Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/24 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/24

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/24

Old 01-30-2011, 03:45 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Sat check-in:
1.) Maintain calories at 1200 - 1500: 1334, umm...1762 a little over, 1422, 1225 - yippee, 1397, 1508
2.) Maintain carbs @ 40%, 23%, 46%. 36%, 43%, 35%, 38%
3.) Maintain protein @ 90g 143g (over board again!), 110g 72g, 80.3, 82g, 61g had veggie homemade pizza for dinner, so I kinda missed the protein mark
4.) Yoga 2 times: YES 1 down,but the Wed noon class is being suspended for a while - bummer, love the teacher and the time works well with other activities, 2 down added a 3rd this week. went to a special workshop on twists - it was great, so good for not only the back, but the whole abdominal area, legs and shoulders
5.) Crossfit 2 times: YES one down, great workout, 2 down
6.) At least 1 long run Sundaycoming up Heading out the door right now.

Kumochi, hang in there baby. If possible try to find some replacement activity when the food basket comes around (helping with the dishes, playing with the kids, reading, even taking a shower). But Holidays are supposed to be fun or at least a welcomed change in routine, so don't stress out. Just say no thanks and move on.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

Mern,

They changed the layout on map my run and it is pretty difficult to navigate through. Try MapMyRun.com - Map your Run, Running Routes. Find Runs Anywhere. Join our Running Community of Runners. Run GPS, GPS, Running Social Network. Google Map Run, Calculate Calories, Online Pedometer, Distance, iPhone, and More. I find it a lot easier. I think the biggest advantage is once you learn it, you start to create more and more routes. This was you don't have to walk the same area over and over. It take the boredom out of walking. Sometimes I like to do is just go for a random walk, then come back and log it.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:11 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Mern,

They changed the layout on map my run and it is pretty difficult to navigate through. Try MapMyRun.com - Map your Run, Running Routes. Find Runs Anywhere. Join our Running Community of Runners. Run GPS, GPS, Running Social Network. Google Map Run, Calculate Calories, Online Pedometer, Distance, iPhone, and More. I find it a lot easier. I think the biggest advantage is once you learn it, you start to create more and more routes. This was you don't have to walk the same area over and over. It take the boredom out of walking. Sometimes I like to do is just go for a random walk, then come back and log it.
Very cool site. Mapped my lunch time walk and it came up with 1.3 miles, just like my GPS.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-30-2011, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mecompco
Very cool site. Mapped my lunch time walk and it came up with 1.3 miles, just like my GPS.

Regards,
Michael
yeah. I find it to be very accurate... just more convenient.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator

1) drink a gallon of water per day yes 138.3oz, yes 202.8oz,no 101.4oz,yes 135.2oz,No 0 oz., 84.5oz
2) work out 3 days no (but I did cardio for 30 mins),yes + 30mins recumbent bike, nope, yes + 1hr tennis + walked a mile, yes + nearly 2 hrs. of walking, no
3) walk 15 miles 0,2mi,0mi,1mi,7.86mi,0mi
4) floss 6 times 1,1,1,1,Nope
5) average at least 300 cals deficient per day for 6 days (this number will reflect sleep being added in, making it harder to get to the #) -209, -375, -322, -871, -3207!!, -550
6) take in at least 145g of protein per day yes 185.3, yes 165.2,yes 159.6, yes 165.8,Nada,123.1
7) go two days without bread (last week I went one day w00t!) yes, yes
8) Finish the week no higher than 173# yes last night I was 177.4, this morning 172.0!

9) save a life... give blood yes
10) 6 random acts of kindness 0,1,2,0,0,0
11) keep spammers under control Yes -there weren't any
Old 01-30-2011, 07:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

So, last week was very good. Accomplished all my fitness goals, stayed pretty much on track with the diet, and ended the workweek feeling like I had actually gotten some stuff done. As a reward I figured I'd enjoy a couple of glasses of wine with dinner (to be honest a "couple" here = 3, not the usual 2).

