Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread anyone?

Old 12-16-2010, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

good job on your goals, canary and cassie! i LOVE the new igoogle app for calorie counting i have. it's so quick and easy. hooray!!!

today I ate around 1800 calories, but, I ran 5.5 miles. I was aiming for 1500 calories but we had Taco Bell for dinner, and I looked up the nutrition info on the website and I thought it said one taco = 99 calories, so I ate 2.5 of them, but it really said 1 taco = 99 grams of serving size = 210 calories! Oops, oh well!

Last edited by rubypeanut; 12-16-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:28 PM
FitDay Member

Day 3 and 4

I will drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day YES
I will keep up with the blog I started as my way of acountability YES
I will start exercising again even if only 10 minutes a day YES
I will stick to my points and not go over them YES...and I lost 1 pound...down to 174 I will keep my enthusiasm up for my progress YES
I will try to be more patient with the kids YES, even though my oldest has been pushing it lately
I will not be down on myself for little set backs YES
I will plan out Christmas breakfast so it is healthy & easy to eat NO, haven't had a chance time wise

Hope you all are doing well...this has really been helpful to me! Just hoping to keep it up
Old 12-16-2010, 01:52 PM
FitDay Member

Report Card for Wednesday

1. 1500 calories per day-NO, Yes 1407, ??Yes I think
2. Exercise 45 minutes per day-Yes, Yes, no
3. 128 oz water-NO 115, Yes, yes
4. Stay away for the holiday goodies!-No this was my calorie downfall!, Yes, no
5. Be more patient with DH and children-YES, Mostly, yes
(Borrowed this from mommaof2girls)
6. Stay focused at work-NO, here on FitDay too much!, Nope left early!, Sort of
(only 2 weeks left here)

The girl scout party went well last night, once we finally got there. We were about 30 minutes from leaving the house last night to go to the party and DD, who is 11, and DS, who is 4, were fighing and DD decided to push him away and he fell on one of my plastic Christmas totes and it broke and went in his back. So needless to say we were off to the Urgent Care to have it checked because it was pretty deep. He is fine just a clean puncture wound. On top of this I ran out of gas on the way home!! We finally made it to the party about 45 minutes late so most of the food was gone!! I munched a little but I am pretty sure I was still under my calories for the day. The scale made me happy this morning too!
Old 12-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Reporting in...

1. I will sleep at least 7 hours a night. Yes No Yes Not even close Yes
2. I will stop working/running around long enough to sit down and eat my meals. Some No Mostly Yes Yes, but in a hurry and skipped breakfast...very bad
3. I will take my vitamins every day. Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
4. I will make it a point to think about things I'm thankful for daily. Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
5. I will catch up on billing so I can actually get paid for all this work. No Yes, done!!
6. I will get in 2-3 big blue bottles of water daily. Maybe No Yes If I count the tea No
7. I will get in at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies daily. Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
8. I will not allow the things I have to do to get in the way of exercise. Yes No Yes Yes-planned day off Yes

Glad everyone is okay, Glenda. Being late may have been a blessing in disguise! Way to go, momma and canary...looking good and very patient with the kiddos . Ruby, sounds like you more than negated the taco calories; I think you'll be fine.

I had one pizzelle tonight (yay that it wasn't four!). It was a frustrating day. We had our refi closing and the paperwork did not get to the attorney, then there was a problem with it. Long story short, we had to be there at 10 and did not leave until 3. We were late getting out the door; hence, no breakfast, and had to have lunch in an unfamiliar place. I had fish tacos without the sauce and just had to make a guess at how to log it. I had one cookie the attorney offered but passed up on the huge bowl of fun-size candy at the closing table.

Almost the weekend, ladies (which is bad and good at the same time )!
Old 12-17-2010, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

1) meditate; it really helps -yes/ yes/yes/yes I added a minute, silly I know but every bit help/yes
2) get back to writing -no, boo hiss/yes/yes i am determined/does sitting at my desk trying to think stuff up count? I'm gonna say yes/at least I'm at the desk trying for hours
3) treat myself better by eating better -yes and the scale finally moved today/yes but ate more/yes but I still had went out to dinner and some treats/had too much candy, nauseous/ate OK and then ate more, still lost weight though
4) endeavor to keep those calories at 1500 or lower; plan those meals! -1000, how did that happen? I did plan my meals and ate less, that's how!/1639/1133/1335/1665
5) go to the gym and not overdo it so I can continue to do it - yes and it was great/did floor exercises at home-abs and legs/no/yes gym and i am hurting a bit now/home abs and legs
6) bring those clothes sitting on my landing to Good Will -I got them into my car, does that count?/still in the car!/no/it was closed by the time I went/no
7) not say yes when I mean no especially to my child who badgers me till I relent; remember that being a parent isn't being a buddy -eh I'm still a wuss, getting better though/I'm angry at her and I guess I was pretty mean but she wasn't much better (she's 16)/we had a good and necessary talk about our difficulties, good start/good day with DD/hard time for her but we got along OK see below
8) drink more water!!! I tried! Not 96 oz though!!! I gotta work up to that!!!!/ very dehydrated; I am shrivelling and drying up as I age/drank more (have to keep track)/ I'm gonna say about 50 oz so it's a start/64 oz

Wow it sounds like a lots been going on for everyone. Glenda, I'm sorry to hear about what happened with your son but glad it turned out OK. A friend of mine once told me that once you have kids you're gonna make a lot of unexpected trips to the ER or Emergency Care. Hopefully not too many! (and to be fair my friends at least one of them was a daredevil like his dad) Cassie you sound like you did very well given the circumstances. Momma, you're doin' great!!! Keep up the good work!!!! Kittiesniffles where ya at? Everyone OK?

