Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
No more jiggling July .. 100 plus ladies >

No more jiggling July .. 100 plus ladies

Community
Notices

No more jiggling July .. 100 plus ladies

Old 07-28-2010, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default Water

I've been fighting to get enough water down this week! One thing I have noticed is that I have way less headaches than I did when I drank soda and ate a lot of sugar.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ChunkyDunk78
I've been fighting to get enough water down this week! One thing I have noticed is that I have way less headaches than I did when I drank soda and ate a lot of sugar.
I'm exactly the same. Not really a fan of water, and I never really feel thirsty so I have had to set periodic alarms just to remind myself to get a drink!

I don't get many headaches now either, so it must be universal. That's a positive you should definitely smile about!
Old 07-28-2010, 06:01 AM
FitDay Member

I don't mind water so much, actually I quite like it. My trouble is the kids, they haul off with my water bottle and then I have no idea if I've finished it or lost it to a small person? So maybe I got in all my water, but then again, maybe not. I've never really had headaches, but I had all sorts of stomach issues before I started doing this, and they are pretty much gone, unless of course I eat too much for dinner.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

I hate water. Doesnt matter if its tap, water fountain. bottled. I literally gag when drinking it. I have been this way since I was a small toddler.

So, even tho some say this doesnt count as water because its not 'pure', I get flavored water, iced tea, some diet soda, crystal light etc. If its got a flavor I am ok with it. I just kind of sip at it all day long. And I probably only take in about 40 - 45 oz a day but for me thats plenty because I have a huge water retention problem.

Interesting to hear that headaches and tummy probs are being helped by water.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by GameGal
I hate water. Doesnt matter if its tap, water fountain. bottled. I literally gag when drinking it. I have been this way since I was a small toddler.

So, even tho some say this doesnt count as water because its not 'pure', I get flavored water, iced tea, some diet soda, crystal light etc. If its got a flavor I am ok with it. I just kind of sip at it all day long. And I probably only take in about 40 - 45 oz a day but for me thats plenty because I have a huge water retention problem.

Interesting to hear that headaches and tummy probs are being helped by water.
Actually I've always been a big water drinker, so I don't think my stomach is better from that so much as healthier portions. Your water retention problems might actually be caused by not drinking enough. When I was pregnant I became dehydrated, and one of the symptoms was swelling of the hands and feet. So weird, you would think it would be the other way round. At the time the doctor told me that if the body can't flush out salts, the cells in the body retain water, blah blah blah, so drink lots of water and the swelling goes away. Have you tried green tea?

I'm surprised to hear about the headaches too, good to know.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:33 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, the iced tea that I drink is raspberry green tea. I dont like hot tea ( unless I am at a chinese restaurant) but the iced version is pretty good!

OK ladies I have an unusual problem. Remember I went to the Dietitian and she said no less than 1200 but try for 1500? Well I have been between 600 - 1000 for quite a while now and I just can not follow the exchange plan.. and so I am having a heck of a time eating enough calories.

I was not going to post here because I know most of you are struggling with the opposite problem, but if I dont eat more, I cant lose more.

It appears I have gone maybe too far to the healthy side, the salads , tuna, veggies. fruit. And I do eat meat and sandwiches, even a protein bar. But by the time I eat that stuff, I am full and frankly tired of fruit, veggies... and yet my calorie count is barely topping 800. I am more a grazer than an entire meal eater. Anyone have any suggestions?

On a personal note that has nothing to do with food.. I would appreciate any good thoughts/prayers... about 6 months ago, I had to put down my best friend of 21 yrs ( Skipper ) and now my 18 yr old ShizTu appears to have had a stroke and cant really use her back legs. And she has stopped eating. I am devestated. I know it is cruel to keep her in misery and selfish on my part. So I have had to make an appt to take her in next Tuesday. My pups have taught me so very much about life and love and responsibility and friendship and unconditional love. I already am not handling it well and the closer it comes, I know from last time, I will get to be a basketcase. Please keep my baby in your prayers.. her name is Twinki. Thanks.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

Thoughts and prayers and hugs out to you Gamegal. Sooo very sorry to hear about your little Twinki. Losing a pet is truly awful. But holy cow 18 years? That's like 126 in dog years, if she's been in good health all this time, that in itself is a blessing and pretty darn amazing to boot! Concentrate on the blessings, and hopefully that will bring you some comfort in the dark days ahead.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:23 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Gamegal, I sometimes don't eat enough cals too. Often its the opposite problem, but last week I was having trouble making it to 1200. Today I'm topping 2000.

Have you tried making smoothies? They are easy to slurp down the calories. You can put seeds in them to boost calories--like hemp, chia, or ground flax. They are healthy fats, fiber, protein and give me lots of energy. I also mix in spinach because--believe it or not you can't taste the spinach, and it's extra iron.

You can use: milk, frozen banana, lots of spinach, berries, yogurt, seeds or protein powder and then whirr away. The only slight pain is cleaning out the blender. Although I just give it a good rinse and only really clean it after a few uses. I also make smoothies to be super low cal, if I've already consumed a lot. Honestly, just milk, 1/2 a frozen banana, and 2 cups of spinach tastes really good, gives me energy, and is maybe 100 cals.

Another way to add healthy calories is by making "raw cookies". Yesterday I put cashews and golden raisins in the cuisinart and the consistency is like raw cookie dough--i love the gooeyness. I rolled them into balls and put them in tin foil in the fridge. They are delicious cold. But they are about 150 calories a pop, so be careful. They really hold me over though. I was thinking that adding coconut would be good too...or a few chocolate chips.

Just so you know, I"m not a total health food nut, but lately I have been trying these sorts of things! I am trying to eat foods that I don't lead to ridiculous cravings, so the less processed the better. I haven't posted on this thread in a month or so, hello to everyone, even though most don't recognize my name.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:31 PM
FitDay Member

p.s. I'll be sending thoughts and prayers to you and Twinki. I'm sorry you have to go through this difficult time right now. I know it must be stressful. Remember all of the good times you shared, let those memories bring you strength.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:48 PM
FitDay Member

Smoothies... Adding a slice of cheese to a sandwich... having hummus with your veggies...
I'd have to actually see what you eat in a day to try to see where you could sneak in some calories that won't make you overly full.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.