Notices

Jump in and join us June 100 plus ladies

Old 06-30-2010, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

Morning everyone
I was feeling a little out of control the last month or so and kept checking around the net to see if there was something that could jump start me again..and I have found it..so far its working. I joined the 50000000 pound weight loss challenge. On the site when you register they give you a menu for 30 days of clean eating...I like that. No thinking involved for me..I look up the menu the night before and make sure i have what I need and its all done! Im on day 2 right now and already the scale is coming back down. It does tend to be more lower carb eating so Im happy about that...but I can have fruit and whole grain bread (can eat a sandwich every day if I choose) and allows for some small treats ..such as a handful of pretzels (and chips but I know I coudlnt stop at a handful of those..even a small browie if I choose) I was watchign Rachel Ray the other day and Dr. Ian was on the program talking about the 4 day diet..so I went searching and found this site of his. Im still intrigued about the 4 day diet...and may pickup the book if I can find it here but for now will continue with this plan. I struggle so much in the summertime...
Glad to see all the new faces...sorry I dont have time to post to everyone right now..but will be off for the summer starting tomorrow and will catch up with everyone then.... maybe with a new recipe or two.
Have a great OP day eveyone.....drink your water!!
Old 06-30-2010, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

I've really been struggling with willpower lately. I don't really know why, but there it is. I think my trouble started with the strawberry picking, now it's raspberries. When I'm outside doing all that stuff I eat mindlessly, and the berries are full of carbs so when they taper off I need a fix again. Which puts me right back on the vicious cycle that had me at double a healthy weight to begin with. So far I've only put on a couple of pounds, but I need to nip this in the bud or it will spiral completely out of control. I've been over my calorie budget 9 out of the last 10 days. Not by a lot, but by enough.

This morning I got up early because I couldn't sleep and do you know what I did? I ate ice cream, like 1 1/2 cups of Breyers Vanilla Bean (at least it wasn't chocolate). This is the sort of thing I used to do almost daily, but I haven't cave in to that craving in at least 6 months. Okay so I forgave myself the slip up and planned my day around the 400 extra calories I shoveled down before the sun came up. But all I want right now is a King sized Snickers bar, (let's make that 2) and a lasagna. Notice I didn't say "a piece of lasagna", that's right girls I want the whole bubbling gooey thing. Seems I've turned into Garfield, fat cartoon cat extraordinaire.

Last edited by almeeker; 06-30-2010 at 05:46 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:35 AM
FitDay Member

I LOST 34.5 INCHES IN 8 WEEKS! I'm so happy I wanna pee.
Yay Skinny! That is so awesome. In inches, you basically lost my stepson (who is around 3 feet). That is so cool.

Originally Posted by almeeker
I've really been struggling with willpower lately. I don't really know why, but there it is. I think my trouble started with the strawberry picking, now it's raspberries. When I'm outside doing all that stuff I eat mindlessly, and the berries are full of carbs so when they taper off I need a fix again. Which puts me right back on the vicious cycle that had me at double a healthy weight to begin with. So far I've only put on a couple of pounds, but I need to nip this in the bud or it will spiral completely out of control. I've been over my calorie budget 9 out of the last 10 days. Not by a lot, but by enough.

This morning I got up early because I couldn't sleep and do you know what I did? I ate ice cream, like 1 1/2 cups of Breyers Vanilla Bean (at least it wasn't chocolate). This is the sort of thing I used to do almost daily, but I haven't cave in to that craving in at least 6 months. Okay so I forgave myself the slip up and planned my day around the 400 extra calories I shoveled down before the sun came up. But all I want right now is a King sized Snickers bar, (let's make that 2) and a lasagna. Notice I didn't say "a piece of lasagna", that's right girls I want the whole bubbling gooey thing. Seems I've turned into Garfield, fat cartoon cat extraordinaire.
I hate that the carb monster is sneaking up on you I think he in particular is what makes it so hard to see this thing through. You've accomplished so much though, and I'm sure your energy & health has improved so much that you will fight to keep it! Slip-ups are going to happen because we are human, but we just need to buckle back down. Thinking about those guys whistling at you or being a "skinny girl" at Applebees.

