Community
Notices

Compliments

Old 05-21-2011, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by carlyonawire
I got a compliment today.

So I was getting on the ladder to clean the gutters. To be safe, I asked my 9 year old son to come outside. I said, Michael, can you come out here for a bit? I'm going up on the ladder and I need you here because I'm scared."

So he said to me," It's ok Mommy. You're less fat. You can do it."

To me, this is hilarious. Because he is DEAD SERIOUS.
He's awesome.

Everbest,
Carly
before long he'll say "that's okay Mommy, you're much smaller now, if you fall I'll catch you."
Old 05-21-2011, 12:37 PM
FitDay Member

Today DH called me "one of the hotties at the gym". He's not much for compliments, so it was sort of funny coming from him.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:45 PM
FitDay Member

Today I was wearing a suit I hadn't worn for 2 years, size 12. It was like new as I had gained weight just after buying it. Lots of nice compliments. Then tonight I went out for a walk and one of my summer neighbours commented on my weight loss. I'm looking forward to a meeting tomorrow with a group of people I haven't seen for several months. Have to do more closet shopping to find something skinny to wear. Mary
Old 06-23-2011, 08:58 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Today I was wearing a suit I hadn't worn for 2 years, size 12. It was like new as I had gained weight just after buying it. Lots of nice compliments. Then tonight I went out for a walk and one of my summer neighbours commented on my weight loss. I'm looking forward to a meeting tomorrow with a group of people I haven't seen for several months. Have to do more closet shopping to find something skinny to wear. Mary
It's great, isn't it? I sort of enjoy seeing people who haven't seen me in the last year. Often they don't recognize me at all (in some cases that's not such a bad thing ;-)

I just did some more closet shopping (actually plastic bin shopping) and got out some nice XL shirts. Gotta get some of the 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, ect. clothes onto eBay this summer. I am going to keep my size 60 relaxed Levis and an 8x T-shirt, just as a little reminder, though.

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-26-2011, 04:32 AM
FitDay Member

I had to get some xrays done on Friday and the technician said he had to change the machine a bit because I am so petite. I have NEVER been called petite in my life. And then I took my daughter out to breakfast, where we used to go quite alot, (neighborhood Denny's) and the waitress we have known forever couldn't believe how much weight I've lost and wanted to know how I did it. btw I had the 'Fit Slam'

It really feels good, keeps you motivated!!
Old 06-27-2011, 06:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Today DH called me "one of the hotties at the gym". He's not much for compliments, so it was sort of funny coming from him.
I saw your pictures. You are a hottie! Glad your DH acknowledged it!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 10:14 AM
FitDay Member

I'm taking this as a compliment -- and still laughing. I had to argue with my trainer about how much I weighed He wouldn't believe me, took a longer look at me and said no way! Once I said I knew for sure he made some comment about my being well built. Supports the view that the number on the scales isn't everything! Mary
Old 06-30-2011, 10:28 AM
FitDay Member

I've never really been heavy, but I've been flabby, and I've been 5'9" since like the 6th grade, where it was not appreciated. And life sucked XD there were some comments about me looking like an ostrich...well...either way, enter freshman year of college. I avoided the freshman 15, but I did get the freshie flab. So this summer I started eating better (to purge all the college food outta me), and someone commented on having a flat stomach, which I never thought I did. Then it happened again, and as I started working out, I could finally see it too. I'm wearing crop tops (which I rarely ever did) and generally caring about my appearance more. My bf is all over it too, and he's been staring at my legs (I always wore jeans, now that my inner thighs aren't as flabby I'm wearing shorts) and complimenting everything. <3 It just made me feel great. Another weird thing...I've started getting a TON of compliments on my eyes. They've always been there (or else I've been extremely misled all my life)...but who's complaining!
Old 06-30-2011, 11:35 AM
FitDay Member

That's great. It's funny how the compliments multipy when you start feeling better about your appearance and then you feel even better! Mary
Old 07-16-2011, 01:25 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I was walking out to my car this morning when a couple of bicyclists were riding by. One of them was staring at me so hard he ran off the road into the ditch on the other side .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.