Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Jump in and join us June 100 plus ladies >

Jump in and join us June 100 plus ladies

Community
Notices

Jump in and join us June 100 plus ladies

Old 06-26-2010, 10:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Man, you gotta love the diet honeymoon stage. I wouldn't worry about the weight dropping off too quickly, unless you feel sick, weak, grouchy or have vicious PMS. In the first month I dieted I lost like 22 pounds, now it's coming off a whole lot slower. I think this is pretty normal for someone making both drastic diet and exercise changes in their life. Believe me in 2-3 months you'll be like "what happened, it was coming off so easily and now NOTHING".
Thanks for the response. I figured that is likely what is happening. I'm going to try to be postive when I hit a plateau and just try to think of the weight I've already lost & to keep at it.

I splurged a bit yesterday calorie-wise. I usually make Fridays a day where I can indulge in a few cravings and eat out, while still being mindful of carbohydrates & sugar. I stayed the night with a friend, who treated me to Chipotle. I cut out the rice and the wrap, and I only ate 1/2 of the bowl before I was full. I also got some ice cream, but only ate a little of the cone. We also went bowling, so I at least did some activity that night other than vegging on the couch.

While I did well watching my carbs, I still felt a little crummy this morning on the way home (probably because of the ice cream so late at night). I pushed myself to go to the pool, and ended up doing laps at a moderate to light effort for about 2 hours. I left feeling so much better. My muscles are pretty tired now, but I'm in a much better mood.

That just reinforced to me that I need to be careful with processed foods/sugars & definitely don't chow down on them late at night, because they'll just make me feel worse the next day.

I plan to make the 2 hour laps in the pool a weekly thing on Saturday to mix things up & work some other muscles that aren't getting worked by walking.

We're going into week 3 of the diet changes, week 4 of exercising. This is usually where things fall apart (and this will also be the week PMS may strike), so I've got to keep at it and see it through.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:51 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by speedyfair
thanks for all the encouragement and the advice, so i have been chatting to a new guy online this week- and we met for drinks last night. can't tell you the last time i had fun on a friday nite lol and guess what - he invited me out again tonight - what a boost to my self -esteem. he is really sweet so hope we can have some fun in my life for a change. your support gave me the will to stop being a doormat and opening the door to a new life.

here's to feeling sexy yoo hoo
Now THAT is exactly what I was talking 'bout. I am sooo proud of you right now. You still got it girlfriend, all you got to do is shake it.... Whooo hooo hooooo!!! No more Mrs. Nicedoormat for you. If old news wants to come around again an be a pain in the behind, he got to take a number - that's right, oh yeah.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:59 PM
FitDay Member

I had a couple of funny "skinny" things happen to me today, and thought I would share. The first funny thing happened out at the farm when I was gardening. I used dad's tractor to haul fertilizer over the edge of the garden, and it has one of those safety devices in the seat where you can't start it if there is no one sitting on it. Anyway I sat down put the thing in neutral, turned the key and nothing happened. Tried it again, nothing. So I bounce around a little on the seat and realize that I'm no longer fat enough to squish the seat all the way down to the "start" position. So there I am, with my knee wedged up under the steering wheel so I can squish the seat down all the way, and finally it started. Tooo funny. It's a good thing I didn't have to drive it down a bumpy road.

The other sort of funny thing happened at dinner, we all went out to Applebee's. My DD likes to get the 2 for $20 with me. She gets the chicken tenders and I get the 7 oz steak, but I have them change the mashed potatoes out for the seasoned redskin potatoes. Anyway when I ordered, the waitress mutters something under her breath about why is it that skinny girls always ask for the 550 calorie peppercorn asiago steak dinner minus the cheese? Skinny girl? Me? Uh, no actually I'm 35-40 pounds overweight. But then I got to looking around in that place and seriously the only people smaller than me were a couple of the waitresses, everyone else was bigger, some of them by quite a lot. I can remember a time when I was so large that I was almost always the biggest woman in the room, and I would just sit and pray someone fatter than me would walk through the door, which of course almost never happened. Well I'm not the fattest girl anymore! How awesome is that!
Old 06-26-2010, 06:54 PM
FitDay Member