I've had a ton of trouble with that in the past. I'd try to lose weight & do well with cutting calories until I have a couple of desserts one week at work or some cupcake therapy for a stressful day. Next thing you know, my body is dying for a brownie, a cheeseburger, spaghetti, anything full of sugars or carbs. I'd fail because I was too focused on the calories and not the nutrition. I'd hit my calorie limit, but it would end up being 70% carbs and because I have PCOS and IR and my body always craves carbs. I'd feel mentally & physically crummy as a result of the influx of carbs, and I'd give up trying to lose weight.

Speaking of PCOS and IR, I had a follow-up visit with my OBGYN today. Based on my bloodwork, he confirmed that I do indeed have insulin resistance and elevated testosterone levels (I'm a manly woman who craves sugar, WooHoo!). But I'm not diabetic (even better). He is thrilled by the 10lb weight loss & thinks I'm doing great with my 50C/30P/20F ratio. He didn't even put me on any medication because he said the weight loss & reduction of carbs would improve my IR faster & better than medication would. He also put me on a different BC pill to fix my wacky testosterone level.

I'm so happy I decided to change this stuff 2 weeks ago. The thought of just now changing how I eat is a sad thought. 2 weeks has felt like 2 years in terms of my increased energy & mood.

Hubby & I are supposed to go hiking tomorrow on my day off. My thighs are a little sore from the core exercises I did yesterday, but I'm trying to walk that out a bit today. Hopefully they'll be ready for the hike
Old 06-30-2010, 02:19 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by pattialbert
Morning everyone
I joined the 50000000 pound weight loss challenge. On the site when you register they give you a menu for 30 days of clean eating...I like that. No thinking involved for me..I look up the menu the night before and make sure i have what I need and its all done! Im on day 2 right now and already the scale is coming back down. It does tend to be more lower carb eating so Im happy about that...but I can have fruit and whole grain bread (can eat a sandwich every day if I choose) and allows for some small treats ..such as a handful of pretzels (and chips but I know I coudlnt stop at a handful of those..even a small browie if I choose)
Hi pattialbert,

Did you have to pay to get the 5 million pound weight loss 30 day plan? I was going to join Jillian Michaels "free" plan, but after I answered all the questions, it asked for my credit card! I'm curious if it's the same thing for the 30 day plan you joined?
Old 06-30-2010, 04:29 PM
FitDay Member

I went to the 500million pound site and you do have to join but it is free. Make sure the checked boxed are unchecked if you dont want a bunch of email from them. Once you are registered.. you can print out the 30 day menu, the snack list and the shopping list.

My only concern about this diet * and I am waiting to see how others do on it* is it is almost 3 times what I eat per day. I am generally under 1200 calories a day/low carb because I am diabetic. And this has 4 meals and 2 snacks and I have a feeling I would GAIN weight.

I am frustrated right now because I seem to keep 12 - 20 lbs of water weight. If I take a water pill, I can lose 12 - 15 pounds in 6 hours flat, but the very next day it starts climbing again by 2 - 4 lbs a day. So I am never really sure where my actual weight really is.. but I do know I have lost about 30 lbs in 3 months and 4 inches off my waist and 5 off my hips so I guess the effort is not totally lost.

It's good to know that most all of us have a hard time every now and then, just like me. I think thats why these forums are so very helpful to each other.
Keep up the good work everyone! And remember, when you are at your weakest, just picture a large group of women ( numbers of ladies, not large ladies lol) behind your back cheering you on to the right choices!
Old 07-01-2010, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

Morning all! Still crazy busy but just popping in to say hello! My Thursday weigh-in was not good - I am the same as last week. But I consider that at least a small victory because I didn't gain, and I know I didn't do as well. I also have now been on here for 2 months and lost 17.2 pounds - I'm totally happy with that! I haven't tracked my foods here since last Thursday because I've been away from a computer and then just nutty at work with no time to put everything in there. I've been sticking to meals that I know the calorie counts for - like frozen diet meals and some old stand-bys. I know it's not the greatest thing, but at least I'm not gaining. I've just got to keep it together over this long weekend and another insane week at work next week and hopefully I'll see a loss next Thursday!
Old 07-01-2010, 03:59 AM
FitDay Member

