Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
No more jiggling July .. 100 plus ladies >

No more jiggling July .. 100 plus ladies

Community
Notices

No more jiggling July .. 100 plus ladies

Old 08-02-2010, 07:10 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone =),
Is this the 100#+ group that I read about in the other threads?
I have been a subscriber to FitDay for quite some time, though this is my first venture into the forums. I have yo-yo dieted throughout my life and have over 100 lbs. that I'd like to lose.

I am 43 yrs. old, happily married, have a very sedentary lifestyle, and really need some buddies for support. I live in a very rural area and work from home, so I have limited access to RL support groups.

I'm already really encouraged by many of the posts I've read so far, and look forward to being active on the forums.

Good luck to everyone with your personal goals.

Best always,
Smoosh
Old 08-02-2010, 09:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hello all,

I am back again after a brief recess, so to speak. My test came out well. As it turned out there was a crimp in my breast that read as a lump and I did all that worrying for naught. I am sorry that I have not posted in such a long time; it is just that it has been very busy around here with the construction and preparing to go to school and I actually did start studying the subjects that I took thirty years ago as I am unable to take them again due to the good grades that I received then.

I haven't read all that I missed in the forum and am taking my best guess as to what week it is for me. My son and I are doing well on our weight loss journey and as of this week, I am under one hundred to go to goal and over fifty from my highest weight.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:14 AM
FitDay Member

JAYNIEEEEEE, good to have you back lady!!!! I'll admit to being just a little worried when we didn't hear from you for so long. But I know people get busy, life takes over and your cyber-life ends up on the back burner. How's the reno going? My parents are in the middle of a renovation too, seems to me they were in the middle of a renovation 25 years ago when I moved out. But that's life in the homeowner lane isn't it?
Old 08-02-2010, 01:02 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies,

TLC has a special show on this Friday called, "How I lost 100 lbs". See more details here: TLC WEIGHS IN WITH NEW SPECIAL ?HOW I LOST 100 LBS? : Discovery Press Web
Old 08-02-2010, 01:25 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the tip on the TLC show. It sounds great! I'll have to set the DVR. Thanks!
Old 08-02-2010, 11:36 PM
FitDay Member

Oooh, I wouldn't mind catching that show... but I don't have that channel (I get only basic cable that came with the internet for free, because I honestly never watch TV). Poo.

How is everyone doing? I feel great

Although, I am a little confused... I was concerned that a 10 lb loss for August would be pushing it...
But I weighed myself on July 31st at 350.... Today I snuck in a weigh in and I'm hovering around 341/342. How is that freaking possible!?
Old 08-03-2010, 01:48 AM
FitDay Member

smooshmcsmeesh Yep! this is that group! welcome!

Jaybrodz Welcome back! Nice to meet you.

ChunkyDunk - that's great news! Keep it up.. wont always be that easy/quick.. but be thankful for all the unexpected perks.

Hope everyone else is having a good week!!
Old 08-03-2010, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

busy right now but I weighted today and I am down from 240 to 238.50 yay lol. I hope it keeps getting lower
Old 08-03-2010, 02:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by christineval
busy right now but I weighted today and I am down from 240 to 238.50 yay lol. I hope it keeps getting lower

Woot! Awesome It WILL keep getting lower as long as you keep plugging along this positively!
Old 08-03-2010, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome smooshmcsmeesh,carrenross,karen9stauffer, and neaner1983! Feel free to jump right in with any questions that you have, or just a recap of your day when you need a boost or some encouragement. We wont' bite There's great advice and motivation to be had here.

carrenross-Congrats on starting the exercise! I started out with walking too, 2 times a day for about 20 minutes, 3-4 days a week. That will really help jump-start your energy. Good luck!

And welcome back Jaybrodz! I'm glad to hear you are doing well & such great news about the test results!

Hey GameGal, don't let the carb overload get you down. It's really hard upping calories & try to do it with healthy choices. Every day is like a puzzle for me, trying to get the right amount of calories along with the right combo of carbs/fat/proteins.

Originally Posted by almeeker
It's very hard to stay on plan when you have no control over the selection. I thought I was doing pretty well yesterday, until we all went back to the buffet for ice cream. I just got a small cup, maybe 1/2 cup measured out, which I was thinking was maybe 90-100 calories/serving. Then all 3 of our children couldn't finish theirs, so DH and I finished it up for them. Which ended up adding maybe 2 more cups of ice cream to the half I had already eaten. What I did not know is that soft serve ice cream has like 350 calories per cup!!!! So now I am a fat girl again.
Ha, that happened to me with the Wallaby Darneds I had at Outback last month. I was horrified when I figured out one drink was almost 600 calories, and I had TWO! You just don't realize how many calories can be in one little splurge.

ChunkyDunk78, could you also try one of those pedal exercisers? They would be great to get some activity in, but you could sit down with a lot of back support so it shouldn't aggravate your back. Also, wow, what a big loss! Usually that kind of loss has to do with some water retention...have you been drinking more water lately? Regardless, it's exciting!

Congrats christineval on the 1.5lb loss! Awesome news!

My official weigh yesterday...234.4. That's a 3.8lb loss total for last week. I'm very pleased. No weird issues or bloat from TOM and I think it's due to the new BC pills. I'm keeping around 1600-1800 calories a day, and doing some sort of activity every day, with hardcore exercising 5 days a week (treadmill, kickboxing, yoga, swimming). Planning on doing the same thing this week & hoping to see a 1.5 to 2lb loss for the week.

My next mini-goal is 228...that would be 25lbs lost! I'm hoping to hit that by the end of August. Only 6.4lbs to go!

I hope everyone is having a great week! I'm still stressing over our financial situation, but other than that, I'm feeling great today!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.