FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   I lost 160lbs, only 25 more to go! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/156-i-lost-160lbs-only-25-more-go.html)

showmenow 01-14-2010 05:13 PM

I lost 160lbs, only 25 more to go!

My weight was at 345 on January 1, 2009. January 1, 2010 I weighed 185. I found Fitday shortly after starting my diet, knowing that without tracking what I ate, I would not succeed. I would like to get to around 160, so another 25 pounds to go.

I have faithfully used Fitday daily to track my foods, weight and goals. If it's not on my daily log- it doesn't go in my mouth! I sit down every night and decide what I am going to have the next day. That way there are no excuses of " I couldn't find anything to eat" or "Nothing sounds good", scrounging through the fridge etc. I know what I have available the night before and plan my menu for the next day accordingly.

I wish everyone success in this new year and hope you all achieve your goals.

Deanna

misskaly 01-15-2010 07:04 AM

Deanna,

That's such great news for you! I am just getting started, and I have a similar amount to lose as you did when you started. So it's encouraging to see a post like this.

Way to go!

pattyruns 01-15-2010 07:34 AM

WOW, Deanna !
Good for you on your weight loss and good for you for realizing what has to be done and then doing it. I too realized that the only thing that works is accountability. I saw a nutritonist who I continue to see on a regular basis who weighs me every time I go. She also looks at my logs and provides feedback. Both of these things keep me honest and faithfull to fitday and writing it all down.

Misskaly- one day at a time- you'll be here next year !

Good luck to both of you.

Shell250 01-15-2010 08:38 AM

:D Wow, way to go Deanna! That is a major accomplishment, and very inspiring; you must feel GREAT!

I have just realized how important logging my food is. I just posted in another thread about this subject....while I know I over-indulge, if I don't log my food I slip into a sort of 'denial' about how much I have eaten for the day. Seeing the numbers, and nutritional breakdown, is really helpful.

fitday_brent 01-15-2010 11:47 AM

Contrats!!!

Deanna -

That is absolutely fantastic! We at Fitday wish you continued success and great 2010.

srlucchesi 01-16-2010 05:28 AM

Deanna, congratulations on your weight loss :-) You are so inspiring...Keep up the good work, I just started my Fitday account today!
-srlucchesi

showmenow 01-16-2010 07:23 AM

I just know that all of you can do it too! Whether it be 5 or 105 lbs. Set your mind to it, DON'T make any excuses and don't let anything deter you from your goal.

I am a "tough love" kind of a person ;)

Deanna

mfagerstrom 01-16-2010 10:01 AM

Amazing.

People think what I've lost this year has been huge, but 160lbs in a year? Wow.

Keep it up! You're an inspiration.

--Michael

showmenow 01-16-2010 10:55 AM

Michael you have done an awesome job! Since you were brave enough to post pictures of yourself, I will do the same!

This is me in November 2008 after a hard day out hunting!
http://app2.sellersourcebook.com/use...deanna_345.jpg

This is me after losing 150- I have since lost another 10 lbs
http://app2.sellersourcebook.com/use...deanna_150.jpg

mfagerstrom 01-16-2010 10:57 AM

Wow, what a change. You should be proud of yourself!

JessicaSanchez 01-17-2010 06:34 AM

This is so inspirational! Today is my second day of diet modification and exercise... long way to go to change my mind and spirit but your entry is getting me in the right mind set.

nursenicki72 01-18-2010 07:55 AM

Congrats to you on your amazing weight loss. I just started my fitday account today and looking fwd to meeting my weight loss goals too. Good luck to everyone!

doggiesnot 01-19-2010 05:20 AM

Deanna,

Your transformation is remarkable! You have lots to be proud of, most importantly, for taking control of your health. My fiance and I are just starting (12/30/09), and hope to have a similar story to yours!

Keep up the good work!

cccummins 01-26-2010 07:06 AM

What a sucess story!! last summer I thought I would be hitting my goal weight in January2010. Instead I "fell off the wagon" gained back the 50+ lbs I had lost and added a couple more. You are a role model to people like me. I am starting again and this is day 2 on FITDAY . I can't wait to hear when you lose that last 25. next january I want to have a post just liked yours !

showmenow 01-26-2010 03:13 PM

cccumins- Thank you so much for the well wishes and good luck to you also. You sound so motivated I know you will do well!

