Notices

I will wear a bikini!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-17-2011, 02:25 AM
Super Moderator

If you have the Jenny Craig ad on here like I do, it shows Sarah Rue in one. Those were all over the beach this summer when I went. It's good to have an alternative to those tiny string things!
Old 08-17-2011, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Cassie, I just googled Sarah Rue, that suit definitely has potential! The bottoms have a good bit of fabric, and so does the top, which is usually the biggest problem for me.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:57 AM
FitDay Member

I just googled her too and that bikini looks fab!

On a slightly different note (I've never heard of her) was Sarah Rue a 'plus size model'??? I hate that term - because when I see those Plus Size Models they still look nothing like me. They might be a tad wide around the hips but they seldom have any 'loose' wobbly bits!
Old 08-17-2011, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by marypg40
I just googled her too and that bikini looks fab!

On a slightly different note (I've never heard of her) was Sarah Rue a 'plus size model'??? I hate that term - because when I see those Plus Size Models they still look nothing like me. They might be a tad wide around the hips but they seldom have any 'loose' wobbly bits!
I used to think that too, but I saw a show one time where the skinny models and the Plus Size Models were standing side by side wearing the same outfits and believe me, the Plus Size girls were much much bigger. Truthfully many of them were actually prettier, because they had a nice soft look to them where the size 2 models were bony looking. BTW I never heard of her either, but there are a ton of pics of her on the internet. Actually I just went back to check, nothing about being a Plus Size Model, she's an actress.

Last edited by almeeker; 08-17-2011 at 03:13 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:38 PM
FitDay Member

Oh right - I just thought when I read she'd lost 55lbs and wore her first bikini that she might have been plus size...I'm sure she's big in the states although can't say I've ever heard of her.
Miserable day in Dublin again - am a bit hormonal today and am craving chocolate!! Might buy myself a bar of Cadburys Flake mmmmmmmm! Haven't a clue how many calories but it is so delicious and I have been doing so well lately, that I most definitely deserve it
Old 08-18-2011, 05:31 AM
FitDay Member

I just wanted to jump in here... I was lurking... and googled Sara Rue... and looked at her bikini. Let me say, she looks FAB.U.LOUS!!!
That bikini is totally awesome. I have tons of stretch marks from my twin pregnancy but I'm pretty sure that would cover them all! Just think... me in a bikini... never woulda thought it possible. A good thing to think about. Thanks guys.

YOU GO MARY!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 06:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I think a Tankini would also count. Some of them are pretty form fitting, but the tummy stays covered!
Old 09-16-2011, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Mary, I would love to join you in "I will wear a bikini "!! I am 18, and have never worn a bikini either, I have 51 1b to go to reach my goal! I am tipping the scales at 161 1b, and my goal is 110, I am only 5 2 What are somethigns you like to do to bur calories? favourite foods?! This is my first day, and I NEVER want to feel uncomfortable in my skin again!
Old 09-16-2011, 01:37 PM
FitDay Member

this part of the thread deserves its own song. Que up Proud Mary!
Old 09-27-2011, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'm in!

That is my goal too!
I have a drawer full, that I couldn't bear to part with. I even have a tankini, that I bought 3 years ago, that has never been worn...still has the tags on it. It was always "someday I will be able to wear those". Well, weeks, months & years later...they still sit in my drawer. But the summer of 2012 ~ I will be wearing bikinis.