Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/31/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/31/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/31/11

Old 02-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Rose, what an awesome fur baby you have! Too much! I love the skull and crossbones...yep, a real badazz all right

1. Calorie deficit of 250-300, because I keep slipping and can't get back to my pre-holiday weight/body fat % Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Balance the pie chart. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Do something different for exercise at least one day. No, No, Not yet, Not yet
4. Sleep at least seven hours a night. Yes, Yes, No, No
5. Get in three of my water bottles daily (I'm pretty regular about 2) Yes, Yes, Yes, No

6. One organizational office task per day (at least a small one) Yes, Yes-a teeny tiny one, Yes, Yes- small
7. Paint trim in another room Worked on stairs & spindles
8. Try a new healthy recipe or make over an old one. No, looking like Thursday Yes

Today was a good day, although I didn't quite get all my water in. I was in the jail consulting from 10-3 and I really try not to drink there because the only bathroom option in the area I use is a stainless steel toilet-sink combo (not kidding). So I stop by the courthouse to use their facilities immediately before, then do the camel routine until I leave.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:49 PM
FitDay Member

Red face

I have absolutely loved reading this week's posts! I needed all the chuckles.

Mern, you lost 3-1/2#--great job. But I not only found it, but picked it up AND ate it. Just got back from helping out with my elderly father. Literally sat on my butt for 10 days, fearing the worst if I left for a short run. Diet was pretty OK, a bit of junk food from my sister's cupboards (always plentiful at her house!).

So I shunned the scale for a couple of days. Turns out, yes, I did gain 3 pounds. But I'm in the game again and motivated this week.

Yesterday I splurged and hired a personal trainer for 3 sessions, and will probably add to that. I need the attention! Gaggy news--my body fat is 31%. It's hard because I've spent most of my adult life between 14 and 23% (competitive athletics). So I've got some work to do!

My goals are a bit scattered right now--diet, nutrition and personal. I need a good talking to! Number ONE Goal: Set Some Goals.

Weight Jan. 20, 130.5
Weight: Feb 1, 133.5 (yup, up 3#)
Body Fat: Feb. 1, 31.9%
Body Fat Goal: 28% to start with

Thanks for listening!
Old 02-03-2011, 04:05 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Thursday:

OK for this week (much like the last):

1.) Crossfit workout 2X, 1 down, shoulder presses, pull ups and squats today, and lots of 'em, 2 down deadlifts and more pullups, my my I can barely lift my arms above my head

2.) Yoga 2X: 1 down
3.) 6+ mile run - at least 1
4.) Keep calories between 1200 and 1400, 1067, 1291, 1526 a bit over, but worth the time with hubs at our favor local bistro, 1271

5.) No beer or wine with dinner (or before dinner...PAM)yes, yes, nope... wine with dinner, 2 beers, wish I could blame in all on DH, but of course he isn't exactly forcing me... just leading me into temptation

6.) Protein @ 90g, 82g, 91g, 95g, 91

7.) Carbs @ 40%, 41%, 31%, 38%, 31%

Work, Home and Life:

8.) Negotiate return of medicine cabinet that was not what I ordered: will see the folks at special orders Tues, DONE the manufacturer is going to send the new door directly to my house so I don't even have to go pick it up!

9.) Finish interview project for the Forest Service, On the way, mmmm. not much progress today, again not much progress, almost there

10.) Be kind to the hubby when he prattles on about work politics: Yes, yes, yes, yes

11.) Find 2 new recipes that fit into the current diet (my turn to cook this week): found an old tried and true turkey stroganoff, tried a new chicken in the crockpot - very good and lots of leftovers for lunch, no cookin' tonight; no, DH took control

12.) Start a new creative project (obviously not feeling very creative at the moment as I can't even identify which catagory of project. But I need to plan something... idle hands are the devil's workshop ), hmmm... nothing yet, nope still go nothing., started planning gardens (probably a little early even for SoCal but have a lot going on with designing experiments so that may be as creative as I get until the weekend.) Still nothing

Lots of ups and downs for everyone this week. So much of it seems to be weather related, but you know... there is nothing you can do about the weather. So I think I'll take Rose's lead and just roll with it. If I had the equipment I'd video taking our kitties for a walk in the snow at the mountain house, it is pretty funny. Maybe I'll figure out how to post some Pix at least.