As of last Friday I have lost another 2- so only 23 more to go!

Deanna

foodfrenzied 02-07-2010 11:40 AM

Deanna,
This is amazing. I cannot believe these great results after only 1 year! I mean, I don't know about you, but it took me at least a good 10 years to become overweight. Not a bad deal if it only takes a year to go back to normal! ha ha ha

Do you find you've changed a lot on the inside as a result of the changes in your appearance? Maybe this is a dumb question or even too personal, but I keep trying to imagine myself skinny - what will I be like? Will I still be the same person if everyone treats me differently? I feel like everyone will probably treat me differently.

01gt4.6 02-08-2010 09:05 AM

Deanna,

that's is truly an amazing job! Congratulations, I'm sure you'll reach your goal before long.

staceyalberta 02-08-2010 02:15 PM

woo hoo way to go for you!!! :D

showmenow 02-12-2010 12:32 AM

I am now down to 177- only 17 more pounds to reach my goal of 160. Only 4 more pounds and I will be half the person I was when I started at 345.

showmenow 02-12-2010 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by foodfrenzied (Post 2838)
Deanna,
This is amazing. I cannot believe these great results after only 1 year! I mean, I don't know about you, but it took me at least a good 10 years to become overweight. Not a bad deal if it only takes a year to go back to normal! ha ha ha

Do you find you've changed a lot on the inside as a result of the changes in your appearance? Maybe this is a dumb question or even too personal, but I keep trying to imagine myself skinny - what will I be like? Will I still be the same person if everyone treats me differently? I feel like everyone will probably treat me differently.

I don't think I have changed much. I don't find that anyone treats me differently so that tells me I am the same old Deanna! I honestly don't even see my body much differently. This may sound weird but my mind cannot wrap itself around the fact that I am much thinnier than I used to be. For instance- I had 2 shirts that my sister had given me that I pulled out of the closet the other day. I asked my daughter which one I should wear. She told me neither- they were both too big. I laughed and told her I doubted if I could even fit into either one as they looked too small. I tried them both on and they were HUGE which was a shock to me. So my mind still does not see my body as it is. I always wondered how people with anorexia couldn't see how skinny they were. Although I am far from being skinny and anorexic- I guess I know now to some extent why they can't see themselves for what they are.

Deanna

staceyalberta 02-12-2010 03:05 AM

Deanna way to go. What a great thing you've done for yourself & your family. You look GREAT!!! I'm sure you feel even better! You are such an inspiration!

donna ostendorf 02-16-2010 11:16 AM

Deanna,

I am happy for you...how did you do it? what plan are you on? etc....

they say that the hardest part is keeping it off....how do you intend to do that?

d

foodfrenzied 02-16-2010 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by showmenow (Post 3243)
I don't think I have changed much. I don't find that anyone treats me differently so that tells me I am the same old Deanna! I honestly don't even see my body much differently. This may sound weird but my mind cannot wrap itself around the fact that I am much thinnier than I used to be.
Deanna

It is funny how difficult it is to perceive oneself accurately. I believe that most of our problems stem from a lack of accurate perception! For example, before I became interested seriously in achieving my weight goals, I would deny my size to the point where I was sincerely SHOCKED everytime I looked in the mirror at how big I had allowed myself to become.

I was constantly unable to perceive the right amount to eat (before Fit Day) and the right amount to exercise - 40 mins. versus 60, 4 or 7 days a week etc. No matter what my intentions in the past, it has always added up to too little exercise and too much food. Until now, thanks to fit day.

I will not be shocked at all if my lack of self-perception leads me to be unable to see my size for what it truly is at the end of the journey. I hope I can feel skinny though, because that would be just wonderful I think (it's been really hard feeling obese for so long!)

By the way, I am also 177 now, and looking to lose about 50 more pounds. The ambitious goal is just because I am curious to see if it is actually humanly possible for me to lose that much weight and remain healthy. It is also because I want to be lighter than my 130 pound mum. :)

showmenow 02-17-2010 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by donna ostendorf (Post 3559)
Deanna,

I am happy for you...how did you do it? what plan are you on? etc....

they say that the hardest part is keeping it off....how do you intend to do that?

d

Hi Donna- I am on the "Deanna Plan". I eat 1000 calories a day and never more than 6 or 8 grams of fat. I don't think it will be hard to keep it off because I have completely changed the way I eat. I have not had fast food of ANY kind in over a year, nothing fried and I eat more vegetables than a rabbit. I FEEL so much healthier now and the thought of fat greasy food really almost turns my stomach. Hopefully after doing this for so long it will "stick" and I will never return to my old habits.

