Notices

Looking for Atkin's buddy(ies)

Old 11-04-2010, 04:22 PM
FitDay Member

Cool Looking for Atkin's buddy(ies)

Hi there,

I am looking for at least one buddy who is using the Atkins diet.

I started Induction on 28 Oct (forgot about Halloween, but managed not to cheat )

I need to lose at least 65 lbs, hopefully several before mid-Jan and the rest by Easter. Also quit smoking 7 Oct (thank goodness for Champix), and starting exercising a couple weeks later, so I am looking at it as a lifestyle change.

Would like to correspond with someone who is going/has gone through Induction and can provide any tips/support.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:06 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Atkins buddy

I. too am on an extremely low carb program very much like Atkins (did that, lost 100+ but gained it all back) for controlling my diabetes.

It can be so frustrating - did you know that broccoli has carbs! You get so tired of eating the same meat, fish, chicken each day.

One thing it does teach you well - we eat to live - not live to eat.

Contact me anytime - I'd like a buddy in this insanity.

Connie5410
Old 11-06-2010, 01:07 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Hi Connie,

I hear what you are saying - I thought I was doing good eating baby carrots for a snack, until I realized that 1 cup accounted for almost 25% of my daily (20g) allowance of carbs

I can empathize with the diabetes, I had gestational diabetes (diet-controlled) with my last three pregnancies (1997, 1996 and 1993). I just had my blood sugars checked and am ok for now, but want to ensure that I lose some weight as the Dr has advised I am more susceptible.

I look forward to having someone in almost the same boat to correspond with.

Good Luck!!!

Firewife518
Old 11-07-2010, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, Firewife, Glad you answered. I am totally new to this form of communication but am slowly getting more comfortable with it.

I am doing my diet for the preop for Gastric Bypass Surgery. I have to lose 10% of my starting body weight before they will schedule the surgery. I started out at 281.5 two weeks ago and am getting weighed next tuesday.

Don't you find the tools on this web site helpful? I try to enter all my foods before I eat them - that way I can keep track of them better.

With the holidays coming up, I have a great recipe for Atkins Cheesecake - it's to die for and has almost NO carbs! Would you like it?

Got to go do housework
Connie