Notices

Using FITDAY for maintenance

Old 08-19-2011, 07:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Like Cassie I have maintained the loss for over a year. Unlike her I don't feel quite as compelled to keep a detailed log... BUT I do check in a couple of times a week or maybe for a month now and again to make sure that my brain and tastebuds stay calibrated. More often than not I find that I am drifted back into old habits and FitDay is just the tool to get me back on track.

I also love the calories in/calories burned feature. I am well aware of the difficulty in using the activities section, but after a year and a half, I have it pretty well calibrated for me. This feature has been really helpful when I am trying to reach a specific fitness goal.

Plus, as Albie mentioned, all the great people I have met and gotten to know on the forums keeps me entertained, inspired, and in touch.
Same here- I like the "staying calibrated" remark, so true.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:08 PM
FitDay Member

Default It helps me stay accountable

I have been using Fitday for years (on and off, and that is what happens to the extra pounds). I have been as high as 220s, then got down to 195 range. That was where I was staying close to until last February when I slid up to 210ish. My wife and I went on the 17 Day Diet and now I am 180, the lowest I have been in 40 years, since I was 15. My goal now is to maintain this weight for a full calendar year. I'm a few weeks away from staying on goal for 6 months. Too often in the past I lost the weight, stayed off for a while, then slipped into old behaviors. Now I am weighing myself daily and logging what I eat and my activity level. Fitday has been a key tool for me so far. I think if I can stay on weight for a full year, I have a better chance of keeping it off for my lifetime.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:55 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by askoolteacher
I have been using Fitday for years (on and off, and that is what happens to the extra pounds). I have been as high as 220s, then got down to 195 range. That was where I was staying close to until last February when I slid up to 210ish. My wife and I went on the 17 Day Diet and now I am 180, the lowest I have been in 40 years, since I was 15. My goal now is to maintain this weight for a full calendar year. I'm a few weeks away from staying on goal for 6 months. Too often in the past I lost the weight, stayed off for a while, then slipped into old behaviors. Now I am weighing myself daily and logging what I eat and my activity level. Fitday has been a key tool for me so far. I think if I can stay on weight for a full year, I have a better chance of keeping it off for my lifetime.
I'm so glad to hear this is working for you. Now, heading into month 16 of my weight loss journey I'm withing sight (if I squint a bit) of my goal and think more and more about the eventual need to maintain. I think the daily weigh-in and continual logging of everything into FitDay will be a key. As someone here said, if you're losing weight, you are already maintaining what you've lost, which is a good way to think about it.

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-08-2011, 04:47 AM
FitDay Member

I have used Fitday daily for maintenance for the past two years. It helps me plan my meals and if it worked for the weight loss, why stop when it comes to maintenance. The few time I have strayed fromit, I feel less focused on the portions of food... and it has resulted in an up-tick on the scale.

I lost my weight by finding out how many calories I needed to eat to be 130 lbs. then I started eating it. I lost the weight slowly, but it stayed off. When I got to goal, I plateaud, and that is fine with me.

It takes time to build good habits. When you have the habit keep it.