Notices

Motivation and reward

Old 06-19-2010, 10:11 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation and reward

I think I first logged on here on the 4th of January. I have posted on previous threads about how seeing myself in the Xmas pics FINALLY made me see that I had to do something about my weight.

Well, I read the forums, and the success stories thread was a major motivator for me. Now, five months and a bit down the line, I attended a family wedding today...a lot of the people there hadn't seen me since Christmas. I got some amazing compliments!

I am just on the 44lbs loss mark, still have a long way to go but the difference is unbelievable. One nephew asked me 'who are you, and what did you do with my fat auntie' lol, others told me I looked ten years younger.

I want to say to the newbies here, it really isn't that hard once you get your mindset right. Tell yourself you DESERVE better, not that you 'deserve' a bar of chocolate because you have a hard day.

I have gone from being a tight squeeze in a UK size 20 to being able to order size 16 clothes online without worrying too much about whether they will fit me or not. I know it doesn't sound much, but the size 20 me really appreciated coming on here and reading how it could be done. (It still does!)

BTW, the wedding had a five course meal, and I had a bit of everything. The old me would have cleared all plates, now, I savour flavours and have a taste of what I fancy without being paranoid, especially on occasions such as today.

I am just on such a high with all the rewarding comments I got today, I wanted to share and maybe inspire someone like I was inspired when I first came here.

Sorry for the long post, just on a bit of a high that my weight loss was noticed by so many today and that I got such positive comments, just wanted to share
Old 06-19-2010, 10:32 AM
FitDay Member

that is fantastic! I've lost 35 pounds so far, and three of my coworkers have commented on my weight loss! I don't live near my family, but I'll be seeing a lot of them end of july (I hope to be 45lbs down since last they saw me!). That includes a couple of my husband's family that have made me feel less than great about my body (including when I was just 15 and NOT overweight). I really want to surprise them- they have no idea I'm losing weight. I feel so much better now than I did then. And I know we'll feel even better with more weight loss! We can do it! Your experience is so inspirational! Thanks for posting this- I am PUMPED even after a less than great diet day...
Old 06-19-2010, 10:35 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations on your success! I applaud you for losing 44 pounds and staying so motivated! It is not an easy thing to do! And remember...you haven't "just" lost 44 pounds. You put hard work, dedication, and sweat into losing those 44 pounds and it is quite an accomplishment!

Well wishes on the rest of your journey!
Old 06-19-2010, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

Congrats, and keep up the good work! Don't let anyone get you down, you deserve this.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:09 PM
FitDay Member

Isn't it wonderful? Wow, very proud of you here. 44 pounds is A LOT of weight, and it doesn't matter if you feel like you have a long way to go. Clearly you have a really good understanding of what you need to do in order to lose it, so just keep it going and you'll be there in no time.

I went to my cousin's wedding May 1st and got similar reviews, I even had to buy a new dress because I literally didn't own one that fit me. How fun is that?
Old 06-21-2010, 08:26 AM
FitDay Member

Nessa, well done on the 35, I wish I could be a fly on the wall when your husband's family see you!

thank you s much jenny, good wishes to you to for your weight loss journey!

Lizzy, you hit the nail on the head; I do deserve it, we all do!

Almeeker, well done, great job! I am finding the clothes part a little tricky to be honest... it is always fun to get new ones, but I am hardly getting a wear out of them and I bought two outfits for the wedding in different sizes. I am happy to say I went with the smaller one, I am hoping to get at least two more wears before it is consigned to the charity shop

I love this site so much, the people here are so inspiring and have made such massive changes to their own lives and the lives of others, like me! I never thought I had it in me till I came here. I have watched as my weight and BMI have gone down week on week, I am now not obese any more and I am more than ready to keep on losing!

*waves to my toes now that I can actually see them when standing upright*

Old 06-21-2010, 10:52 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations on your success so far! Keep up the good work! Thank you for sharing this inspirational story. =)