Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread, 11/16/10 >

7-Day Motivational Thread, 11/16/10

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread, 11/16/10

Old 11-17-2010, 02:25 PM
FitDay Member

Well, my neck is better.
Still exhausted and today at the end of work I just hid in a closet and started crying and crying from stress and misery! Oh well, soon it will be Thanksgiving. I don't know how people who work full time manage to cook and host Thanksgiving dinner (we always go to our friends house, stay at home mom). I could never go shopping and cook and prep next Wed after work!
Old 11-17-2010, 11:53 PM
FitDay Member

Report for yesterday:

1. Calories-1500-1600-NO, Yes 1572,
(Fitday calculates my intake at 1712?)
2. 128 oz of water-Yes-Yes-NO
3. 1 hour workout-Yes, No 30 min, 30
4. Clean my laundry room!!-Not yet, No, No

Ugh not a great week. My scale isn' being nice to me this week! It keeps going up! I haven't gotten all of my workouts in. I really think I need to drop my calories or something! I just dont know how I can eat 1200 calories and not be starving all the time. It just seems so low.

Yesteray I had to leave work early cause my 4 year old DS is now sick with the stomach bug. Fever and vomiting. So I am just patiently waiting for it to hit me. DH is home with him today. I was really hoping that this was going to be a good week but oh well.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:56 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rubypeanut
Well, my neck is better.
Still exhausted and today at the end of work I just hid in a closet and started crying and crying from stress and misery! Oh well, soon it will be Thanksgiving. I don't know how people who work full time manage to cook and host Thanksgiving dinner (we always go to our friends house, stay at home mom). I could never go shopping and cook and prep next Wed after work!
I am glad your neck is feeling better, but I hate you are so stressed right now. We usually go to my sisters for Thanksgiving and DH wants to stay at home this year. So I guess I am stuck doing the cooking. I am 35 and have never had to cook Thanksgiving Dinner. How lucky for me But I only have Thanksgiving Day off this year so I have no idea how I am going to get everything prepared! It may be a small dinner. Which is fine, it will only be my immediate family!
Old 11-18-2010, 12:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Glenda!
Thanks for the welcome. It's hard not to beat myself up over my huge lack of self-control, so it's good to see some positive attitudes!

So far, so good:

1) log my food intake here (and thereby pay some attention to what I eat!) Yup, working so far
2) drink only water and tea and tomato juice! Yes.
3) stay AWAY from carbs altogether, except some brown riceAlmost. I saw my vit E was low so I went looking for walnuts today - store didn't have em, so I got chocolate-covered almonds. And only ate 10.
4) stay within about 1300 cal for the next couple of weeksYes.
5) be a little bit accountable by checking back in here with you galsYes!

current weight: 72.5 kg down 2.5 kg
mini-goal: 70 kg by Dec. 14
end goal: 62 kg
Old 11-18-2010, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry you had a bad day Ruby. I hate when I feel like that. But today is a new day and hopefully you were able to get some rest and feel better today.

Goals for this week:

Stick to my daily menu I created - Keeping me under 1300, in order to get back on track - YES

Run outside 2x a week, Gym, 3x a week and one day of Plyo - Ran 4 miles last night and will be doing Plyo tonight
Eat healthy while in Vegas next week...the alcohol is going to kill me there but I am going to try really hard anyways.

Lost another half pound so still feeling really good!
Old 11-18-2010, 02:34 AM
FitDay Member

I am sorry you were so sad, Ruby. I hope things go better today.

Glenda, I sure hope you don't get the bug. So many people on this site seem to be getting it.

So, report card: for Wed and part of Thurs.

1) keep to (or below) 1500-1600 calories: 1750 but it was the coke and pretzels I needed to settle my tummy; tummy's weird; 1445, 1612(W) and Thursday not looking good
2) meditate more (it really helps)- nope; nope, YES and read some Pema Chodron-wonderful (W)
3) go to the gym or take a walk at least 3-4x - walked 1/2 hour; it was great, walked 1/2 hour again, does stretching count? (W) went to the gym for longer than I have in a while (TH)
4) drink more water (I have to, with these meds) water and errrm coke; about 50 oz, about 50 (W) and at least 20 so far
5) keep positive- do not take myself so personally I wasn't negative. sorta neutral; very positive, yes (W), trying (Th)
6) take these clothes I have been driving around for two months and actually drop them at Good Will - nope; nope got out bags to organize clothes and forgot to bring em into the car, no (W), YES FINALLY CROSS IT OFF THE LIST (and I even cleaned out my trunk too!) And I got rid of the autumn leaves shirt-Good-bye kindergarten teacher fashion! Yeah baby! (Th)
7) do good work (and keep in touch) - did work, whether it's good, well I'll find out tomorrow, yes I've been working a lot, called a friend before her big trip, yes lots of work, even throughout the early morning (2-5am) (W)
8) be compassionate to others, including and especially to the ones I find challenging- I'm trying this out on DD; I think it's working; she'll probably say it was "a fail"; yes, trying, yes (W), trying (TH)
9) get some new clothes so I stop looking like my own grandma- nope, YES I went shopping and it was GREAT and I want MORE (but sadly am on a budget) need to get sneakers and a few other things but No, NO

Be well, happy and healthy everyone!

