Notices

69 and Diabetic

Old 02-06-2011, 07:36 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Smile 69 and Diabetic

I'm a retired teacher, married 50 years to the same grumpy old man, mother of two, grandmother of three. I've done this so many times before... but here I go again. I'm diabetic so have to watch carbs, need to lose about 40 lbs., so have to watch calories and fat ... have all sorts of joint problems so exercise is too painful, even water aerobics which I found out the hard way ... Fitday has helped me before, just keeping track of everything carefully. I'm cooking healthy, eating smaller portions, going online before going to a restaurant to check out their nutrition information so I'll know what to order, and probably eat only half of it. I can do this. I've actually been doing quite well since just before Christmas, have lost about 10 lbs so far. Today's weight 178.5. Goal 140.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:55 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Jane,
Sounds like you are off to a great start.

My goal is to lose 50 pounds this year.

I'm married to a grumpy old man, too!

Carolyn
Old 02-06-2011, 04:59 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Made it through Super Bowl

I just made it through a Super Bowl party--ate only carrots from the snacks table, had a hamburger with all the veggies on it. Drank about 4 diet Cokes. I did have a very small brownie. Well, it was a homemade brownie after all. Even with that, my carbs were very low today because I just had scrambled egg for breakfast, low carb bread with tuna salad for lunch.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:00 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Veggies

Went to Sprouts Farmers Market and got some nice fresh vegetables, trying to add more vegetables, less meat to our diet. Tried a recipe for chop suey from Ellie Kreiger's Healthy Appetite show. It was OK, kind of bland. I also have one from her for healthy sloppy Joes and I'm making them tonight.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Jane,

I'm new here. I too have diabetes and I'm 39. Have you found that your meds have been an issue in keeping you from loosing weight?

Thanks
Kel