Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 9/21/10 >

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 9/21/10

Community
Notices

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 9/21/10

Old 09-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Default 5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 9/21/10

Hi Ladies,

Going to check in early; I'm in the mountains for fall break and shutting down the computer for the next few days. Seems like a good time to try not logging and see what happens. Fingers crossed!

I had a busy, busy weekend; work emergencies and rush jobs; I ended up 9 AM to 10 PM straight on Friday and then had to do 25 pages of reports for Monday 8 AM. I am proud to say I got it done without eating mindlessly and without giving up my tennis match, which was my exercise for Sunday. However, I didn't sleep as much as I should have, always my bugaboo. But now that it's over and I'm in vacation mode, I'm slipping and doing too much trail mix snacking. So I'll report in next time on how it went and what the results were when I got back.

Hope you all had a great week; what's been going on in your world?
Old 09-20-2010, 10:24 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie, Congrats on not eating mindlessly during your work-crunch period! If you're going to be doing a lot of hiking, the 'crack' trail mix probably shouldn't be a big deal (though I like your idea to let hubby hold it)

Well, gals, I'm up a pound this week. Though I've eaten nutritiously, my caloric intake needs some tweaking. I'm not stressing it as I see this as "feedback" rather than failure. So hopefully next week I will be able to report that I'm back down.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 09-21-2010, 01:04 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone!
Not much to report other than I'm still hanging out at 118. Haven't been on line much over the past week as my schedule has been totally insane. Had a wedding and 2 required parties this past weekend (all out of town) so I was kind of at the mercy of what was being served. More family events coming this weekend... ugh. Didn't eat very well, I must admit, but was so busy that it didn't seem to do much damage. Will make a greater effort to eat clean this coming weekend as I just bought some awesome "skinny jeans" and boots that I can't wait to wear when it gets a little cooler!

Anxious to hear from everyone!
quinn
Old 09-21-2010, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

Days spent at gym working out: five
water intake: excellent (up from 1 liter a day to almost 3 liters a day)
Pounds lost: zero
Pounds gained: one

Hi ladies,

I am currently trying not to stress about the numbers on the scale. Because I'm doing just fine. I go to the gym, I drink a lot, I watch what I eat. No need to be alarmed. It would be just really, really nice to see the scale move into the right direction again.

Cassie, enjoy your vacation! I looked it up on the internet and it looks just BEAUTIFUL!

Beth, you are such an inspiration for keeping that weight in check!

Hope you all have a great day,

MollySue
Old 09-21-2010, 01:48 AM
FitDay Member

Hey ladies....been sick with sinus issues all week, you'd think i would have lost more, but I didn't work out at all. Still I think I'm down a pound or so! Either way it was back to the grind yesterday, strict counting and back to my workout 6days a week hopefully. I had an IMMENSE craving for ice cream last night, but settled for an apple
Old 09-21-2010, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone, I am excited to report that after many months, I am actually down one pound. The problem is that I tried this past week doing calorie zig zagging from a website I found online. I was alternating days of 1242 and 1102 and most days felt tired. I would wake up in the morning feeling weak. The website had those numbers for me based on my current weight and listed it as "extreme weight loss". The next numbers for rotating are for "fat loss" and is a three day rotation of 1518,1656, and 1380. That seems high in comparison to what I did this past week. Anyway, it has been sooo long since I have had any weight loss that I am hesitant to move up to more calories even though I wasn't feeling well on the lower amounts. Any thoughts??

Cassie-enjoy your trip!

Beth-I tried just the stability ball jacknives from the bodyweight 500 workout today-OUCH- I only did 30. I want to try the whole workout, but I had no energy for it this morning.

Quinn- your maintenance continues to be an inspiration. My kids keep trying to talk me into skinny jeans, but I'm not going for it yet.

Mollysue-good for you for sticking to your gym routine and water consumption. keep it up and don't focus on just the numbers.

ruthie-sorry you haven't been feeling well.good job on choosing the apple over the ice cream. that takes will power!
Old 09-21-2010, 01:02 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Guys,
I went to WW this week and I lost 0.8 the only slightly bad news is that I thought I weighed 132 last week, but I actually weighed 132.8. So yeah..still I'm at 132. hehe.

MollySue, I feel your pain about feeling like you're doing everything right and not seeing it come off. I hope next week it is different.

Mambo, congrats on your 1lb loss!!! Sorry you feel tired and weak...I wonder if your body will adjust to lower calories..or if you can do a midrange between the "extreme weight loss" and the "fat loss?"
Old 09-21-2010, 02:12 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone - I'm still hanging out around 116 - this week I was up .2 so I'm actually 116.6. I've been here for almost a month now. On the one hand I feel okay with it because I am re-evaluating my goal weight anyway and trying to focus less on a number. On the other hand it really is hard to keep seeing that number. And feeling like I've lost the power to change it is discouraging. I can see there are some things I need to change - maybe shaking up the workouts, maybe taking a walk after dinner, maybe not carbo-loading on Sundays, maybe not eating at night (even within my cals)? What else, I don't know. So I guess I just forge ahead.

Thanks for the inspiration. Hang in there, Sophie
Old 09-21-2010, 05:58 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone,

Not much to report in terms of weight loss (I'm hovering around 133 currently), but I did attend my first dance class and I have a tennis class tomorrow. I'm eating well most days, but am definitely falling victim to eating mindlessly while reading/watching TV. I think I really need to not buy foods that I abuse. I keep telling myself that I can have just a little (a piece of a dark chocolate bar; a few pretzels; a few tablespoons of hummus), but it never works out, so I really should just distance myself from the temptation. You all are very inspiring-- good luck this coming week!

Sonya
Old 09-22-2010, 02:14 AM
FitDay Member

Mambo- That sounds interesting, could you post the website you got that from? I'm very interested.