Community
Notices

Motivational Thread starting 01/17

Old 01-19-2011, 12:30 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
yep, that's why I get paid the big bucks! Hey, I mentioned this here before, maybe a couple months ago, do what you want but I'm not putting on a dress!
No, with your build, I was thinking more of a skirt and top ensemble with matching shoes.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

1. Burn more cals than I eat by 250-300 (3 pesky pounds from holidays!). Yes-341, Yes-269, Yes-400
2. Drink 2-3 big blue bottles of water daily. Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Exercise six days. Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Keep carbs to 45%. Yes-45, Yes-44, Yes-45
5. 5 fruits and veggies daily. Yes-5, Yes-5, Yes-5
6. 25 grams of fiber daily. Yes-27.5, Yes-31.7, Yes-29.5
7. One organizational task in home office daily. Yes-big dent today, Yes, No-full day out seeing clients
8. Get trim painted in at least one room. No-probably weekend

Seriously, is it only Wednesday?
Old 01-19-2011, 06:33 PM
FitDay Member

1) eat strictly under 2000kcal 1826 yes
2) burn strictly over 2500kcal 2322 no
3) going vegetarian for a week (health reasons) yes
4) strictly exercise 30min dvd or 45min bike on alternating days yes bike zero oops
5) goodness, lose at least 2lb this week hopefully one doooooooown

Old 01-19-2011, 10:54 PM
FitDay Member

) 1500 calories or below: 1333, 1242
2) 8 glasses of water (at least to start) 108 oz; 108
3) exercise at least 3 times, even if it's at home: yes at home ice storm, NO
Something is making my blood pressure too high so
4) be mindful of sodium intake: yes, yes
5) meditate: yes, NO
6) taper off Lyrica: yes, yes
7) stop relying on pain meds: yes, yes
8) do not use Benadryl to sleep: yes, yes

It's been an incredibly stressful time. I don't even know how I'm getting through it. Yeah I do. DH has been an incredible support system. Sometimes I feel like I'm hanging on by a very thin thread. But I'm still hanging on.

Hope you all are doing well.

Last edited by canary52; 01-19-2011 at 10:58 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:29 PM
FitDay Member

Wind chill's 30 below - no WAY I'm running outside!

Check-in for Wed:
1. Limit calories to 1500 per day, except for SundayNOYesyes
2. Eat 5 frts/veggies per dayNOAlmostyes
3. Multivitamin dailyNoyesoops, forgot
4. Exercies intensely at least 45 minutes, 4 days minimum.Noyesno
5. Drink at least 72 ounces water per day.Yes!yesyes

6. Go through the paperwork clutter that's taking over.Started
7. Deep clean the kitchen.not yetStarted - fridge sparkles.yes
8. Play with the kids every day.yesyesyes
Old 01-20-2011, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

My Goals For The Week-

1. Eat at least 3 fruit and 2 vegetable servings a day. no close close
2. Re-eliminate bread! 1 piece no no
3. Carry a water bottle with me at all times. yes yes yes
4. Get snowshoes and gear ready for season. no no yes
5. Take multi-vitamin daily. yes yes yes
6. Move from "healthy eating mode" to "weight loss mode" to shed holiday pounds. yes yes yes
Non-Food Related Goals-

1. Make appointment for physical and mammo. no no next week
2. Be patient and supportive of daughter during finals week. (She's a bear!) yes yes yes
3. Schedule "me" time each day. Give myself permission to do nothing, for even a
few minutes, every day. yes yes yes
4. Say or do something nice or unexpected for someone each day. yes yes yes

Jeeves, oh Jeeves... where are you? I seriously need him today! Woke up at 3am with no heat. (It's 6 below now at 7:25) Waiting for repair man with my fireplace and oven on. LOL Is it Friday yet??? On a positive note, I'm feeling better. Thanks all. Are you suppose to see your breath in your own house? Just kidding! Husband asked me out for dinner and multiple drinks tonight. Sounds like a plan! =)

quinn
Old 01-20-2011, 12:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default Another day

It's so strange how we communicate only on the computer here, but we all seem to get sick at the same time, go up and down with our successes at the same time, having stressful days at the same time, etc. That is so great! Misery really can love company. And it is so much more helpful to see that someone else can do fantastic when I'm really struggling. Lets me know that all is possible. Yesterday was very stressful at work, had a few too many drinks last night and that put my eating over the limit .... again. At least I've figured out through all of this just what can make me maintain. Now I have to try even harder and get to the losing part. Have a super day everyone.
4) Think something positive about everyone I see...Even myself: yes, yes, yes
Old 01-20-2011, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

I hope I can keep checking into the forum next week when with my dad. It sounds like he's going to keep me running, needs lots of looking-after. So I'll probably be on-the-go with him to keep his mind from straying too much. Getting old . . . hmm. I had a freakish thought this week. I'm in great shape physically--gonna live forever. Yikes, I think my body is going to oulive my mind!!!

This morning my weight held so I got brave enough to take out the tape measure. What a surprise. There were small positive changes in the right places--my waist and thighs. Not much, half inch or so, but something. I have been working out regularly, esp the lower body. And I do all sorts of abs even though I hate 'em.

So good luck everyone with your goals this week.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:06 AM
Super Moderator

Report for Thursday:

1) Stop weighing myself every day - only Mondays and Fridays (this is going to be so hard for me) --> Tuesday was my last day avoided ze scale! yes!
2) Keep daily cals under 1600 (1300-1600 seems to be a good range for me - under 1500 would be ideal, but some days are hungrier than others) --> 1,379; 1,241 - a little low, but I was full, 1250
3) Ankle strengthening exercises every morning (no excuses!) --> 15 minutes Tuesday, Ten minutes Wednesday 10 Minutes Thursday
4) Exercise on Wednesday and Friday (I'm easing in due to an ankle injury) yes, 35 minutes elliptical
5) Drink more water - 8 servings a day --> Only 6 servings Monday., Five servings Tuesday, grr, 7.5 Wednesday
6) Take my measurements --> No No No
7) Get 8 hours of good sleep a night --> No, yes!, yes

Non-weight life sorts of things!
1) Make daily check-mark lists for work so as not to get behind task --> yes yes yes
2) Donate old clothes (mostly socks and out-of-style shirts) to charity --> No no tomorrow
3) Try one new recipe (Getting over a cooking phobia ) --> Friday night!

Update on my friend: All I know is his condition is "serious" at the hospital, but I'm not sure the extent of his injuries.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default Report card for Wednesday

1.Eat 1550 calories per day or less. YES (1515)/ YES (1442) / YES (1505)
2.Do the 30 Day Shred workout every morning. YES /YES / YES AGAIN!
3.Drink 10 glasses of water per day. DONE /YES SIR / DID IT!
4.Keep carbs to 45% or less. YUP (33%)/ YES AGAIN (35%) / OH YEAH (28%)

4.Work on my proposal. Not yet /Still nothing / A LITTLE
5.Finish knitting my scarf. Worked on it! /Worked on it some more / Getting there!

It is amazing to see so many people here! Thanks to all of you for the motivation and for sharing your daily experiences, successes and struggles. All of those are part of the journey.

I still have not shed my Christmas weight but I know it's just a matter of time.... not too much time though.

Have a spectacular Thursday, Everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.