Community
Notices

Duchenne muscular dystrophy

Old 07-05-2020, 12:28 AM
FitDay Member

Default Duchenne muscular dystrophy

my son suffers from Duchenne muscular dystrophy and it is awful, my wife and I don’t know what to do. Where should we turn to?

Last edited by Paul_k0; 07-08-2020 at 05:53 AM.
Old 07-07-2020, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator

How do you know that there are signs and they mean this condition/disease? Have you taken him to a doctor? If you are concerned about cost, talk to the doctor, who very likely can have someone in the office help discuss options. But in the meantime, your son would be clearly diagnosed - is it possible it could be something else? You may like to get a second opinion!

I am so sorry your son is having any signs at all. My husband and I went through a situation in which our son was scheduled for surgery, which we had not realized could be so dangerous. At the last minute, another doctor noticed a lab test was missing and they canceled the surgery and changed the diagnosis completely. To this day, I remember that period in our lives as being very cloudy and chaotic, and I still don't know how our son emerged from it without a clear understanding of his condition. Please realize you are not alone in the uncharted waters of medical care and you can ask for help! Ask your doctor, ask any therapist (they have a good grasp, usually, of the social services available to deal with stresses of illness, and sometimes those stresses are financial!)
Old 11-25-2020, 12:24 AM
FitDay Member

Fortunately I didn't have to get muscular dystrophy