Community
Notices

I'm being honest when I say...

Old 11-05-2010, 01:45 PM
FitDay Member

Smile I can honestly say: Amazing inspiration....

I am brand new to fitday, and have been reading the forums to get a feel for the site.

I just want to say that I cannot believe that you are beating up on yourselves, when I read your start weights and current weights and see how far you have come! I can definitely relate to many of the challenges you have had to tackle and I can honestly say that I have taken inspiration from each of you.

I have not lost any weight since giving birth to my youngest child - 14 Years Ago! I am so tired of dealing with the extra weight and everything that comes with it, that I have undertaken "my lifestyle makeover". I quit smoking (using Champix) four weeks ago, which allowed me to start exercising moderately, which encouraged me to start dieting. I am currently on day 9 of Induction with Atkins. I have done a fair bit of research into both the pros and cons of Atkins, and have determined that this fits best with my lifestyle. I have tried modifying my eating habits in the past, with no success, so maybe this will kickstart the weight loss.

Once again, way to go to all of you and thank you for sharing your stories.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:39 AM
FitDay Member

It feels hurtful that someone is using what I said in another thread against me. I should thank you, Gamegal, because you made me realize that I should be very careful, not only about the questions I ask but about posting anything at all about my personal life.

canary52
Canary, You can try to be as hurtful to me in your comments as you want, but when you come across what was, in my perception, as attacking/criticizing someone in this thread that I and others have known for what seems like forever in this thread, then yes, I am going to show you what you have said in the past that would show you why I dont think it was curiosity that made you ask/say what you did. If I was incorrect, then I appologize and I also removed the quote from my post.

The difference may come from the fact that you posted you had under 15 or so lbs to lose, but Boo and I and many others who posted in the thread about honesty are working on over 100+ lbs to lose, so perhaps you weren't understanding that there are huge differences in eating habits, amounts etc than someone who needs to lose much less. I will write it off to that.

Good luck in your venture into a lifestyle change.

Firewife518

Welcome to the group! Please don't get the idea this is a drama filled board. It truely isnt, but once we get to know each other, we tend to protect others from what seems to be a put down or whatever... and you just happened in the middle of that lol. But 99.5% of the time, we get along and are very encouraging and supportive. And we are glad you are here!
Old 11-06-2010, 06:17 AM
FitDay Member

Amen to what GameGal said! Welcome aboard.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

Boo, sweetie, you are in a win/win situation! You are taking charge of your health and your life. YOU are in control, you are not being controlled. Rock onn sister!

YOUR BEAUTIFUL!

YOUR AMAZING!

YOUR COURAGOUS!

YOUR STRONG!

I wish I could steal all of your insecurities and self doubt. I'd bury them in the deepest part of the ocean so they would never surface again.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
I'm being honest when I say that I sincerely apologize if I hurt anyone with my insensitive question. I did not mean to diminish the importance of your pain and struggles. I honestly do admire your endavors to make positive change.
You didn't offend me. I've offended myself enough by what I was doing for so many years to end up in this situation! Even if my Mum laid the foundations for bad habits I've been an adult for 7 years and could've done something about this sooner. I put the blame firmly at my door and nothing that anyone can say would upset me more than my reflection in the mirror.

heritagehunter
- Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm feeling a lot better now than I have been over the last few weeks. Seeing big losses on the scale are encouraging, but they don't define me and I shouldn't let the little numbers slip by without celebration as I'm still working hard for each and everyone of them!
Old 11-07-2010, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

When I read canary's earlier comments I had intended to try and explain to someone that has never been in that place "how" it could happen. I didn't take it as an attack, more of just a question trying to understand. I have feelings about alcoholism that are similar to canary's questions, I can only drink so much before my body rebels in a violent fashion. I'm glad to say that I don't understand alcoholism from personal experience, but I do understand addiction all to well. I have spent most of my life at the mercy of food, always thinking about my next meal, occasionally sneak eating in private. My problems crept slowly up over the course of my life to the point of addiction, which I did not recognize until I'd made a commitment to lead a healthier life. I'm still fighting my natural inclinations towards food, a battle which I will probably be fighting until the day I die. At least at this point I recognize that I have compulsive behaviors and I've made some progress toward controlling them.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

OK well if neither Boo nor Almeeker saw it as an attack, then I will admit I jumped the gun and was wrong. I sincerely appologize.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:47 AM
FitDay Member

Same here; I misinterpreted your question and you also have my apologies.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:19 PM
FitDay Member

(((GROUP HUG)))

I have to say, you women are all brilliant and reading this thread restores some of my faith in humanity. With all of the conflict and gossip and hatred in the media these days it's pretty amazing that we have this wonderful little corner of the internet where we can share and be honest and connect in ways that just don't happen anywhere or with just anyone.

Almeeker you have expressed perfectly my perception and experience with food and weight and Boo you have hit the nail on the head with how I have felt about myself too. Both of you inspire me so much with your accomplishments! Canary you are obviously a good person and your words moved me and Gamegal you are a fierce protector. Your family and we, on the forum, are lucky to have you. Changeisgood, wow you are eloquent and so perceptive. All of you are awesome!
Old 11-07-2010, 03:30 PM
FitDay Member

well shucks! (kicking the sand in front of me) thanks! I think you're pretty neat too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.