Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/24 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/24

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/24

Old 01-24-2011, 01:35 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rubypeanut
6. Protein >= 30% (right now I'm around 10-20% every day so I really need to work on this. We don't eat a lot of meat or eggs so this is going to be hard)
Just calculated that if I ate 30% x 1800 cal / 4 cal per gram = 135 g of protein! How in the world could I ever get that much with only 1800 cal's, without eating meat or dairy or egg whites galore? I know whole grains and legumes, etc. have protein but more like 6-10 g of protein per 200 calorie serving. Do we really need that much protein, or is a rich, developed nation "need" where we "need" so much protein but the rest of the world survives on 10% cal's from protein?
Old 01-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

thanks again everyone for the warm welcome.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:40 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
thanks again everyone for the warm welcome.
Hey, where is the new video? I'm not seeing a link.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:41 PM
FitDay Member

Almeeker, I like your nagging challenge.
I have to sort the kids' toys and chuck away toys that broken and not approriate for their age. It's been nagging me since last October. Every weekend I said to myself that: this is the time and I should do it. But many weekends went by and I haven't done a thing. I get fustrated and annoy at myself.

Cassie, I posted the way to make Pho on the other post. Hope you find it, if you have any questions. I am glad to answer.

Rubypeanut, I hope you feel better.
Here is my report

1. Eat less than 1500 cals 1,355
2. Work out 5-6 times 1
3. Eat at least 2 nights without carb 1
4. Try to lose at least 1 pound this week. to get to my pre holiday weight. not yet
5. Log in food religiously Y
6. Drink 4-16oz glasses of water. Y
Mai
Old 01-24-2011, 01:47 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lastri
Almeeker, I like your nagging challenge.
I have to sort the kids' toys and chuck away toys that broken and not approriate for their age. It's been nagging me since last October. Every weekend I said to myself that: this is the time and I should do it. But many weekends went by and I haven't done a thing. I get fustrated and annoy at myself.
I have to do this too! We have so many toys, it's crazy. And don't even get me started on the totes full of clothes that don't fit any of the kids. I always joke that we are 1, maybe 2 storage totes away from not having a place to sleep.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:35 PM
FitDay Member

Today was the coldest day so far this winter, I am SOO glad for my treadmill!

1. Eat 1700 calories a day +/-100. YES
2. Walk or run 4 miles for at least 5 days. YES
3. Do at least a few push ups and crunches. YES
4. Drink one glass of water an hour at work. YES (feeling slightly waterlogged right now)
5. Finish memorizing John 13 and memorize John 14. Not really
Old 01-24-2011, 02:36 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by canary52
OK I try to be sympathetic when I can but I will trade you So Cal perpetual gardening for northeast below zero ice chopping snow shovelling misery. And I personally do not love gardening.

I gotta move outta here. I mean it. I can barely feel my hands on this keyboard and I am inside the friggin house with the friggin heat on.

PS My nose is cold.
Ahhh, sorry about your nosey. And naw, wasn't reallly looking for sympathy but I will say that our mild winters are our reward for surviving the brutally hot, smoggy, noisy (don't know why the summer seem so much louder, maybe everyones outside), fire-prone, and dry summers. We get NO rain from April until October. Took some getting used to. But I grew up in northern VA and DH grew up in Boston and neither one of are inclined to move back anytime soon

1.) Maintain calories at 1200 - 1500, 1334
2.) Maintain carbs @ 40%, 23%
3.) Maintain protein @ 90g 143 (over board again!)
4.) Yoga 2 times, rest day
5.) Crossfit 2 times,
6.) At least 1 long run

7.) Finish trimming vines and shrubs before the birds start nesting (The great thing about SoCal is that you get the garden year 'round. The lousy thing about SoCal is you have to garden year 'round)
8.) Others to be added later
9.) Find out why I haven't been paid, Found out:weather! can you image! actually since I work for the Feds, weather is having a big impact everywhere, just not here, right now

Sleep tight east coasters!
Old 01-24-2011, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Hey, where is the new video? I'm not seeing a link.
boy... if it were a snake... lol

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...1-17-a-16.html
Old 01-24-2011, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rubypeanut
Just calculated that if I ate 30% x 1800 cal / 4 cal per gram = 135 g of protein! How in the world could I ever get that much with only 1800 cal's, without eating meat or dairy or egg whites galore? I know whole grains and legumes, etc. have protein but more like 6-10 g of protein per 200 calorie serving. Do we really need that much protein, or is a rich, developed nation "need" where we "need" so much protein but the rest of the world survives on 10% cal's from protein?
here's my food log so far for today
Old 01-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Hmph. Jealous of that Butterfinger, Mike.

My goals:

1. 250 cal deficit daily (till that last holiday pound disappears) Yes
2. Balance the pie chart Yes
3. 2-3 blue bottles of water daily Yes
4. Sleep at least 7 hours per night No
5. Floss Yes

6. One organizational task in home office daily Yes
7. One room of trim painted sometime this week Not yet-probably weekend
8. Try one new recipe or make over an old one - healthier Not yet

The Australian Open is cutting into my sleep. Probably should've picked another week for that goal .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.