Fell Off The Wagon

Old 10-23-2010, 11:33 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Fell Off The Wagon

For the past 2 weeks I've really struggled with staying on track of my weight loss, and food intake. I had an ACT exam today, so I spent many many MANY hours studying, and to boot I got really sick with the flu, and a stomach virus..ugh! So, though I have fallen off the wagon by not keeping track of what I eat, eating sugars, and not exercising, I managed to not gain but 1lb back.

I figured that I needed to focus more on my studies, and getting better than counting calories, but it doesn't excuse all the sugar in my hot tea, or the sweets I would eat when I managed to have an appetite. I couldn't eat a lot, but I didn't make the foods count when I did. So, I'm iffy about where that 1lb came from. It may even be water weight from retention. =S

So, I need a kick in the butt to get back on track. I have no excuses now. I am going to be studying again for an exam for next summer, but I have 8 months till then, so I can fit my exercise in unlike my cramming the previous week. ...

I hoped to reach my goal weight by January 1st of 130-140-ish lbs, but with the fact that I'm still hovering at 170 appraoching November, the outcome looks grim. Gotta make a new goal, and start pushing.

Any motivation tips welcome. Any advice or ideas on how to fit in exercise with study time also more than welcome. In need of new ideas to curb sweet cravings too.. =S
Old 10-24-2010, 12:31 AM
FitDay Member

When I was in school awhile ago, I used to make flash cards and carry them with me while I did my walks I could study at the same time.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by noelminneci View Post
When I was in school awhile ago, I used to make flash cards and carry them with me while I did my walks I could study at the same time.
This is a really good suggestion. I also did something similar to this - I either recorded my professor's lectures, or I would read my own notes on a recorder, pop it on my MP3 and listen to it while running/biking. Helps with multi-tasking when things get busy.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:35 PM
FitDay Member

When I was in college, I parked on the opposite side of campus and walked to all my classes, and any time there was a significant break between classes. I still miss wandering around, MSU's campus is very pretty.