I have not let myself have anything unhealthy because I know that it will only take once or twice doing that and my body will crave those kind of things again. As long as I don't taste it- I don't miss it. Very early on I found substitutes for the things that I love. Instead of a McDonalds Big Mac and fries-I now have a Boca burger with fat free cheese and one potato cut into fries and baked in the oven along with a huge helping of brocolli or zuchini or mushrooms and a salad with fat free dressing ( 1g of fat and 350 calories compared to 58g fat and 1120 calories for a McDonalds Big Mac and large fries). Instead of potato chips- I eat fat free pringles or fat free pretzels (no fat and 70 calories compared to 10g fat and 150 calories for Lays). I also make my own homemade Chex mix that is pretty much fat free. I am not much of a sweets person but when I do get a chocolate craving I will have a fat free jello pudding or a no fat chocolate shake instead of a cupcake (no fat and 70-100 calories compared to 10g fat and 200 calories for a Little Debbie). Instead of a Johnsonville Italian sausage, I will have an Italian turkey sausage (1.5g fat and 140 calories compared to 25g fat and 300 calories).

I could go on and on but you get the idea. There is always a more healthy substitute if you look around. I believe it is ALL in the fat and not so much the calories. I think my theory has proved true (for me anyway) since I have lost so much weight but cutting out the fat.

Deanna

SherryDarling 02-17-2010 01:10 PM

Hi Deanna,

Congratulations on your fantastic success! You are an inspiration to me. :) I have had yo-yo dieting problems for a long time and really would love to know if you ever faced loss of motivation that almost made you quit. And if you did, how did you handle it so that it didn't stop you? Do you have any tips or advice? I have about 70 pounds to lose and always quit even after being somewhat successful. :confused:

Wow, congrats!!!!

showmenow 02-17-2010 11:04 PM

I have honestly not had a day where I wanted to quit. I decided I wanted to do this and have never looked back. The more success I had, the more it made me want to continue.

I set goals in 2 or 3 month increments. When those months were up and I had met my goal- I set another one. There is an app that I have on my homepage that shows my goal and a graph. It reminds me every week to weigh in and shows me how close I am to reaching my goal. It is right there in my face every time I get on the computer. I work from home on the computer all day so I see it all the time! I also set realistic goals. I think if you expect too much and don't reach it- you will get frustrated and fail.

While food tastes good- you do not need to live for it. You need it to live- period. It is not my sense of enjoyment anymore. Food is just food now- I eat it to sustain life. Sure I like something that tastes good just like anyone else but I enjoy other things now like being able to walk into ANY store and find something that fits, being able to go up and down the stairs without my knees hurting, being able to go for long walks with my kids, being able to get on a plane without wondering if the seatbelt is going to fit around me, being able to sit in a chair without wondering if it is going to hold me. The list goes on and on. Food tastes good for a few minutes- thin feels good forever.

Deanna

SherryDarling 02-18-2010 05:07 AM

Thanks Deanna for your honesty reply. I will definitely keep everything you said in mind. I wish I could say that's how it is with me, and that's how it feels when I start out, or even for months. Then it just leaves me, even when I am seeing results and going strong. I will honestly think about my expectations, too. Perhaps they are too much. I lost about 6 pounds a month and expected 8-10...mmmmm. Now I do expect 6, so that it is a better goal. ;)

Also, I discovered a time when I hit fear. Fear of changing too much, I guess. Fear of losing who I was, part of my identity even! I felt more like "me" when I ate junk again....terrible thinking!!! This time, I plan to give myself the time to adjust, embrace the positive changes and not let it deter me. :mad:

Thanks again, I will keep everything you said in mind, including just making up my mind and going forward no matter what! Congrats, again! :D

showmenow 02-19-2010 02:02 AM

Sherry- there is nothing to be afraid of :) except that you will look great and feel even better. You will still be the same person inside- losing weight won't change that. I wish success and know that you can do it!

Deanna

CALICO8 02-19-2010 10:43 AM

Inspirational!