Everyone, do the best you can and take each day 1 at a time. This is such an amazing group of women (+1) here, you all are my inspiration. Sleep well!
Old 02-03-2011, 10:35 PM
FitDay Member

Pam, super job! Way to go!

Twinnermommy, congrats and best wishes.

Sandi, thanks for your encouragement. It's hard eating right when helping out with an elderly parent. But look at you--"back in the game again and motivated this week." And to boot, you treated yourself to those personal trainer sessions. Way to go! Hey, girl, I weigh 232.5--ninety nine pounds more than you and instead of focusing on my weight gain over the years and on my body fat, I'm focusing on my accomplishments since my Jan. 17 restart. Hope you can do that, too. Best wishes to you and your family

Muna, congrats on your food and exercise. Sounds like you're really pushing that bike exercise. Goal too high? I added some abs work three days ago and started out with my goal too high. The first two days were fine, but last night I couldn't do it at all--upper abs are really sore. I'm keeping you and DH in my prayers. Count even the tiniest blessings--like the pears. Big hug to ya!

Canary, hi. Best wishes on your goals. I hope DD recovers quickly.

Mike, sorry 'bout all that rain keeping you from walking. I don't like treadmills, either. Congrats on your food deficit and (holy cow!) on all that water. On the flossing--I told my hygenist that one of these checkups she's going to tell me I'm doing great on that. I vowed it will be at my next checkup in August. My problem was that I scheduled it before bed and too many times fell asleep watching TV or was just too tired to fool with it. My old hygenist told me it doesn't matter what time of day we floss, so now I make myself exercise in the morning (or else I procrastinate until I don't do it at all) and then brush and floss right after exercise. I haven't missed flossing since Jan. 25.

I started out with my first unread thread earlier, left for a bit and came back, now it's starting out with the last post but my web browser won't let me advance to page 2. I'm sure it will resolve itself later. Sorry, I don't have time to read the other posts, so congrats to all who are doing well, and big hugs to those who aren't.

Thursday's achievements:

Food: did great
Calorie limit 1600, actual 1545
Carbs less fiber limit 25g, actual 19g
Protein goal 100-120g, actual 144g

Exercise: did my best, so that's OK
Goal: 14 minutes aerobic walking achieved. Couldn't do the abs work I started this week--started out with too many reps and now I'm too sore to do even one rep. I should have started out with baby steps like I did with my walking...

Last edited by Mern; 02-03-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:19 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
This morning I did a new workout DVD, Bob Harper kicked my butt inside out. So tomorrow I'll be needing the follow up DVD, "Easing my butt back to right side out". Anybody know where I can get that?
Ha! You are too funny, Amy. So which Bob Harper DVD did you do? I have been doing the Jillian Michaels DVD and am getting a little bored with it. It's called the 30 Day Shred so I am trying to do 30 workouts in 30 days, and recording my results. The changes are quite amazing but not so much on the scale. Thankfully I took my measurements at the very beginning and now I'm at the midpoint. I have lost 3 inches off my waist, 1 inch off my thighs, and half an inch off my biceps. I can really feel it in my clothes.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:29 AM
FitDay Member

My Goals For The Week:

1. Eat at least 3 fruit and 2 vegetable servings a day. close, yes, yes, yes
2. Limit bread to one serving a day. no, yes, 2, yes
3. Carry a water bottle with me at all times. yes, yes, yes, yes
4. Walk 3 miles a day at least three times a week. 3 miles in, on hold for this week
5. Take multi-vitamin daily. yes, yes, yes, yes
6. Move from "healthy eating mode" to "weight loss mode" to shed a few holiday pounds. yes, yes, yes, yes

To Do List:

1. Balance checkbook. no, no, yes!
2. Get tax info ready for accountant. no, no, no, next week
3. Complete an entire week without saying anything negative about anyone. (Hubby and I challenged each other after we realized how snarky we were on a recent trip to Walmart.) If thoughts don't count, I'm good. I've been as good as gold. Still nice. This has been a piece of cake because I'm pretty much home-bound and I don't see anyone!
4. Do something nice and/or unexpected for someone each day. no, yes, no, yes

Doing great on my diet this week! With the extra time, I've been great with logging and food prep. Thanks for all of the good wishes! I'll be cheering you all on in thought as you do your workouts!