Morning ladies....I started a new thread for us for the month of July!!
To the new ladies..after the pages get so many you will notice the site starts to slow down and it gets harder to post on the thread so every month we start a new thread for us...this month is called * No more jiggling in July ...* come join us there!
Old 07-05-2010, 12:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I hate to say this, but I'm probably doing exactly what your SIL is suggesting. I'm not a big protein eater by nature either, but I've found lots of sources of protein that I like, chicken, tuna, cottage cheese, lean cold cuts, reduced fat cheese, eggs, bacon, nuts, Greek yogurt, lean beef, lean pork etc etc. I try to stay away from most processed foods, just because they tend to have a lot more calories then the same things do if I make them myself. Have you considered making your own pizza? I make it with turkey pepperoni, pizza sauce, part skim mozzarella cheese on top of a whole grain pita - it's pretty darn yummy. BTW a thin crust frozen pizza has about 310 calories per slice, so it's good you don't eat the whole thing, but chances are you are ruining part of your week by eating more than a slice or two.

Basically what I do is keep my calories to 1,350-1,650/day (even on weekends), my burn about 2,500-3,000 calories/day, keep my pie chart at 40% carbs (mostly complex), 40% proteins and 20% good fats, like the kind in avocados, nuts and olive oil. I also try to get in 6 hours/week of hard cardio and 2 hours of weight lifting and calisthenics. Good luck honey. Change is really hard, but if you're 100 pounds heavier than you want to be, I'm afraid it's probably the only way down. Just take it one step at a time.
Thank I know you are probably right. I am so afraid to that I am showing my 2 children the wrong way to eat as well so I really want to learn this fast in order to prevent showing them the wrong things as well. They are not over weight but I would prefer to show them the right way right off the bat.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by changeisgood29
Hello lovely ladies, I hope all is off to a good start for everyone.

Almeeker - sorry to hear about your fall; glad to hear you're ok - that did indeed sound painful.

Christine - Our stats and goals are pretty similar (though you probably have an inch or 2 on me... that's pretty common ), so I wanted to respond. Sounds to me like you're feeling overwhelmed by all this fitness stuff - and yes, it can be overwhelming (especially in the beginning) when you're trying to figure out what works and what doesn't, and meanwhile you want the weight off, like, yesterday. It also sounds like you're in it for the long haul, which is great, and that will be a huge part of your success. Almeeker mentioned some great ideas, and I'm also a big supporter of her advice to make 'one change at a time.'

I know it's easy to loosen up a bit on weekends, but it does sound like that may be part of the issue. I love beer, and am a total beer snob, but unfortunately, beer loves my belly back in a big way. I had to cut my alcohol intake considerably - I'm not going to lie, I miss my microbrews, but I can tell you I thoroughly enjoy my 1 beer a week, haha. Point being that losing weight is going to take some sacrifice - maybe consider your alcohol intake as a starting point... I'm not saying to completely 86 alcohol from your diet, but if you have 10 drinks a week (just an arbitrary number), that's quite a few empty calories.

I think it's really tough to get enough protein, too, but it's super important to losing weight and maintaining a healthy diet. Take a look at what you eat... maybe replace something you consistently eat that's low-protein and replace it with something that has some... i.e., replacing Lucky Charms with cottage cheese and fruit. Every time you find something that works, you're that much closer to your goal, and that much closer to not feeling lost in fitness, as it were. There are also some great websites out there that can help you feel more informed - FitDay is great; I also checked out the Mayo Clinic's website on exercise tips and other articles.

You can do this! Don't give up, just keep tweaking and playing around until you find something that does work. You've lost 9 pounds, so you're not doing it all wrong - I wish you all the luck and encouragement in the world.

Sorry for the wordiness... Tends to happen when I write.

That's all on my end, good luck to you all... Husband and I started doing some weightlifting this week, and my arms are sore! I'm telling myself that it's one day closer to being "uber."
thanks a bunch for all your words lol
Old 07-07-2010, 12:18 AM
FitDay Member

Default sabotaging

Hey

Does anyone else have this problem....

I feel I have to be honest or else I will never get better. I feel like I am out of control when I senselessly eat sometimes. It seems as soon as I am alone I head for the cupboard to eat anything! Or when I go to the grocery store I get a chocolate bar and eat it on my way home.

It is like I feel that if people dont see the bad stuff I am eatting then maybe I will lose lol. I keep trying to tell myself that it is only me I am cheating not anyone else when I hide to eat.

So my question is how do I stop this. I am not even hungry most times and when I am I still do it or eat more

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.