Last edited by canary52; 11-19-2010 at 12:31 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday & Thursday Report Card:

This week for the benefit of my health and welfare I vow to:

1. Keep calories to 1,500. 1,479,1,922, 1,581, 1,498
2. Exercise for a total of 7 hours. 1 hr 45 min, 55 min, 1 hr 5 min, 0 hours - tried to go to Zumba, but class was canceled (3:45 total)
3. Keep carbs to 47% or less. 52%, 56%, 50%, 47%
4. Take a load of stuff to Goodwill. NO, NO, NO, NO
5. Drink 96 oz of water every day. YES, YES, YES, YES
6. Make my Christmas shopping list and scope out BF deals. NO, NO, NO, NO
7. Call and sign-up for the Turkey Trot. NO, NO, NO, NO
8. Get the elliptical fixed. NO, NO, NO, NO
9. Attempt the pumpkin/yogurt pie. NO, NO, NO, NO but have taken pumpkin puree out of freezer so will try it tomorrow for certain

Ruby I'm so sorry you had such a rough day, hopefully things will be better soon.

Canary, sorry to hear that you're in pain again. I am too, and my DH is so grouchy that I don't want to mention it to him either. Maybe we'll both get a really good night's rest and be better in the morning, I'm going to cross my fingers for both of us.

gmantych, I'm doing a small T-day dinner too, just the 5 of us plus my SIL. I'm going to keep it simple and somewhat healthy. I've put each of the kids in charge of a dish, which should make it sort of fun while we're in the kitchen together.

My stomach is much better, and I've done very well calorie-wise today and it's been one temptation after another all day long. I've been very much in control, which is completely out of character for me around the holidays. I even walked away from cheese cake after I had taken a bite of it and decided since it wasn't the best cheesecake I'd ever eaten, it just flat out wasn't worth the calories. And that is sooooo not like me. I also went grocery shopping since my local store is doubling coupons up to $1, and I passed up one frozen dessert after another and they all would have been less than $2. Again not like me.

Last edited by almeeker; 11-18-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:37 AM
FitDay Member

1) keep to (or below) 1500-1600 calories: 1750, 1445, 1612, 2050
2) meditate more (it really helps)- nope; nope, YES, yes
3) go to the gym or take a walk at least 3-4x - walked 1/2 hour; walked 1/2 hour again, stretching, gym
4) drink more water: water and coke; 50 oz, 50, 65
5) keep positive- do not take myself so personally:neutral; very positive, yes, tried but NO
6) take these clothes I have been driving around for two months and actually drop them at Good Will - DONE
7) do good work (and keep in touch) - yes, yes, called a friend before her big trip, yes lots, NO
8) be compassionate to others, including and especially to the ones I find challenging- yes; trying, yes, trying but NO
9) get some new clothes so I stop looking like my own grandma- No, YES, No, NO
Old 11-19-2010, 01:08 AM
FitDay Member

Well down another pound since yesterday....almost 100% rid of the water weight from eating unhealthy last week.

Goals for this week:

Stick to my daily menu I created - Keeping me under 1300, in order to get back on track - YES - Had about 1200 calories yesterday

Run outside 2x a week, Gym, 3x a week and one day of Plyo - I am getting sick like everyone else here it seems so did not work out last night and went to bed early. But will be doing my Plyo tape this afternoon when daughter takes a nap
Eat healthy while in Vegas next week...the alcohol is going to kill me there but I am going to try really hard anyways. - Still plan on eating healthy and working out on Monday while I am there

I am so glad this weight is coming off since I have been going back and forth for weeks now trying to get back down to where I ended up at 144. So once I reach that, I can officially say I am back on track. Hopefully just another day or so. Hope everyone has a nice weekend to look forward to and Happy Friday!
Old 11-19-2010, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

Report for Thursday:

1. Calories-1500-1600-NO, Yes 1572, Yes
(Fitday calculates my intake at 1712?)
2. 128 oz of water-Yes-Yes-NO-No
3. 1 hour workout-Yes, No 30 min, 30, 30
4. Clean my laundry room!!-Not yet, No, No, Saturday

Well the scales moved up again this morning. I havent drank all my water the past two days. And I have only exercised for 30 minutes. My calories have been pretty good though. I have got to stop the scale from moving in the wrong direction!!! I am going tonight to buy something new for fitness. I think some new DVD's to change up my routine some.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.