Originally Posted by showmenow (Post 983)
My weight was at 345 on January 1, 2009. January 1, 2010 I weighed 185. I found Fitday shortly after starting my diet, knowing that without tracking what I ate, I would not succeed. I would like to get to around 160, so another 25 pounds to go.

I have faithfully used Fitday daily to track my foods, weight and goals. If it's not on my daily log- it doesn't go in my mouth! I sit down every night and decide what I am going to have the next day. That way there are no excuses of " I couldn't find anything to eat" or "Nothing sounds good", scrounging through the fridge etc. I know what I have available the night before and plan my menu for the next day accordingly.

I wish everyone success in this new year and hope you all achieve your goals.

Deanna

Thank you for sharing your remarkable success! Are you doing a specific kind of diet, or counting calories? Any tips you'd like to share?
Thanks you.
Lydia

showmenow 02-19-2010 12:47 PM

Hi Lydia- Read post #24 above and it kind of outlines what I do. I count calories and fat- nothing else.

Deanna

efduncan 02-20-2010 03:41 AM

Deanna,
You're my hero! Never let the weight come back. I know your proud and nice to see a great story, you're an inspiration to all.
Ed

showmenow 02-20-2010 02:32 PM

Aww thank you Ed! If I can motivate just one person I will put my story out there for anyone to read :).

Deanna

monnikjuh 02-20-2010 09:43 PM

Deanna , well done .

I 'am started like 2009 but i can't find the right dieet . Now in 2010 i 'am started whit Atkins and this fitday log indeed that you have more control about what you are eating and what you are doing so i find out now that i eat someday's to muts and other day's to few . So now , i know that it have to balance and this fitday log works perfect . I only want now is that it come out in the Netherlands because i am living there and i can't buy anything for on my one pc our to get fitday premium but at least i have the free one

showmenow 02-21-2010 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by monnikjuh (Post 4009)
Deanna , well done .

I 'am started like 2009 but i can't find the right dieet . Now in 2010 i 'am started whit Atkins and this fitday log indeed that you have more control about what you are eating and what you are doing so i find out now that i eat someday's to muts and other day's to few . So now , i know that it have to balance and this fitday log works perfect . I only want now is that it come out in the Netherlands because i am living there and i can't buy anything for on my one pc our to get fitday premium but at least i have the free one

Hi- I also use the free Fitday. I have been very happy with it. I just use the custom foods and add my own. I read the labels on the foods that I eat and add them so I know it is exactly accurate.

Good Luck to you in your weight loss!

Deanna

showmenow 02-24-2010 01:15 AM

I measured myself today- something I have not done in quite awhile. I am happy to say that I have lost 80". My biggest loss (which is not surprising) has been in my waist. I have gone from 56" to 37". Now if only I could get that hourglass 36 24 36 figure going on LOL. After 2 kids I think that dream is long gone :)

Deanna

Marxgirl 03-08-2010 05:34 AM

This is amazing! You look like your own daughter in the second photo! So much younger and healthier. Incredible, thank you for posting the photos and the way you did it. I'd love to read more! :)

bigbadwolfe 03-14-2010 06:37 AM

Wow that pic is Amazing!!! GREAT job :)

showmenow 03-16-2010 01:24 AM

I am now half the weight I started out at (345 to 173)! It only took 1yr, 2 mths and 12 days LOL. I only have 13 more pounds to go to reach my goal. Hoping to be there by May 1st.

Deanna

Shell250 03-16-2010 01:48 AM

Deanna, You are my hero too! :) Thanks so so much for sharing, and for posting pics. You look absolutely fabulous! You, and all the other people who have posted their personal success stories, have made me believe that this really is possible for me too. Thanks once again.

Shell250 03-16-2010 02:13 AM

Deanna, Did you find yourself depressed when you decided to embark on your weight loss mission? I think alot of people get stuck in the depression/weight gain/depression cycle. I know I did. I thankfully am feeling my mood lifting since I have been eating right, and losing some weight (only 9 lb so far). I sense a shift in my attitude and getting 'outside of my head' more this past couple of weeks. Focusing on the tasks at hand - eating healthy, getting exercise, meal planning - everyday. Doing this more and more consistently as time goes on, and it is coming more naturally as time goes on.

What was your motivation and mind-set that helped you to stick with it? Just wondering what your thoughts are on this subject.