ALMEEKER! WAY TO GO GIRLFRIEND! That is sooooo amazing, so proud of you! Gosh, seriously I can not gush over your amazing progress enough! So jealous and proud at the same time. I had a couple of NSV this week too - shopping for a "little black dress" I will need next month... and I AM OUT OF ALMOST ALL MY FAT GIRL STORES!
I walked into Catherine's ... nope, I'm too small.
Lane Bryant? Got ONE more size left for me, but the dress I wanted was WAY too big.
Torrid - I am almost to their last size.
Avenue - I'm TOO small!

Oh, and I got in the ole-mini van and needed to pull the seat WAYY up. It was really nice, since I used to have the seat all the way back. You all are my ROCKS, I love it.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

One thing that I try to remember when I hit those icky plateaus is that eventually they are usually followed by a larger loss - so I use that thought to push myself harder in the gym and drink more water (I don't make changes to my eating plan typically) so that when I DO finally lose again, it's a whomper.
Unfortunately, I set all of my weight loss goals during my honeymoon phase. I figured I would continue to lose 5 pounds a week until the end of time, therefore I would be about 40 pounds lighter than I am right now... yea right. If you make the same mistake I did, just go back and readjust your goals so they are more realistic and you don't get disheartened.

Did 8AM Bootcamp this morning, it was already 99 degrees... good LAWD, I am so gritty and sweaty... and I love it. Never thought I would be one of THOSE girls. My friends are all so amazed by my progress that several of them are coming over tomorrow evening to do my workout with me!!! I think it's going to be really fun.

How many of you are on FB? I would love to add you guys over there. Have a FANTASTIC Sunday... eat, drink, be sweaty!
Old 06-27-2010, 02:07 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies! I thought I would check in and give you a little update. On the exercise forum I found a thread called "Couch to 5K". It is a running plan to get people off the coach and running 5K. I questioned whether someone 100 lbs overweight could realisitically do something like this but then I thought... I should try. So, I'm doing a modified version and started tonight with 4 laps at the local 1/4 mile track. I power walked the first lap, then ran a partial lap and switched to power walking again and repeated. It felt great! I can start out at this level and gradually increase and see how far I get with it. I find that exercise is key to me keeping a good attitude in general and dealing with stress. Also, I tend to watch my calories better because I'm in better spirits. Anyway, hope you are all doing well. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:45 PM
FitDay Member

Susan, you are soooo right. I'm doing a modified version of Cto5K as well. Yesterday I went to the park, which has a 5K training course, 9 laps = 5K. I usually go 10 laps just for good measure. Yesterday the weather was really hot and humid so I couldn't run the whole of it, but I ran better than 1/2 of them and felt really good afterward.

A funny thing happened while I was running, the park has a river that runs through it, and the path runs right next to it for about 1/3 of the distance. Well yesterday there was a party of beer drinking duckies that pulled up on the launch to rest and to pull out more beer for everyone. They had maybe 15 duckie boats tied together and they were having a lot of fun laughing and splashing. Anyway I had to run past them a couple of times before they got back in the water and floated away, and I got whistled at. Me? Whistled at? Geez, how desperate is that guy? Then I could hear his buddies making fun of him because he whistled and I ran away. It was too too funny.

Skinny, that is sooo awesome that you can't shop at all your old haunts anymore.!! Do you have a Fashion Bug? I've been finding some really cute stuff at the one near my house. They have a full range of sizes from junior size 2 through queen size 5X. And they mix them all up on the same racks, which most stores don't do. It's been a big help in finding the right size as I've transitioned from plus to regular. I've been trying to find a new bathing suit, ugh. I need to get my hands on one soon because I wear something like 8/10 or maybe a 12 (depending on the style) and the smallest suit I own is an 18, so darn near illegal to wear in public !