DD came home yesterday really disappointed beause she tried out for the school musical and got a call back for a small part while her best friend got called back for the lead role she wanted. I really do feel for her, it's like watching your friend walk off with the guy you have a crush on (which has happened to her too.) It's also been just a tough time for her in a lot of ways but hopefully she'll bounce back.

Last edited by canary52; 12-17-2010 at 02:31 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default Happy Friday

Report for Thursday:

1. 1500 calories per day-NO, Yes 1407, ??Yes I think, 1460
2. Exercise 45 minutes per day-Yes, Yes, no, 35
3. 128 oz water-NO 115, Yes, yes, No
4. Stay away for the holiday goodies!-No this was my calorie downfall!, Yes, no, yes
5. Be more patient with DH and children-YES, Mostly, yes, yes
(Borrowed this from mommaof2girls)
6. Stay focused at work-NO, here on FitDay too much!, Nope left early!, Sort of, No-at home with kids for snow day
(only 2 weeks left here)

I am so glad its Friday!! Started the day of with bad food. DD wanted a biscuit from Hardees on the way to school. I decided to get me one also since I didnt fix mine before leaving the house. Bad idea. I haven't had a fast food biscuit in a long time. I ate it and enjoyed it but just realized it was 620 calories!!!! Oh well I will do better this afternoon!!!

Ok ladies please tell me what a pizzelle is. I know its some kind of food but have never heard of it!

Canary-I feel sadness for your DD. I know that is so hard. Maybe you could take her to a movie or something today to get her mind off it!!!
Old 12-17-2010, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

Question Newbie

Hey all, everyone seems really friendly and supportive. This is exactly what I need. I joined yesterday. So I am in my second day. I am finding that the site itself is really holding me much more accountable already.

Like I said, I'm new 'round these parts and just really want to be involved in a support system worth having...

So, as I start reading this whole thread, can someone just simply "breakdown" the "rules?"

Thanks a lot!
WTG e1 on your achievements!

Tanya
Old 12-17-2010, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Tanya, welcome aboard! Jump right on in! I imagine we may be starting a new round of goals over the weekend, but the more the merrier right here right now .

Glenda, a pizzelle is an Italian cookie made on a special iron. Many people know them as waffle cookies, because they look like round, flat waffles with a design on them. They are very simple but very addictive and the durn things are shouting my name right now!!

Oooh, bummin' for your DD, canary. Nothing like being a mom to make you feel completely helpless. I'm glad you all are at least having some good talks...communication is often the hardest part.

I just need to get out of the house...maybe finish up some shopping. Keep on keeping on, everyone!
Old 12-17-2010, 05:15 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Tanya! Both to Fitday and to our little thread!

OK the "rules" such as they are:
You list the goals you would like to accomplish in the next week. They could be regarding diet, exercise, health habits (such as water consumption) or any positive change you'd like to make or activity you'd like to get done. Then you just write down your progress on them. No judgement. Lots of support. It's a win win and it really helps keep you on track.

We started this one last Sunday but you are welcome to join anytime. I hope you do!

And if anyione has anything to add to make the explanation better or clearer, please do.

Glenda, thank you for the kind words. DD has a date to decorate a freind's Xmas tree but tomorrow I will take her gift shopping for her friends and hopefully we'll do some bonding over the retail experience. Do not worry about the biscuit, it could (and has) happened to us all like that. Just eat a little bit lighter the rest of the day or tomorrow and you'll more than make up for it.

OK now to try to explain a pizelle. It's a thin circular wafer, very light, often anise favored, but it could come in other flavors like vanilla, very popular this time of year. They often have patterns that look waffle shaped or like snowflakes. They even have machines to make them, your just pour batter in and wait for them to cook up. Boy, I'm blowing this description. Cassie, someone, help!!!

Last edited by canary52; 12-17-2010 at 05:17 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:17 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks so much cjohnson and canary! So, am I correct in saying that I assume that new goals post over the wekend and the first "check-in" post is on Monday? Is so, that gives me plenty of time to come up with some realistic goals. I don't think I am going to start with too many either. I tend to let things spiral out of control with the need "to over achieve and tend to not succeed" move.

Again, to all in this together, thank you so much in advance for the support!
Good luck with your goals folks!

Tanya

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.