Notices

Buddy who needs to lose 150 lbs. or more.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by smooshmcsmeesh
I don't have a Facebook. My hubby keeps bugging me to get one, but I just haven't wanted to. I used to have MySpace and got tired of checking it and I have some weird aversion to posting on social networks.

But I promise to keep up with you here and on your blog. I am SERIOUS about this weight loss this time! It just feels different than my attempts in the past, and I'm excited about that.

haha, I know a couple people like that... A co worker/friend of mine refuses to get a FB account.
Anyways, I take it take means you don't have a blog either LOL...

BTW, I had a moment of realizing just HOW fat I have gotten the other day... I have a new roomate-- no clue what she weighs, but less than 150, I would guess... (i'm so bad at that)... I accidentally pulled a tanktop of hers out of the dryer yesterday... All I could think was HOLY SHIT, this thing is TINY! But really, its just normal sized....

Honestly, I don't think my clothes have been that small since 5th grade... (I didn't really get chubby until after 7th grade, and kept getting fatter and fatter)... I can't even imagine what I would look like at 150 lbs. I imagine myself as being a toothpick at that weight, LOL... but I don't think 150 is a toothpick... its just my mis-perception!
Old 08-08-2010, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

I am the same way. I was 60 lbs. in kindergarten, and always overweight for every age thereafter. I do recall in high school losing a little bit of weight -- though I was still chunky -- I think I got to 175 lbs.. It's hard to remember how I felt then, but I'm sure I probably still felt fat. What I wouldn't give to be 175 lbs. today! LOL

I've had that same realization over 'normal clothing' when I visit my sister in Florida. She has always been petite, same height as me, but normally weighted. She can still shop for items in the juniors' section, though she doesn't. But she has terrible eating habits. I think her daily nutrition consists of coffee, pretzels and an occasional candy bar. She moves around a lot, maintaining her home mostly, but doesn't do the gym or fitness classes.

Since we live so far apart now, I kind of want to surprise her by getting healthier & more fit, which would really make her happy. She knows that I've tried a lot over the years, and she's always been supportive, but I think it would fun to just show up there in March (next visit I have planned) and be like "TADA! Look at me!" =)

We can do this Chunky! Knock on wood I haven't been feeling depraved of any foods and I really haven't felt too hungry. I've been substituting fruits & veggies for all those processed snacks I used to eat, and even my ice cream cravings (which used to be daily) haven't been bad.

As for blogging, I do love to write, but I have no idea who would read it. And it wouldn't be as nice as yours with all the pictures -- which I love the visuals.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:24 AM
FitDay Member

My roomate is the same way--- her groceries are oreos, snack bars, etc. LOL.

I would read your blog LOL. And its easy to add pics... I use my cellphone to take pics, email them to myself and just upload them... it doesn't take long
Old 08-08-2010, 08:35 AM
FitDay Member

I might have to consider a blog then. Though, it'd probably become a billboard in the desert full of cobwebs after a time. I'm great at starting things, but terrible at finishing them. That's something I really want to work on about myself -- completing what I set out to do.

Especially when it comes to these lifestyle changes I'm making.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hiya Buddies! How's it going today?

I woke up feeling a little hungrier than usual, but I managed to still choose wisely at breakfast and drank a little extra water. I think part of that feeling was subliminal, as I was watching YouTube videos last night on weight loss transformations and workouts.

As I perused the many, many videos on there -- I came across one girl who went on a 40 day water fast for God. Now, I admire anyone who has spiritual conviction, regardless of their religion, but I found her videos so disturbing. She did three consecutive 40-day water fasts and looked utterly emaciated by the end of them. I was afraid she was going to die, and I couldn't stop watching it.

It didn't inspire me at all, it made me fearful for her. While she wasn't doing it for weight-loss, it made me think of all the people out there who try drastic measures just to drop pounds quickly (of which I have done in the past myself, but very limitedly) and how, inevitably, the weight just comes back on and then some.

This time I feel very different about it. While I want to see the numbers on the scale drop, I really don't care how long it takes. I want to change my life, I'm finally 'ready'. I want to be someone who enjoys exercising daily. I want to be someone who really looks forward to healthy, natural foods and who doesn't rely on food for more than sustenance.

I have been trying to focus every day on these goals. I am reading about health & fitness, I am putting motivational notes everywhere, and I am making it priority #1.