Last edited by almeeker; 06-27-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:17 AM
FitDay Member

I had a couple of funny "skinny" things happen to me today, and thought I would share. The first funny thing happened out at the farm when I was gardening. I used dad's tractor to haul fertilizer over the edge of the garden, and it has one of those safety devices in the seat where you can't start it if there is no one sitting on it. Anyway I sat down put the thing in neutral, turned the key and nothing happened. Tried it again, nothing. So I bounce around a little on the seat and realize that I'm no longer fat enough to squish the seat all the way down to the "start" position. So there I am, with my knee wedged up under the steering wheel so I can squish the seat down all the way, and finally it started. Tooo funny. It's a good thing I didn't have to drive it down a bumpy road.

The other sort of funny thing happened at dinner, we all went out to Applebee's. My DD likes to get the 2 for $20 with me. She gets the chicken tenders and I get the 7 oz steak, but I have them change the mashed potatoes out for the seasoned redskin potatoes. Anyway when I ordered, the waitress mutters something under her breath about why is it that skinny girls always ask for the 550 calorie peppercorn asiago steak dinner minus the cheese? Skinny girl? Me? Uh, no actually I'm 35-40 pounds overweight. But then I got to looking around in that place and seriously the only people smaller than me were a couple of the waitresses, everyone else was bigger, some of them by quite a lot. I can remember a time when I was so large that I was almost always the biggest woman in the room, and I would just sit and pray someone fatter than me would walk through the door, which of course almost never happened. Well I'm not the fattest girl anymore! How awesome is that!
WOW I am sooo jelous of you right now lol. I am 242 and want to get down to at least 150 (140 would be better). I get butterflies in my stomach when I even think about myslef down that low. Congrats again!
Old 06-28-2010, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default staying positive

had a really wonderful weekend- thanks for all the support
almeeker- too funny about the tractor - was cracking up at work
skinny- thanks for sharing, your goals make me want to keep up on the exercise.
welcome all the new friends - really looking forward to being on this journey with everyone

so- can't seem to get my weight and my emotions on the same track lol, gained two pounds over the weekend, but this morning was ready to get back on track and stay on plan this week. have some healthy food in the house and going to make myself eat on a regular basis, last week was kind of hit & miss. i think between the heat and my life, just didn't eat right and probably didn't drink enough water. going walking with the girls at work today, and WILL do something active tonight.

here's to the start of a healthy week
Old 06-28-2010, 06:16 AM
FitDay Member

I used dad's tractor to haul fertilizer over the edge of the garden, and it has one of those safety devices in the seat where you can't start it if there is no one sitting on it. Anyway I sat down put the thing in neutral, turned the key and nothing happened. Tried it again, nothing. So I bounce around a little on the seat and realize that I'm no longer fat enough to squish the seat all the way down to the "start" position.

Anyway when I ordered, the waitress mutters something under her breath about why is it that skinny girls always ask for the 550 calorie peppercorn asiago steak dinner minus the cheese? Skinny girl? Me? Uh, no actually I'm 35-40 pounds overweight. But then I got to looking around in that place and seriously the only people smaller than me were a couple of the waitresses, everyone else was bigger, some of them by quite a lot.
Anyway I had to run past them a couple of times before they got back in the water and floated away, and I got whistled at. Me? Whistled at? Geez, how desperate is that guy? Then I could hear his buddies making fun of him because he whistled and I ran away. It was too too funny.
What great stories! I know first and foremost we should lose weight for ourselves, but it's got to feel so good when others notice your hard work too! YAY!

Skinny, that is sooo awesome that you can't shop at all your old haunts anymore.!! Do you have a Fashion Bug?
I like Fashion Bug. I also love Cato's, which has a similar size selection to Fashion Bug. When I have a gift card to burn, I usually wind up at Cato's and find some good sales. Their clothes are awesome quality too. I've had some of their tops for years and they still look great!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.