Muna,
Hang in there... it's a lot of mental pressure which is the worst kind. Russell Peters is really funny. I've seen some of his routines about accents and arranged marriage which were so funny because several of our friends are from India and Pakistan. I bet he can make you chuckle!

Rose,
Loved the video! I love my animals... they make awesome heating pads!!!

Michelle,
Tell your kids how lucky they are to be enjoying such an awesome, timeless, historical sport! When my kids were little, I would tell them stories of the fur traders in our area long ago and how they depended on them as we made our way down the trails. They still love it today. Most kids will never experience how wonderful it is!

quinn
Old 02-04-2011, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
Physical health:
1) Go back on fibromyalgia (lowish carb, no sugar) diet, Y
2) 8 glasses of H2O, ?
3) watch sodium, ish
4) gentle stretching daily, N
Other:
5) meditate, make time, N
6) write, minimum
7) be compassionate to DD,DH and myself, Y

MunaAmin, my heart really goes out to you. I hope that the situation can have a quick positive resolution. This must be so hard for you.

Rose, your doggie is so cute and the "couture" makes me want to get sweaters for my cats (as if they'd stand for it.)

SandiOlsen you are so funny for that line found the pounds you lost and ate them. FOTFL

Thanks for Rose and Mern and those who have welcomed me back; it is so good to feel noticed. DD is still coughing. The only upside of this flu is that I have turned back from that miserable b*!#h who is ruining her life to Mommy (spoken in a soft little girl voice.) The downside is that I think both DH and I are getting her flu. (Thanks, honey!) My health has been weird anyway. Last Saturday I woke up feeling very strange. MY bp was 173/104 and I could not lift my right arm. DH wanted to take me to the ER; I refused and the next day I felt somewhat better. I think I'm getting hit with fibro and fallout from the Lyrica. After talking to my doctor, I have determined I am taking my health into my own hands. I figured I'd use this thread to help keep me on track.

Last edited by canary52; 02-04-2011 at 02:10 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator

Hope, please take care of yourself! I know it is easy and sometimes necessary to put yourself out for others, but you are worth being a priority, too. I for one am looking forward to seeing you use this thread to be proactive about your health. Those symptoms you mentioned are scary and I am glad to see you are committed to getting on track; I know you have a lot of issues to deal with. Healthy is much more important than skinny.

On a related note, today is National Wear Red for Women Day, sponsored by the American Heart Association to increase awareness of women's heart health. If you're not already wearing red, go put some on...even underwear! And take care of your hearts the best you can .
Old 02-04-2011, 02:43 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, Cassie and Hope, glad you enjoyed the video. We love our fur babies don't we?

Hope, I sometimes have a cat who gets along really well with my dog, when he isn't annoying her too much Anyway, needless to say, I tried to put a sweater on the cat to no avail! She did not take too kindly to it at all. But the dog loves his sweater. He could wear it all day long. He even wears scarves but he doesn't like boots or coats or hats. He only likes knitwear because he loves to be cozy. I sure hope that your DD gets better really soon and that you don't come down with her bug. I'm sorry to hear about your Fibro but it is really great that you are so determined to take your health into your own hands and be proactive. Really glad to have you back!

And yes, Quinn, those pets are awesome heating pads!

Have a fabulous Friday, Everyone!
Old 02-04-2011, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, Rose, all you guys, I've been very down but you really cheer me up with your concern. You are such sweethearts on this site, I mean it. Just the fact that you notice and acknowledge others means more to me than I can say.

The low carb diet is to help with the fibro and hypoglycemia (40% of fibromites are hypoglycemic.) If I lose some tonnage, all to the good (the Lyrica has added a few pounds) but the focus is on health. Amy, how is your Mom doing with her fibro? You also mentioned she has other health stuff, yes?

Rose, DD and I were trying to figure out which of our cats would wear a sweater and we had to vote for Phoebe, just due to her intense curiosity and innate fashion sense (she is both black and white, with fur like a plush toy.) Ginger, our coquettish orange cat, would go straight under the bed and stay there a week and Jake our sleek gray boy with the extra thumbs would be indignant. Though he often smells like "eau de litter box", he is very elegant!!! And without a sweater thank you very much I'm sure he would say.

I wish I had a dog (DD would love one) but for now, I will have to enjoy yours and walk him virtually with you!!!

Last edited by canary52; 02-04-2011 at 05:33 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.