Anyway, sorry for the long ramble, but I hope you guys are doing well and feeling fine! Let's get fit!!! =)
Old 08-10-2010, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Buddies lol

I'm going to challenge myself for the rest of this week... I NORMALLY drink 100 oz. of water, exercise 15 mins (sometimes more), and eat up to 2000 calories.
Starting today, I am challenging myself to drink 120 oz, exercise 30 minutes, and eat up to 1800 calories! I weigh in on Saturday, and I NEED to see at least a 2-3 lb loss. (OK, I don't need it, but I really really want it!) So I am stepping it up a notch! Anyone else want to push themselves this week?
Old 08-10-2010, 03:37 AM
FitDay Member

Excellent idea Chunky! I'm ready to step it up a notch too!
I have been trying to get in some activity (movement) for at least 20 minutes everyday thus far. I would like to shoot for a 30 minute (minimum cardio) workout 3 days this week, and 3 days of light-weight training.

I have been eating about 1600 calories a day, and feel comfortable at that, so I may leave things there.

But I can always drink more water. I'm getting about 64 oz. a day and can bump that up to 80 - 100, but I don't want to get water logged. LOL

I'm also trying to absorb as much motivational material, books, videos, etc. as I can. I have a desktop wallpaper on my PC that says "Eat to Live, Don't Live to Eat" and I'm about to go to library to see if there are any new fitness DVDs for me to borrow.

BTW, I saw an add on the local Craigslist from someone looking to start a 'Weight Loss Group' and seeking buddies. I thought, "Hey, is that Chunky's post?" But I wanted to mention it in case it wasn't, because that might be another avenue of support for you. =)

Have a great week buddies! I'll check in later today or tomorrow.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:32 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Buddies!

Just wanted to post, as I haven't done so in this thread for a few days. How is your week going?

I read your blog yesterday Chunky and it sounds like you have a lot of fun stuff going on. Your meal pics have looked great and I'm really glad that you're doing some of the fun activities with your friends that you have planned.

I saw you are starting a book club too? How fun!

The scale isn't moving as much for me the past few days, but that's ok, because I'm losing inches. I can feel it in my clothing and I think today I am going to sift through my dresser and start pulling out my 'fat clothes' to box up and either donate to Goodwill or sell at our next garage sale.

Did you join the gym yet? I read you were going to do that too. Good luck to you hon, so proud of you! Keep up the great work.

PS - Where are the other buddies at? Don't be shy! Post an update!
Old 08-13-2010, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

Smoosh- that was my ad on CL haha.
Yes, I am starting a book club (woot woot)! Why, are you interested? :P LOL

Anyways, I am going to the gym tonight to check it out and whatnot (sign up?) I have never eaten this well for this long in my whole entire life. Seriously, I have not even justified one reeses pb cup LOL. I HAVE had a couple "treats"... a mini peppermint patty one day, a 3 musketeers mint bar one day, and junior mints a different day (actually I ate half the box one day and half the next LOL-- and yes, it was the small box).... But those fit into my calories for the day (they were my snacks)... And I didn't feel deprived. i could barely finish the 3 musketeers (even though the mint kind are pretty small), but it seemed sooo sweet.

The other stuff is going well. I have definitely done the more exercise... my calories have been averaging about 1600... as for water, some days i managed 120, others still only 100.

Like I mentioned on the other thread, I decide to kick it up a notch and the scale decides to let me down LOL.
Tomorrow is my official weigh in, so I will let ya know how that turns out.

Where are the rest of the buddies who wanted to be held accountable?! Ahem.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

I would love to join your book club, but my hubby and I are sharing a car atm and trying to cut down on 'excess miles'. Maybe you can let me know what you're reading and if I can pick it up at the local library I'll contribute feedback as a 'remote member'? LOL

My calorie intake this week has hovered between 1500 - 1800 calories per day for the most part. I haven't given in to temptation (yet), but I know that I have to learn how to deal with my trigger foods -- like pizza & ice cream. I haven't missed them too much so far, but when the craving comes, I am going to face it head on and know that I can handle it.

Let me know how it goes at the gym. Part of me would like to find a fitness center, but it'd have to be close to my home for me to use it. Fortunately I have a treadmill, which gets boring, but is useful to have. I have been doing segments on the Biggest Loser DVD, though I really have to push myself to get started. Once i'm into it though it's easier.

Today I feel a little more tired than usual, so I may take a cat nap for 20 minutes and see if that helps. =)

I used MapMyRun.com to figure out the distance around my block, and one lap is .37 mile. So, I guess I did walk just over half-a-mile yesterday by doing two laps! Yay me! Eventually I want to be able to walk to the library and back, but there are some steep inclines, so I have to work up to that.

Have any fun weekend plans?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.