Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
No more jiggling July .. 100 plus ladies >

No more jiggling July .. 100 plus ladies

Community
Notices

No more jiggling July .. 100 plus ladies

Old 07-21-2010, 02:08 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Susan8Less

Have you ever noticed that Fitday doesn't have PASTA in their list?

Pressing onward...
I have a feeling I will never eat pasta again. Actually, what I found as an alternative that didn't seem that bad was egg noodles. They taste like pasta to me, and fulfill that craving, but had some protein, and not as many carbs.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:07 PM
FitDay Member

I couldnt find pasta either and so I created a 'custom food' with the nutrition info from the package. Barilla pene is 200 cal. for 2 oz uncooked. 40 carbs.

As for the upping the calories... I have been having this ongoing disagreement with my doc about this issue. He says stay at 1200. I say I need to up it. So tomorrow morning, I am going to see a registered dietitian and see what she has to say about it.

As for the differnces of how many calories you need, you can go to 100 sites and get 98 different amounts. They all ask the same questions.. age, activity level, etc.. and so I dont know what makes them all different.

I used to eat just once a day, but it was usually a huge, fattening meal. And I would guess I was consuming close to 3500 cal a day, mostly from carbs and fat. So you would think by dropping to 1200 and going from a couch/computer potato to working out 5 days a week, I should be losing a whole lot... but its incredibly slow. So I dont know what the answer is, but I plan on finding out with the RD tomorrow and I will post what I find out.

Good job everyone.. even when we mess up, its great that tomorrow is a whole new start and we encourage each other. (I say this because I messed up big time.. I didnt stop to eat today until I was starving and then went to McD's .. so tomorrow is another day!

Last edited by GameGal; 07-21-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:32 PM
FitDay Member

FitDay's food choices leave a lot to be desired... But if you don't have the package handy, CalorieKing.com has just about everything on its website. Super helpful. Grats to everyone's losses and, as always, good luck on your journeys.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:11 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by GameGal
So you would think by dropping to 1200 and going from a couch/computer potato to working out 5 days a week, I should be losing a whole lot... but its incredibly slow.
Don't get disheartened by the slow loss! Think how long it took to put the excess weight on, but really only a fraction to take it off in comparison.
I've been overweight since I was about 11, so that's 13 years of bad food choices and gaining about 150lbs of excess fat. Realistically I've been told I can take all that off within 2 years if I work hard and remain disciplined.
I think what you and others have achieved so far is amazing! It's blooming hard, but so worth it.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:53 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
Don't get disheartened by the slow loss! Think how long it took to put the excess weight on, but really only a fraction to take it off in comparison.
I've been overweight since I was about 11, so that's 13 years of bad food choices and gaining about 150lbs of excess fat. Realistically I've been told I can take all that off within 2 years if I work hard and remain disciplined.
I think what you and others have achieved so far is amazing! It's blooming hard, but so worth it.

I agree. And think of what you've already lost! I know I want to lose every week, as does everyone I'm sure. But in the big scheme of things, its the overall picture that matters!

On that note, todays my 6th day at this-- I'll do an official weigh-in on Saturday. But all week I have felt AWESOME, attributing that to eating healthier, feeling powerful, and drinking water... But today I woke up and feel like crap. My stomach feels a little sick, and I don't even want to drink water (I forced myself to eat breakfast, because I know I would just choose crap later). But why do I feel like crap?
Old 07-21-2010, 11:56 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mstaff4564
I didn't even realize that was an option. Mine is now public, so feel free to check it out.

As a side note, I'm beginning to have a theory about my weight-loss full stop. Due to stress last week, there were a few days that I really cut down the amount of calories I ate, but I still had 4 days of pretty moderate to intense exercise. I wonder if my body is going into "starvation" mode because I'm cutting calories too much?

It's confusing because Fitday has me at a 1000-calorie deficit (somewhere between 1500-1800) based on the activity level I chose (sedentary, since my job is a desk job) daily, but I'm also looking at SparkPeople, and they recommend that my calorie range should be 1,760 - 2,110.

The Freedieting calculator has (with a 5x a week exercise selection) my extreme fat loss calorie level as 1912 with my BMR at 1812.

So now I'm not sure what I should be doing. I'm trying to push to work out an hour a day 6 days this week (with a 2 hour day on Saturday), so do you think I should up my calorie intake? Should I wait another week & continue as is to see if the result is the same before changing it?

Any advice is appreciated.
I wonder the samething actually. I am working ut 5 days a week at lunch for 45 mins doing spinx2, stepx2 and pump and wonder if maybe I am not eatting enough to allow for that. I have never worked out 5 days a week and I have now done that since the end of Feb but have only lots 10 pounds in total. Now I hardly think I am eatting that much Nutella to warrant this lol plus I eat healthy the rest of the time anyway.

Thanks so much to everyone for posted their food journal so i could read it.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ChunkyDunk78
On that note, todays my 6th day at this-- I'll do an official weigh-in on Saturday.
My official weigh in day is Saturday too!
Good luck! I'll keep an eye in your progress.

As for feeling unwell in the morning I get it too. I don't know why, but having toast with scrambled egg and tomatoes helps me. Maybe try avoiding dairy on the mornings you feel like that. It unsettles my stomach even more when I feel ill.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

As far as the calorie thing is concerned...the last time I was serious about weight loss (2005), 1400 calories worked pretty well to a certain point. At the time, I started off at 260 and figured my BMR. I subtracted 500-600 off that, and used that as my guide. I know BMR calculators can vary widely in what they say. I was smaller and younger at the time, so I clocked in with a BMR at ~2000 cal/day. The first month, I dropped 10 pounds without even adding exercise. Then I started exercising 3x per week, eventually I was doing about 1.5 hours 3x per week. Within 5 months I ended up at 225.

When I weighed in at 309...+5 years older I got 2187. So I think 1400 calories is still reasonable for me. I'm also aware that once I get around 225-230, things start slowing up tremendously. So, when I get to that point, I will probably shave off another 100 calories, and add in some extra exercise. I am also well aware of how lean body mass helps! Back in 2005, I dropped the last 5 pounds and really had no clue because I had stopped exercising and was still eating within my budget. That's why I know, building up muscle helps so much.

Basically, I like to work with a reasonable BMR...if it says something like 2600 calories (to me) it sounds ridiculous! Any calculators I use, I input the least amount of activity (I know this is not required for BMR). I know I'm not just laying on the couch all day, so that gives me a cushion to work with. So, if I'm really burning an extra 500 calories a day due to my lifestyle...that's good. But, I don't factor it into the equation. Too me, it's just icing on the cake.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:09 AM
FitDay Member

My official weigh in day is Saturday too!
Good luck! I'll keep an eye in your progress.

As for feeling unwell in the morning I get it too. I don't know why, but having toast with scrambled egg and tomatoes helps me. Maybe try avoiding dairy on the mornings you feel like that. It unsettles my stomach even more when I feel ill.
Awesome I'm also following your blog, so maybe we can hold each other accountable?
Old 07-22-2010, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

Amen sister !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.