Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Success Stories
So people keep telling me not to lose anymore weight... >

So people keep telling me not to lose anymore weight...

Notices

So people keep telling me not to lose anymore weight...

Old 06-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ZoeDuc
No problem!
I also know a couple guys named Kim but they are Asian, I didn't want to assume that at 5'10" you weren't Asian.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:10 PM
FitDay Member

Yes they have. At times I puff my cheeks up & ask them you'd much rather have me this fat?

Then I tell them I reached my target weight & am working on getting 10% BMI
Old 07-10-2011, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator

10% BMI ???
Old 07-10-2011, 01:48 AM
FitDay Member

I got that I didn't need to lose any weight by my future mother-in-law at the very begin of my diet, she was trying to be nice, but I reminded her how much I weighed and my height. I think she was more concern that I would go crazy with the weight loss. Now she asks me if the boyfriend and I can have the meal she's making for dinner and if there's anything she can make us. She's become supportive now and doesn't not say stuff like that to us anymore about the losing too much weight or anything.

My mom knows I need to lose the weight, so she never did that. Everyone else seems supportive from the beginning, but I guess, that's because I got to my goal weight before and people can tell I looked better then, lol.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by k00lBr33ze
Yes they have. At times I puff my cheeks up & ask them you'd much rather have me this fat?

Then I tell them I reached my target weight & am working on getting 10% BMI
Originally Posted by cjohnson728
10% BMI ???
Probably means 10% body fat.

If you're being told you're too thin, get your body fat tested,. Then you'll know how much you can/should lose.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

Sometimes the change is kind of a shock to people, and their perception of you isn't the same as the your self-perception. you know better than anyone else what will make you happy and when u will feel "comfortable" with your body. that should always come first. but be wary, sometimes we have a distorted self-perception and see ourselves as fatter than we actually are. so long as you are wary of that too, you should be fine.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by handcycle2005
Probably means 10% body fat.

If you're being told you're too thin, get your body fat tested,. Then you'll know how much you can/should lose.
Yes, I mean body fat. I was able to loose significant weight since last Thanksgiving/December (lost 58 lbs, I weighed in @ 198 & am only 5'3" 36 y/o male).

Working on losing this fat around my lower abdomen cuz it annoys the bejeezis out of me.

Keeping a food log really does help A LOT when trying to loose weight. This site has been very helpful!
Old 08-10-2011, 04:43 PM
FitDay Member

Default the perfect reply

would be to laugh a little and say thank you, you are soo sweet, but I have a goal in mind, and I am not far from it.