totally blown it. Too much of everything and lost control but its lasted a week and im starting back at weightwatchers on Wednesday.
I was going to a meeting up the road from me that i loved and really suited me. The problem is i had a so-called friend up there too who has basically taken over my life for the past couple of years. Why i let it go so far i will never understand. I just think that i got dragged in too much.
Anyway i decided to get this friend out of my life due to her saing some comments about my weight that i deemed inappropriate and offensive but thats just one of my issues. There are several but id be here all night explaining. The best thing is now i have my life back!
The problem is that i have left my much loved weightwatchers group because she is up there. The fact that its about 3x4 metres is just too close for comfort and i want a fresh start as far away from her as possible.
So im back at a new meeting on Wednesday evening and i cant wait to get started again. Now half of the celebrations are over im going to try really hard to control the other half of March and get back on track with my weight loss. Heres to a fresh start in more ways than one!!
Old 03-08-2011, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

good luck with your new weight watchers group! I hope it all goes well for you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.