Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > MEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just men
Looking for a weight loss fitness Buddy 32% body weight to lose who is up for >

Looking for a weight loss fitness Buddy 32% body weight to lose who is up for

Notices

Looking for a weight loss fitness Buddy 32% body weight to lose who is up for

Old 08-22-2010, 02:24 PM
FitDay Member

Default Looking for a weight loss fitness Buddy 32% body weight to lose who is up for

Hi looking for a weight loss buddy or buddy’s male female any age, looking to work towards similar goals. I need a little motivation and competition. Looking to lose 32% of my body weight by mid April 2011, as I am returning to the UK to visit Friends and family for first time in five years.
Will be starting my diet on Monday 30 August as I am taking my youngest son to Orlando for a few days first.
Ideally I would like to get my body fat down below 12% about 32% at the moment.
I started working out about 10 months ago and have stuck to it pretty well and have lost approximately 25lbs just with exercise up to 1 hour on my elliptical at about 50% resistance six times a week and an hour on resistance work 3 times a week. Which I am pleased with especially as I fault I would never be able to do this after two major back operations and also a serious leg operation plates wire and screws.
But fill I need to diet now have a tendency to binge and the give up so need some help on this, so initially I am recording my diet intake on fitaday and trying to keep to below 2,000 calories a day with No bread potatoes and trying to eat less crabs as they definitely tend to turn to fat on me.
Any way feel free to jump aboard I will weigh myself and post my progress every Monday starting on the 30th

Mike
Old 08-30-2010, 08:48 AM
FitDay Member

You and me, brother. I just started myself....currently 198lbs (sorry I don't do kgs haha), goal is 160 by the new year, 1/1/2011.

I'm at work so I have to run but I'll reply with my story again later tonight or tomorrow. I'd like to track with you, sounds like you were describing me in your original post. Name is Andy.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:07 AM
FitDay Member

Mr. Mike - There's a bunch of us doing something similar (not nearly the 20% W.L. Reduction you're looking for, but we're shooting for 10% by Mid November) So another 10 between November and April is more than doable. This way at least we can get you on the right path, and after that - who knows - maybe we'll do another 10% challenge and we can all work on it together.

Looks like you have your goal set. Each of us have different goals - so set yours, and then break it up into mini-challenges. It'll help keep the motivation up.

Why start on the 30th? Start Today! Never been a better time to start than RIGHT NOW.

Lower your carbs, but not so much that you wind up bingeing at the end of the day - have at least the equivalent of one SMALL red potato at each meal - fill up on greens, and have a good source of lean protein (chicken/turkey/fish) between 6-8 oz up to 4 times a day. Fill the in-betweens with fruits or high protein low carb/fat snacks like yogurt or cottage cheese. If you can stomach it, maybe have a meal replacement shake in lieu of a meal or snack.

Good luck to you and us all collectively.