How was your January? >

How was your January?

Community
Notices

How was your January?

Old 02-01-2012, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Default How was your January?

Mine was good. I lost 4 inches and 9 pounds. This is my first time measuring, so I am excited to see where that goes. I didn't get off track too much. Yes, I had one bag of M&M's and 2 Hershey bars for the month, but for a chocolate addict that isn't too bad. No pop, not even diet. I think that is gone for good. I only get a craving for a Diet Coke once in awhile now.

I averaged 5 days a week at the gym. For February I want to add some new things to do at the gym, just not sure what yet. I am thinking lunges, squats and planks.

February will be a challange. Going to Districts and State for high school wrestling with my son and that will be exciting! In the past, I had big bags of chocolate to get me through those events. This year, I will bring protein bars and veggies!
Old 02-01-2012, 03:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Great job! Nothing wrong with a treat once in a while (just not TOO often). Keep up the good work. My January was nothing to write home about--pretty much staying "even". Really looking forward to warmer weather.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-01-2012, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats on your accomplishments, zahut!

My January was successful. I continue to drop weight even though I'm trying to maintain at this point. My body has turned into a fat burning machine because I continue to eat clean.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

Yay! :-) My January was a huge success! I started on fitday and have lost somewhere between 6 and 8 pounds just by cleaning up my eating. I'm definitely feeling better and looking better already. This month my goal is to start incorporating physical activity, like yoga for fitness, because it's something that I already enjoy so it shouldn't be too hard to make a habit out of. Eventually I'll work my way up to going to the gym, but I think my problem has always been doing too much too soon. I can't turn my bad habits into good habits all at once.
Ok, rant over! Great job everyone! I am very much looking forward to February!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:20 PM
FitDay Member

My January, get ready for a long winded post.

I joined Fitday, while I haven't lost a lot of weight I have lost inches and found out my true body fat percentage which was much lower than I expected and I went from morbidly obese to obese.
I feel much better and that's because this site has taught me the nutritional value of the food I have been putting into my mouth and has made me much more concious of the foods I choose.
My skin is so much better and I attribute that to the reduction in poison (sugar). On a couple of days I have reached a 100% of the required nutritional data just by food alone.
I don't have the wild cravings that I normally do as my blood sugar is much more stable due to the small meals I now do.
And finally, I have learned that if you ask for help or advice from total strangers they respond generously with their time and knowledge. Thank you Fitdayers, you made my January awesome.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by crazigerl
My January, get ready for a long winded post.

I joined Fitday, while I haven't lost a lot of weight I have lost inches and found out my true body fat percentage which was much lower than I expected and I went from morbidly obese to obese.
I feel much better and that's because this site has taught me the nutritional value of the food I have been putting into my mouth and has made me much more concious of the foods I choose.
My skin is so much better and I attribute that to the reduction in poison (sugar). On a couple of days I have reached a 100% of the required nutritional data just by food alone.
I don't have the wild cravings that I normally do as my blood sugar is much more stable due to the small meals I now do.
And finally, I have learned that if you ask for help or advice from total strangers they respond generously with their time and knowledge. Thank you Fitdayers, you made my January awesome.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:49 AM
FitDay Member

That's cool, John, Stick around then!
Old 12-19-2023, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

It was long time ago. Soon new january
Old 01-04-2024, 04:03 PM
FitDay Member

good