Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Success Stories
Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated) >

Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated)

Community
Notices

Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated)

Old 01-31-2010, 04:04 AM
FitDay Member

gallusgal, that is great!!! Buying smaller clothes is so exciting!!

I looked at some photos taken a week before christmas with my daughter and sister and both commented on how much thinner I look now! My daughter said " And that outfit looked GREAT on you, you should wear it NOW, you'll look fantastic!" That was a lovely pat on the back.

My husband commented on how much smaller by belly is now. So things are happening!!
Old 02-08-2010, 08:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Kathie, and well done! I did buy some new clothes and I have dropped a size, but I didn't buy too much as I intend to be down another before too long!
I was away with my hubby at the weekend (he is superfit!) and it was great to be able to keep up with him when we went for a long hike! I was so happy not to have the back pain I used to get when walking for a while, in fact I feel so much more energetic now and I actually WANT to exercise! Just over a month since I decided to make the change, and I feel ( and look) so much better for it already. It is great to come on here and see how everyone else is doing, keep up the good work Kathie and all of you!
Old 02-09-2010, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

Hey gall, I am fitting into some of my skinny clothes now! Yay! And I have a waistline again. The scale is not reflecting these changes, which is frustrating the heck out of me. How can I be getting noticably smaller, but not losing?? Oh well, I am not going to give up. I am also hoping to see some lower cholesterol numbers and blood sugar numbers the next time I get blood work done...those will be the true measure of my success.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Just wanted to say GREAT job on focusing on the NSV (non-scale victories) we get so caught up in the number on the scale, but the non-scale ones in the end actually feel way better. One I always loved were the measurements seeing how many inches I had come down. That was always an eye opener. If you are not taking you measurements you should today & then two weeks from now & be amazed...lol.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:01 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Kathie, don't worry about the scales too much, your body is changing and the scales don't know that! You are doing great, feeling and looking better and that can only be a good thing.

Hi Stacy I am going to take my measurements tonight, what a great idea! I am already fitting into clothes that I haven't worn in a long time and that is such a great feeling. It will be good to see the inches come off using an actual tape measure
Old 02-10-2010, 08:32 AM
FitDay Member

When doing the measurement, I only do the chest/waist/hips...I skip the neck and thighs, etc. I have lost 2 inches off the chest, 3 off the waist and 1 off the hips (which are not overly big to start with) for a total of 6 inches!! thats seems pretty good to me!
Old 02-10-2010, 08:41 AM
FitDay Member

I am really happy today and just feel like sharing. Started with FITDAY January 25 at 216 lbs....today I hit the 10 lb loss mark ....YIPEEEE.....
I thought I would take measurements every time I lost 10 lbs so today I so far have lost 7.75 inches total !! FITDAY has made such a difference in my life. It`s making me accountable. I now realize that even all those small changes in lifestyle really do make a difference !! I look forward to a new and improved me.
I love reading these forums ...hearing about everyones successes and struggles along their road to healthiness. It is really nice knowing that there are so many people in the same boat as me. WE CAN DO THIS !!!
Old 02-10-2010, 09:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kaskat
I am really happy today and just feel like sharing. Started with FITDAY January 25 at 216 lbs....today I hit the 10 lb loss mark ....YIPEEEE.....
I thought I would take measurements every time I lost 10 lbs so today I so far have lost 7.75 inches total !! FITDAY has made such a difference in my life. It`s making me accountable. I now realize that even all those small changes in lifestyle really do make a difference !! I look forward to a new and improved me.
I love reading these forums ...hearing about everyones successes and struggles along their road to healthiness. It is really nice knowing that there are so many people in the same boat as me. WE CAN DO THIS !!!
Great job!

I just got done with an almost 3 month plateau... I was so frustrated with it until I measured myself. I hadn't done so since the plateau began and was happy to see I lost an inch of flab on my upper arms, 2 inches off my chest, 4 off my waist, 3 off my hips and 1 off my thighs.

The scale definitely isn't the end-all when it comes to how well you're doing with your fat loss!
Old 02-14-2010, 11:10 PM
FitDay Member

I put on a way-too-expensive dress that I bought THREE years ago with the intent of losing another 5 pounds to make it fit "just right" well I gained. now i have lost almost 20 and am 10 under my weight when I bought the dress. Wore it Yesterday, and totally got checked out at the grocery store... by someone I went to H.S with and didn't recognize me, no less!
Old 02-14-2010, 11:35 PM
FitDay Member

Well done everyone! It is such a great feeling to get into clothes that used to be too small! Kaskat, 7.75 inches is awesome! I have just started with the measuring and wish I had done it sooner

Hollyhock I bought a dress before Christmas, I couldn't even zip it up all the way and was so embarrassed by the way I looked in it that I hung it in the closet and tried to forget about it. I wore it for Valentine's day and it looked great! Well done on your dress and on getting checked out in it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.