Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > MEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just men
Challenge: Lose 10% body weight by New Years. >

Challenge: Lose 10% body weight by New Years.

Community
Notices

Challenge: Lose 10% body weight by New Years.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default week 8 check in

i was travelling all week and makes it difficult to exercise/eat well. Airlines dont have any heathy food on the long flights so I packed a dozen hard boil eggs and unsalted almonds to snack on during trip.it raised a few eyebrows when i went through security. avg 1650 cals a day this week. dropped 2 lbs, down to 221, down 18 total. six more lbs to meet 10% challenge.

i hope every has a good week.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:09 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by jptfenwick
i was travelling all week and makes it difficult to exercise/eat well. Airlines dont have any heathy food on the long flights so I packed a dozen hard boil eggs and unsalted almonds to snack on during trip.it raised a few eyebrows when i went through security. avg 1650 cals a day this week. dropped 2 lbs, down to 221, down 18 total. six more lbs to meet 10% challenge.

i hope every has a good week.
Great job! I know you'll make the challenge goal.

I stayed the same this week--not unexpected as I dropped 14.5 lbs in the last two weeks--I was pretty sure a week of "adjustment" was coming, and that's fine.

Going to camp this weekend but will try to keep the cals to at least a semi-reasonable level, beer included.

Still 15 lbs. to go to reach the challenge--it will be close.

Stay healthy everyone, and have a nice Thanksgiving.

Michael
Old 11-23-2010, 12:00 PM
FitDay Member

Default Coming off slowly now.

Well, I'm getting closer to a healthy weight range and the weight is coming off much slower than it was just a month ago. I really don't mind it though. I'm NOT on a diet and I have no deadlines to meet. I will become fit when it happens. I'm going to keep living this way from here on out. I like the way I feel when I exercise hard and eat clean. This morning I weighed in at 196.4 but it's the first time under 197.2 so I expect to fluctuate from 196 to 198 for a week or so. I have two big feasts to attend within the next few days so if I can stay under 198 I'll be happy. That'll give me a month left to lose 9 lbs. with the Christmas holidays to contend with. If I make it to 189 by 1/1/11 it will be hard earned.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:24 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Decided to weigh in today as I'll be away from home for the rest of the week.

The scale says 311 exactly this morning, so down 3.5 lbs, leaving only 11.5 lbs to go for this challenge. With dinner today, a trip to camp this weekend and next month Christmas dinner, it will be close. But, I am determined to start 2011 out at under 300 lbs. (and be under 200 by this time next year).

Anyway, stay safe and healthy my friends!

Michael
Old 11-28-2010, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

Default week 9

I was pretty good all week, even on Thanksgiving, but didn't see any movement on the scale. still 221, I did have a couple glasses of red wine and a small slice of pumpkin pie. Actually my calories were really low the day before and the day after. 220 is always seems to be my plateau/sticking point. Joe

Michael , you're doing really well. keep it up.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Default Attained 10 % Goal almost a month early

I am surprised myself. When I weighed in last Saturday, I was flat for the week. kinda disapoointing. The next day I dropped 2 lbs, followed by 2lbs 2 days later, and 2 more lbs today. 6 lbs in 6 days?!?. Now to be completely honest I have had a very stressful work week, and have not been eating much. And I drank a little (too much) wine at a couple holiday parties this week. Obviously, high stress and wine is not the combo for ongoing success, but it delivered short term results. at least something good came out of this week.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:49 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I am surprised myself. When I weighed in last Saturday, I was flat for the week. kinda disapoointing. The next day I dropped 2 lbs, followed by 2lbs 2 days later, and 2 more lbs today. 6 lbs in 6 days?!?. Now to be completely honest I have had a very stressful work week, and have not been eating much. And I drank a little (too much) wine at a couple holiday parties this week. Obviously, high stress and wine is not the combo for ongoing success, but it delivered short term results. at least something good came out of this week.
Stress is bad, but weight loss is good! Isn't it weird how pounds come off sometimes in seemingly random amounts? I average 3lbs a week, but I've had times where it was 1 lb, then a few weeks ago I had a 7lbs loss, followed by 7.5 lbs the next week. There's no rhyme or reason to it, sometimes.

Anyway, keep up the good work--01/01/11 is coming F.A.S.T.!

Michael
Old 12-04-2010, 11:37 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Well, only a pound down this week, though given Thanksgiving and three days at camp, I'm not that surprised.

So, at 310 today that means I've still 11 lbs. to lose in 26 days to reach my New Years 299 goal.

Have a great week, everyone!

Michael
Old 12-05-2010, 12:49 AM
FitDay Member

Default week 10

i checked in earlier this week, today is the normally the check in date. i weigh in every day, and was shocked how quickly my weigh came off this week. i am still at 215, so it's an incredible 6 lb drop this week. I made my 10% goal by 1/1/10 . i dont expect much of a drop for this week, but i 'll keep plugging away.

Keep up the good work Michael. i hope eveyone has a good week.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:38 AM
FitDay Premium Member

i checked in earlier this week, today is the normally the check in date. i weigh in every day, and was shocked how quickly my weigh came off this week. i am still at 215, so it's an incredible 6 lb drop this week. I made my 10% goal by 1/1/10 . i dont expect much of a drop for this week, but i 'll keep plugging away.

Keep up the good work Michael. i hope eveyone has a good week.
That is so great! Major props to you! What the next goal, under 200? That will be a major milestone.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.