Wham! that wine hit me like a ton of bricks! I was downright staggering getting the last of the kitchen cleaned up. It is debatable whether I actually passed out, , but let's put it this way, when the bed called I did not resist. (And slept quite well actually)

Don't quite know what was going on, but as I said it has been a very full week of workouts and I was pretty hungry by the time dinner hit the table, but it's not like I haven't had a glass or two over the last couple of weeks.

So I guess I had better put the alcohol restrictions back on the list tomorrow!

PS: Well done Mike on the tale of the scale.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default Sunday Check-in

I totally lost it yesterday, when I stepped on the scale and it had gone up 8lbs. I screamed at my husband and threatened to give up. However, I turned that anger into enegry and did my first ever 20 min workout on an elliptical...I have been gradually working-up from a 5 min workout at the beginning of the month.

So my mini-goals starting on Saturday were:
  • 1000 calorie deficit each day YES
  • elliptical 3-4 times per week (work up to 20 minutes) YES - 20 min.(Sat & Sun)
  • balance ball workout 30 min - 4-5 times per week YES 40 min (Sat & Sun)
  • eat breakfast YES (Sat & Sun)
  • limit grain products to one high fibre portion per day YES (Sat & Sun)
I can't explain the weight increase, but am confident that it is one of those anomalies or plateaus...here is hoping my efforts this week wil have a different result.

Wishing everyone the courage and discipline to meet your mini-goals as we start a new work week.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

Jacqueline, give it a couple days. Mathematically, you would have had to eat 28,000 calories above what you burned to gain 8 pounds. That's about impossible to do in a day. Most likely the bulk of it is water retention and other artifacts. If you eat clean for a couple days, then weigh in, it will certainly show that you've come down. Good job getting a good workout on the elliptical! You've shown that you're in charge...keep up the good fight .

Pam, congrats on the successful week, alcohol notwithstanding. Live and learn .
Old 01-30-2011, 09:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Jacqueline, give it a couple days. Mathematically, you would have had to eat 28,000 calories above what you burned to gain 8 pounds. That's about impossible to do in a day. Most likely the bulk of it is water retention and other artifacts. If you eat clean for a couple days, then weigh in, it will certainly show that you've come down. Good job getting a good workout on the elliptical! You've shown that you're in charge...keep up the good fight .

Pam, congrats on the successful week, alcohol notwithstanding. Live and learn .
Thanks Cassie...your support is appreciated. I like your perspective of being in control. I hadn't looked at it that way...but you are so right.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:22 PM
FitDay Member

Wow, what a weekend! I have not had a full weekend off since 2010 so I am super HAPPY right now! I had a great week although Friday night I really went overboard and consumed not one but three glasses of red wine! What can I say, I have been working so freaking hard I actually really don't feel very bad about it at all.

I made a huge pot of my grandmother's chicken cacciatore which I modified to make low fat and it is delicious! Now I have 3 lunches already made for the week.

For my physical health I will:

1. Eat 1550 calories or less per day: YES (1465) / YES (1532) / YES (1337) / YES (1365) / NO (1860) / YES (1340) / YES (1399)
2. Take my vitamin: YES / YES / YES / YES / YES / YES / YES
3. Do my workout every morning: DONE! / DID IT! / OH YEAH! / YES / YES / NO / YES
4. Eat less than 45% carbs per day: YAY 32% / No problem 31% / YES 35% / YUP 31% / YES 41% / YES 37% / OH YEAH 26%
5. Make a nice big pot of turkey chili to have for lunches I did it & it's delish!
6. Get at least 7 hours of sleep per night: YES / YES / Sweet dreams / YES / YES / YES / YES
8. Drink at least 80 oz. water per day: DONE! / YES / YES / YES / YES / YES / YES

For peace of mind & spirit I will:

1. Start & work on a new knitting project: NOT YET / Bought the yarn! / STARTED! / WORKED ON IT!
2. Clean my apartment: A LITTLE / oops / Worked on it! / YES IT"S DONE!
3. Read a little every night before sleeping: NOT YET / NO / TOO TIRED / NO / YES / NO
4. Work on my proposal: NOT YET / Working on it / Worked on it some more / NO!
5. Bust out my new sewing machine & try it out: NOT YET / NO

Hope you all had a great weekend! Tomorrow we start a new week. It's so exciting.

Mike, I sure hope you feel better!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.